ESF Server Activity

Best answers
Esf is pretty much dead, the only people who play are the people who have stuck by esf's side through good and ugly. OMG AND ITS THE PEOPLE WHO HATED 1.2 TOO!!! I am talking about those who actually play the damn game you know.

Not the newbies who come playfor a week then stop, and just post on the forums. I am talking about the dedicated members of the community who actually play the damn game. Including myself. Anyways this isn't a bash 1.2 thing. I like 1.2 its dope, but I hate the "lack of skilled players" Its no fun.

I hate going into a server, and completely dominating without even trying yea in 1.1 it was fun because you were resticted to certain things thus making it harder, but now you have no competition whatsoever, and some people that did play 1.2 just flat out quit, and got bored of it.

Well not 1.2, but 1.2.1, in 1.2 there were more clans and more activity, but in 1.2.1 the activity makes the esf server's look like a ghost town. Yea 1.2.1 fixed alot of stuff, but then it added those stupid ass crashes that occur. I hope 1.2.2 is close to release because I really want to play esf(with more people who are good at the game?), and actually have fun again. I play games for a challenge not to completely dominate all the time.

In 1.1 you atleast had some newbie who could HOW a great amount, and actually provide a damn challenge, but in 1.2 you don't have that. All you have are people who just flat out suck or they are good. Just like in 1.1 not has changed.

I heard in 1.0 it was alot like 1.2, but with 1.1's regular speed. Except no adv melee, and direction swoops, or the other stuff. Well 1.1 without howing besides the ping part, and it had the instant block hit counter.

I hope earth league starts up soon. We can atleast have scheduled matches or somethin that would be cool. ESF-world just had a tournament, but it took place in europe. I want to play in the US you know where I actually get good ping. I miss it when the forums were also very active.

Now, and days you see the same people post who just registered during the summer, and they have like 500 posts... You don't really see any old people posting. All these people postin on the forums, and they dont even play the game.

The activity in servers need to increase.

Best answers
Oh just wait for the mod's to come in and close the flame, makes it all the funner. Our suggestions are worth what again? "If you don't like it, don't play it or make suggestions to make it better."

.....................ok.

I've made about 6 suggestions, one being beam jumping. I've seen great melee suggestions also but no.. it doesn't matter what the players want I guess. All I can basically say, I hope 1.3 brings a new style of gameplay, because if its not ESF will die. I'm glad the kids are keeping it going, though, it still has the factor of fun, but no where as much as it used to.

ps. Are you doing anything to change the current Melee system? And don't give me that "wait and find out for yourself" because by then we could all die. Atleast we'll have something to look forward too because theirs no outline.

Best answers
I dont see why they would say "make a suggestion" I like the game as I just stated. I just want more server activity.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked Carnage's melee system. It seemed like it would have brought a lot to the game.

Im tired of joining servers, kicking everyone's ass, and then getting called a hacker, followed by the "kick and ban" routine. "Mr. Zeonix, why dont you join another server?" Well, Johnny, its cause every ******* server does this. Where have all the skilled players gone? Thats right, Johnny. They've all gone somewhere else. There are about 10-15 people left in the entire esf community that i enjoy fighting. Only 3 or 4 of them can kick my tushie.

"Who's fault is that, Mr. Zeonix? The team made 1.2.1 and people seem to enjoy it." Well, Johnny, you are a moron. Most people play esf for 2 weeks or so, and then just leave. This means we are constantly being bombarded by newbs who do nothing else but scream "hax!" and ask how to melee. Perhaps this wouldnt be so if the melee system were different. Perhaps not.

"What can we do to change things, Mr. Zeonix?" Quite frankly Johnny, i dont know. I have my doubts about 1.3, and i really doubt a 1.4 will ever arrive. Lets just treasure these last few moments and hope that something magical will happen. Lets hope people become interested in esf, and actually stick around. Lets hope people become skillful at this game, Johnny.

(Johnny doesnt exist, btw)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, in Europe we are playing ESF plenty =D And we have a lot of very skilled players around there, too bad you americans do not play there.. Because of the lag I assume, but seriously.. Most experienced players there are good =)

Best answers
So you say, but how can you judge anyway there is too much of a ping difference. Even if we decided to come to your servers, it would be pretty much harder, and less fun to play. Since well there is Lag. Plus in 1.1 the ping was tolerable there, but nowadays its not because 1.2 has been slowed down. Lag + Advanced Melee arrows = ****. Hell, and also europe has alot more GOOD SERVERS *keyword is good* then what us americans have anyway.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ehh...ive played on a lot of european servers, and quite frankly, they arent that good. I had 158 ping, and everyone else had around 50-70 ping and i was still able to dominate fairly easily (although moving around was a pain in the rear....i also had to stop using teleport because there was too much of a delay. *Remembers back to when he was able to play 1.1 with 250 ping with no problem using his 56k.....ahh.......*

Best answers
Only skilled players from Europe are those who don't play anymore.

Mostly everyone who was in Z. GrOOvy, Carnage, Lynx, Kenshin, Goldensaiyan.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I basically quit esf. I would play, but my internet is ****ed over right now. I either get 30 ping and it feels like 200 or I have 100 ping and its spiking up to 200 every other minute.

edit: Eh, just so I'm actually on topic, yeah, not a lot of people play esf anymore. Theres no more then 10 people that I consider good that play

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah its so true that there are less servers then in 1.1.
but i think a reason is that WON shutted down, so most of the peeps where owned a COPY of HL where forced to use a CD-Key ,but they didnt had one.

Its sad that there arent so many servers of ESF 1.2.1 like in 1.1 days.
I mean i wasnt good at 1.1 but atleast there where some servers, in 1.2 there comes sometimes a peep in and then it start getting boring, not because i dont like ESf ,its because its slow and everyone know how to press button its not superioir Lock on matches...
But ESF rockz, :)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you own a legit copy of halflife, then you have a legit cd key.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think anyone actually quit because won died. It's because of the god damn crashings.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah i got one, i didnt meant me with my text above.
its just that peeps didnt need the Cd-Key in WON cause it worked without it.
and now they need one.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They could just use the one that came with their copy of halflife....unless they got it through illegitimate means...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That was what i was telling most/lots of peeps own a illegal copy of HL or CS, without a working cd-key.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, For one thing that tourny was cancelled (i didn't even get to fight and i was in it too :*( )

But zeonix is right not many people are good these days. Only a select few. I haven't fought someone good from europe yet, and i HAVE been going to europe servers lately.

ESF isn't dead, there just isn't what we want in it. More skilled playes. Hell, if there were more people that fought like Ape gohan, i would be happy.

I don't knwo what your talking about there are way more servers in 1.2 then in 1.1 in 1.1 i saw 30 servers tops. TOPS... in 1.2 the most i have seen was 60. That's double what i saw in 1.1

I too agree with Carnages idea of the new melee system, makes it fun, harder, and more creativity to it.

All in all i like 1.2 i just wish there were more skilled players. So far there are what? 10 15 tops... not enough.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There were usuaully around 40 or 50 servers in 1.1. It's just that most were not dedicated and they were split between steam and won.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, shows how well my memory works. But i still say esf 1.2 is not dead. If the noobs would just stick around to give it a chance they could get good as well. But what they do is they fight and are like "****ing haxor" or "this game blows" they dont' give it a chance, they expect to play it and be a god at it. And if every noob who ever tried 1.2 out and gave it a chance, there would be a crap load of players, and they would all be at the least moderately good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix, did you play any clan members? Try Styx.. You'll have problems enough there.. KartSa, Zypher, MgS, Peacemillan those I know are very skilled.. And I advise you to try fighting them, or even me.

Best answers
He's talking Ape, and people like me, because we all know, Draylock is ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom