ESF Release Schedule - Important

Which option would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Discord Member
Best answers
To everyone you voted for option one.. I can't even fathom. Option two is better in every way. Why? because nothing will be changing, we will just get an earlier release. Yes it will be a limited release but just think of it as an Open beta test that lasts a very long time. Tell me this would you rather play this amazing game in say, a few weeks time? or would you rather wait another 5 years? honestly people that is how long it would probably take. I'm not trying to be the rude to the creators when I say that but it's just logical thinking because you have all stated in the past how busy you were (hence why its taken this long so far)

DO DA RIGHT THING, RELEASE IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It's going to be the last release by the ESF team. I'd really like for it to be a serious game release, especially after 8 years of working on it. So option one, please.

And then petition to valve to start selling it for you.

*shrug* *****es gotta be makin' some money.

Discord Member
Best answers
I'd rather wait a few more years than be disappointed by the lack of game features I'm expecting.
wow that's rich. You really are an ungrateful little brat aren't you? You should be thankful that they didn't give up all those years ago. This is a mod of a very old game, I don't know what you expect to see but this isn't BF3 and it doesn't have a stupidly massive budget

ANBU
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you misread his post. So.... read it again.
After all these years following the mod, being part of this community i think it's ok to have some expectations. And personally, by the looks of it, i have a feeling that i won't be disappointed.

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
And to re-mention this. There would be no missing features in Phase 1. Gameplay wise it would be complete. Content would be the only thing missing.

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
To everyone you voted for option one.. I can't even fathom. Option two is better in every way. Why? because nothing will be changing, we will just get an earlier release. Yes it will be a limited release but just think of it as an Open beta test that lasts a very long time. Tell me this would you rather play this amazing game in say, a few weeks time? or would you rather wait another 5 years? honestly people that is how long it would probably take. I'm not trying to be the rude to the creators when I say that but it's just logical thinking because you have all stated in the past how busy you were (hence why its taken this long so far)

DO DA RIGHT THING, RELEASE IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Opinions.

Those of us that voted option 1 are patient and willing to wait for the whole release. We don't need another release in the middle.

Judging from your post you're one of the option 2 voters who are impatient and feel they deserve something now.

It's going to be the last release by the ESF team. I'd really like for it to be a serious game release, especially after 8 years of working on it. So option one, please.

And then petition to valve to start selling it for you.

*shrug* *****es gotta be makin' some money.
This game can't be sold due to DBZ licencing reasons

wow that's rich. You really are an ungrateful little brat aren't you? You should be thankful that they didn't give up all those years ago. This is a mod of a very old game, I don't know what you expect to see but this isn't BF3 and it doesn't have a stupidly massive budget
Respect other forum members and tone down your attitude

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe its good to see first and check out the true core that comes on the site.
Seen people just comming here with less then 25 post start to make comments. No offence tho but also vote.

I think I mention before as a joke but maybe its nice to see the votes from people with more then 100 posts.
Who will be the core community thats always have been here lately or in the past.
Again no offence for the new people but it would help out abit I guess.
Again, what is the point in censoring votes or valuing some votes over others just based off of post count? I'm sure some loyal fans who have been with this game since the beginning haven't even registered to the community yet. Some who have been with this game for a while already stated they were a long time fan, despite being a new member on the forums. Either way, whether they're new or old and have a low post count, there is no need to be weird about their votes.

Why would you be hostile with him? He made a reasonable assumption. It's easy to assume that the first release of a two-part release would be missing out on some features.

Last edited:
Human?
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
@Critical_Error

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. Poor choice of words from my part. In the POTWs you can see some pretty awesome stuff, which is what I'm hoping I get to see on my monitor someday.

I also think that if the mod was released in two smaller phases, the final release wouldn't feel nearly as spectacular and hyped as it could have.

Best answers
I would like the 2 smaller phases because it feels kinda like a demo of the game or like a beta. If someone offered you a beta key for an upcoming game would you refuse it because you want to wait for an actual release? For me the answer is no. It'd be like rejecting a Diablo 3 beta invite.....

Releasing the game in phases SHOULD suit both parties because you have the choice to download it or not......

Force Pit Member
Best answers
That's actually quite true! People can still choose to wait for a full release. I voted for the first option, but I would jump on phase one if the second options goes through.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I would like the 2 smaller phases because it feels kinda like a demo of the game or lik e a beta. If someone offered you a beta. key for an upcoming game would you refuse it because you want to wait for an actual release? For me the answer is no. It'd be like rejecting a Diablo 3 beta invite.....

Releasing the game in phases SHOULD suit both parties because you have the choice to download it or not......
Depends on the game and the person.

Discord Member
Best answers
I don't see how it depends on the person? The person doesn't matter, it doesn't dictate the release of the game the ESF team was always going to decide on their own. There is no way they aren't going to pick Option two anyway, it's the smarter choice.

ESF Old Timer
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
This looks like a ***** fight :p

One team say option 1 is better the other team say no option 2 is better.
But the most amusing part is its gonna like that for more then 68 pages hahahaha.

I say option 4 right now :D
Never release it hahahaha (just kidding tho)

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
I say option 4 right now :D
Never release it hahahaha (just kidding tho)
If they say: "ok guys **** it, we quit!" it would be the end of all of us

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I don't see how it depends on the person? The person doesn't matter, it doesn't dictate the release of the game the ESF team was always going to decide on their own. There is no way they aren't going to pick Option two anyway, it's the smarter choice.
Of course there is a way... apparently option 1 wins in the poll so there are possibilities for that option to win. Moreover, it was the team's original idea - if they didn't doubt it a little they wouldn't make a thread in the first place

Nevertheless it DOES depend on the person... some people rather wait for a game to have a finished release and some people want to go from alpha to beta and get to know and experience everything that has been done until now. I just wish they'd just give the game out in 1 big go.. and make a patch with some fixes after.

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I would like the 2 smaller phases because it feels kinda like a demo of the game or like a beta. If someone offered you a beta key for an upcoming game would you refuse it because you want to wait for an actual release? For me the answer is no. It'd be like rejecting a Diablo 3 beta invite.....

You seriously think any of us that voted option 1 wouldn't still be happy if option 2 was chosen. We are just willing to wait for the team to finish their whole project

If they were going to pick it regardless they would have just said

This is what we are doing, deal with it.

There is no smarter about it. Both sides have good arguments and neither are wrong. Like I told you before, it's all opinions. You just happen to be more aggressive with yours

Last edited:
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
I think the real winners of this poll are the 12 people that voted it doesn't matter. I don't think any of them ever argued why that option is better than the other ones.

Anyway now that this poll is ended shouldn't the thread be closed? You know a dev gives his final words, then finishes it with a "Topic closed" and we all go on with our happy little lives.

Note: Don't get me wrong I like the banters that just keep starting here, and I love when a forum mod' just get's ticked off and reacts like any forum mod' on any forum ever made, but really is there anything else that hasn't been said here? Think it's over man. Again GG dudes who voted it doesn't matter. You guys are the actual winners. Cheers:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom