✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure it prompts you to message or email someone if you have problems

After failing 6 times it's all your own fault

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Plus he couldn't even get Half-Life to run... Meaning he still wouldn't be able to play ESF: F, whether he bought it or not.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ok before I'll go do a massive cleanup on steam move it somewhere else and reinstall half-life plus all the esf games, all two of them 1.2.3 + the beta for funsies I'll drop 2 questions here.

Will ESF final be the same as the ESF beta, cause it was maybe possible probably mentioned that beta requires steam and half-life to work and surprisingly eventhough half life doesn't work the game (I mean the beta) itself works just fine(as fine as it can work with just me and a field and a crash) but it starts i can fly all over the places shoot some trees and then crash if I do it for too long.

So again even-though half-life doesn't run or it doesn't even make it past the main menu and the new game button ( did I forget to mention that? loopsies) will the ESF final use the same thing as the ESF beta and work or will it use something entirely different and not work like you said.

Oh and at the validation process being my fault.... yea I get to the part where I have to login to steam 5 times and every time it just sits and refuses to log in and at the end I get and error saying the process failed or something.How is it my fault again that steam hates me, or maybe the internet hates me. At try number 6 ( which comes waaaay later then the last 5)I finally log in, I get the message that it worked yaaay, but I still have this:confused: on me. Does this mean it needs more time?

Ok it's 3 questions but I repeated one of them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Question:

Did you buy the game on Steam, or did you buy the game in some store or other online vendor? If you didn't buy it on Steam, you need to enter the CD key for Half-Life into Steam.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pumadace2000, here's an attempt at your questions.

The Open Beta was never intended to be a stable release, it was what the team had at the time. The final release will require HL1 and Steam, but should be fully playable with as few problems as possible. If you do run into problems when it is released, you'll be quite welcome to ask for support here - providing you're using a legal copy of HL1.

With the Steam verification problem, try to contact Skyrider. Hopefully he can use his magical powers to try and sort something out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think fuzzy handles validation these days, so Skyrider might not be the one to contact.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Question:

Did you buy the game on Steam, or did you buy the game in some store or other online vendor? If you didn't buy it on Steam, you need to enter the CD key for Half-Life into Steam.
Bought on steam.

Edit for last post: I also sent a pm about my problem as suggested here ,, Should there be any problems with the system, please don't hestitate to PM fuzzy!
Please include all error details and, if possible, screenshots.
" but it got no response. Sadly i couldn't provide screenshots cause the error that appeared back then only lasted half a second and I couldn't catch the pesky thing. But it was a temporary problem cause it disappeared now, so I don't blame the dude he probably was very busy soooo... yah still going on about my spring cleanup now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you tried using fraps or other screen grabbing software to capture your error?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Have you tried using fraps or other screen grabbing software to capture your error?
Haleluya( spelled wrong) good old try number lucky seven did it! But now I still remain to the other problem with half life itself when I start it (even in compatibility mode unless I try for windows 2000 or 98) all I see is Gordon Freeman or what's his glasses face and then splush the game just says: ,, Nope ain't gonna work now! What you gonna do about it."

Lets see if the ESF's work.

Proud owner of Half-Life
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Ok but.. for final full version.. release date is ?? 2013?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok but.. for final full version.. release date is ?? 2013?
They haven't even decided on which option to do, what makes you think they have a release date available?

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Maybe you should not please the community on this one. I've done a few projects myself, and sometimes when you release an incomplete version of something, it takes away some of your interest in finishing it. Take NNK for example (i may be wrong here since i dont follow NNK, but I'm just trying to make a point by using an example), they stopped developing it after the first release just because. Another reason could be for the surprise; It'd be more surprising when the community sees the changes from 1.2.3 to Final, not some Final Beta or something.

I'm not thinking for myself by saying the above (because i would love to try a beta), but i just think it is the smart choice.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This mod needs to be 100% completed before relese if you do it in to parts i think we will all have horible flashbacks to the open betas where there would be for ever complaints about bugs and stuff peeps know about and *****ing about said bugs

Best answers
Hello ESF community!

Lately, there has been a growing number of comments asking about the release date of ESF. Let me start by telling you that the team isn't hiding this information from you. We simply don't know o_o. As it stands ESF is built with time outside of the developer's normal day jobs and schooling. It is very difficult to calculate an accurate release date when development hours vary from week to week.

Requests for a demo or some sort of a release are showing up more often in user comments and as a result the team has talked about offering an alternative release approach. Right now it takes an enormous amount of time to add a single character to the game. Every character needs a model, textures, skeletal rigging, animations, attacks (through FX system), scripted FX sequences, sounds, and gameplay balancing. Here is what the team proposes:

Option 1: Release ESF in one full release as planned.

Option 2: Release ESF in 2 smaller phases

Phase 1
  • Reduce the playable characters down to 5-6
  • Limit characters to 1 transformation level
  • Postpone non-deathmatch game modes

Phase 2
  • Add remaining characters
  • Add transformations
  • New game modes
  • Other goodies

The development has discussed both options and are comfortable with either. What we want to know is...
what do you think?
Please vote!
Release in two smaller phase releases!:yes:

Best answers
I hope that we will see this game esf esf 1.3 final or the new beta 1.3

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I honestly say 100% is the best way to go. Simply because if one version gets released, you never know of the "complete" version will ever come out. As said earlier in the thread, with the bugfixing from the first release being worked on, it would slow the release of the final game.

Yes the team has beta testers, and they've had them for a while. If you guys recall correctly, however, Betas 1.0, 1.1, and the 1.2s (still) have bugs littered throughout them, you're not going to get them all.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They aren't going to strictly follow this poll. It is just meant as a survey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom