ESF running problems

Best answers
aight i install esf blah blah blah its all fine but i installed it into the directory where my only hl.exe is which is in my cs folder its cs1.6 and it says on website it will work on cs1.6 but when i click on the esf shortcut it runs cs i dont get it? i really dont wanna go and ask for a new game since i jus got a brand new computer if it seems that it will not work with cs1.6 can anyone give me the files for half life? it would really be appreciated

"What do I need to play?

1. A decent computer and connection to play on (duh!)
2. A purchased copy of half-life, Counter-Strike, or DOD
3. The latest version of ESF (avaiable in the file section of the site."

thats what it says on site
http://www.esforces.com/?p=about
theres the link if you dont beleive me...i really really want to play this game and if it wont work with cs1.6 it will be greatly appreciated if someone can give me their old hl or something
thanks for the help im sure to get :p <<i jus like that smiley>>

Best answers
erm i think i MAY have found the problem....but theirs still a problem i think what was wrong is i didnt dload v1.2 first but ive got it now i tried to install it and then it comes up
c:/program files/valve/steam/steamapps/my user name/counterstrike/hl.exe/esf/autoexec.cfg
could not be opened. please make sure your disk is not full and you have acess to the destination directory. the system cannot find the path specifie

my disk is nowhere near full (brand new comp with 200gb hdd) and im pretty sure i have access to that..

i hope this means i jus have to do something small and the installer isnt corrupt cause it took ages to dload it

**and to answer your question is i jus installed it in the c:/program files/valve/steam/steamapps/my user name/counterstrike/
directory and installed all options apart from japanese voices**

**ok maybe this is important bit that i missed out?

i do not have half life on my computer anywhere and i cant get it i just have counter strike, counter strike cz, half life 2, and counter strike source
i installed it in the same directory as above but i took the hl.exe part out of the end so it looks like
c:/program files/valve/steam/steamapps/my user name/counterstrike
and now theres no error apart fro mthe fact it loads cs instead of esf...**

i really hope you can help cause im dying to play this game

**if you need my comp specs its
3.2ghz p4
1gb ram
XFX nvidia 7800gtx 256mb**

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, you can't play this with CS alone, you need half-life too

c:/program files/valve/steam/steamapps/my user name/counterstrike/
that's the wrong folder
just double click half-life, it should start downloading!
then just run the game once, start a training mission then quit again
and restart the ESF installer

Best answers
jus spent like 6 hours? on tryin to figure out what was wrong and thats it
looks like imma have to go buy hl:( ah well thanks for the help...delete this thread if you wish my questions been answered and i thank you for the help :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No you don't need to buy HL. Click on steam, chances are it will update, then click on the very first tab, play games. Then you will see HL grayed out, double click on it. HL should start downloading. (It copies the necissary files in the correct places) and then you're all set.

(But if you really want to buy Half-life that works too) Though I would say only do it if the above doesn't work.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Remember if you dont see HL in the play games list than try the brows games list ;)

Best answers
i had to buy hl cause i got CS free with CS:CZ but you dont get HL with that >.< thanks for all your help

i bought it n all its an amazing game

Best answers
hey everytime i download the game i cant get it to work. I have steam and everything i need help bad i want to play the game sound cool

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
devil040 said:
hey everytime i download the game i cant get it to work. I have steam and everything i need help bad i want to play the game sound cool
So you are saying you have a problem but what ahppens we should read from your thoughts :S

Give us some more info.

What is the problem we should help you with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom