ESF serious error

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whenever I play in a servr, than I play for about a half an hour or so, but then suddenly the game freezes and when I go out of game(through alt+ctrl+del) then the screen is all pinkish or the colours have been changed than I have to reboot my pc to make it right again, pls help me.

Another thing, how do I enable offline mode without going out, in other words offline mode works great then I reboot the system for my own reasons and try offline mode and it doesn't work! O_O

Does a person need internet to play ESF on LAN, because I want to LAN esf with my friends but they don't have internet, is there a way?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need an updated version of STEAM and HL1 to play ESF.

About that error. What graphics mode are you using and are your drivers up-to-date

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have geforce 4 mx440 (64mb), I can't play with OpenGL, my card doesn't support it, is the Direct3D unstable or something?

So you are saying that I can't LAN against my friends unless they also have internet? Can't I copy it from my computer to theirs, will it work then?
How do I update my graphics drivers, what website?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
www.nvidia.com

Oh and i have the same GFX card it suports OpenGL

About STEAM well you kinda need it to play ESF. Since ESF was designed to work with STEAM. It has loads of problems on WON. There is a chance you may get it to work though.

You can try this.

Install HL1 and patch it to 1.1.1.0 than play it once.
Install ESF to the HL foulder.
Deleete the ESF shourtcut you get cause itll search for STEAM.
Run HL and go to custom games. In that menu select ESF and click apply.
Than try a LAN game.

That is WON and i have no idea if itll work or not. And you cant play over the internet with that so make shure its a LAN server.

Best choice would still be STEAM though.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If needed, reinstall Steam, half-life and esf. Also try the latest drivers has Grega has mentioned above.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Grega, its nice that you add a "nvidia" website link, but i doubt he knows of what to do with it. donnierisk, go to the following website:
http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

From there, choose "Graphics Driver --> GeForce and TNT2 --> (choose your correct windows here) and press on GO!".

From there, you'll see this:
Downloads
» Primary Download Site «

» Mirror Site 1
» Mirror Site 2
» Mirror Site 3
Click on either of them, scroll down. And then click on "Accept", once you accept. The download still start, and once downloaded. Install it, and restart your computer to take effect. Then go in the Earth Special Forces game again, go where you can choose your video modes, and the "openGL" mode should simple work.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
THANX!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, I always had esf LAN work with Half-Life, but now when I create a server there comes something:
can't load(or something) client.dll
Or something like that....
Thanx, i'll try OpenGL then!

Thanx grega, but when I try that then the error above comes up, oh wait I copied my old ESF LAN that worked to my friend's computer!!!! I really hope he still has it, because I'm crazy about esf, who knows when the team is finished with ESF I might go on, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just use steam for playying now, WON has to many bugs & is old as it is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I tried to install the driver(Tnt something), I have XP professional, anyways it says something about my Graphics card uncompatible and says that sometimes on trhe box there stands XP on that means that it has been tested, and mine doesn't have that.
But then they give me the option to continue anywa or stop installatino, then I said continue.
After I installed I restarted and played ESF then set the graphics to OpenGL, when I tried to play this message comes up:

"NVIDIA display drivers files from different(incompatible) versions of the driver have been detected.

NVIDIA OpenGL acceleration is disabled in order to maintain sysetm stability.

To resolve this problem update the NVIDIA display driver.The latest driver is available at www.nvidia.com"

So thast's what they say, so what should I do now, any help from anybody? Should I buy a new COMPATIBLE graphics card or does anybode have a solution? Please help!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That can't be right. redownload the drivers from a different mirror, sounds to me like something was corrupted (the installer contents possibly or the driver files).

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
If it is an old Gforce card like my Geforce 2 GTS, the latest Drivers do not support it. Which means you cannot install the latest drivers if its not in the support list.

Your video card however: GeForce4 MX 440, is in the support list of the latest drivers. So you shouldn't even get that error. (Support list can be found here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/81.94_winxp_32_supported.html)

You could always try an older Nvidia Drivers like this one:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_71.89.html

I am using the Driver above as well, because i can't use the latest version.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay thanx, does it enable OpenGL support, I hope so.
I tried a different mrror for the file, and the same problem shows, and I tried to install it about 3 or 4 times, but thanx for your help, I appreciate it!

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i tink the problem form your Hl not fro, your video card i'v seen the same problem it's like could not load client.dll bla bla but he has using an old hl version what versioon do u use ?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
donnierisk said:
Okay thanx, does it enable OpenGL support, I hope so.
I tried a different mrror for the file, and the same problem shows, and I tried to install it about 3 or 4 times, but thanx for your help, I appreciate it!
Tried to use an older Nvidia Gforce Driver? That i have posted in my above reply.

You could always try an older Nvidia Drivers like this one:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_71.89.html

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
john_volkov said:
well i tink the problem form your Hl not fro, your video card i'v seen the same problem it's like could not load client.dll bla bla but he has using an old hl version what versioon do u use ?
If you have STEAM your HL version is automaticly updated to the latest version as soon as you connect to the internet.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Grega said:
If you have STEAM your HL version is automaticly updated to the latest version as soon as you connect to the internet.
Don't you mean as soon as you launch STEAM? Or does it updates as soon a new update is Available, and it updates while you're playing or something.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My HL is up to date, it got updated and took like 6 hours, lol(ISDN).
But I finally downloaded the older driver that skyrider gave me, and it works now(the opengl), so i'll just play and look if the game gets errors anymore.
And my LAN I haven't tried again, should I just install ESF into original half-life to, or steam half life?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom