ESF Rebirth Tournament

Best answers
Since I returned to playing ESF, I noticed that only a few of the people I played with 6 or 7 years ago still play. So, in an attempt to bring back some of them, and have some fun, I think it would be a good idea to host a tournament!

GENERAL RULES:
  • Rule set will be determined by server location or player agreement
  • Players will choose a server to play on
  • If the ping imbalance is to big, players may play two first to 5 matches on different servers
  • Every match must be recorded, I will be creating a mini-movie.
  • Use common sense

DUEL RULES:
  • Must use Goku or Vegeta
  • Two hits in the air, one on the ground.
  • No excessive advanced melee / throwing
  • No big beams (only generics, blobs)
  • No SSJ

SIGNUPS:
1. Volt
2. Grega
3. Manos
4. Spunky
5. Damaera
6. DRew
7. Jimmy
8. nsw316
9. Hyori
10. Dokutayuu
11. Mashi
12. Kadaj
13. Rokkar

You can sign up here!:
http://forum.esforces.com/tournaments.php?do=view&id=2

There will also be a cash prize, if you wish to donate to increase the size of this prize, PM Me.

Prizes, times, and dates will be announced when we get a reasonable amount of signups.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would sign in if I could choose other characters than Goku.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Other characters have more speed and/or strength. I will allow Vegeta, though.
we are talking about 1.2.3 non ECX right? Characters are quite balanced in that game. The character that has less KI drainig is also the slowest, as far as I remember...And if people want to choose the strongers they all choose the stronger, it is not necessary to close them the other doors imo.

Best answers
we are talking about 1.2.3 non ECX right? Characters are quite balanced in that game. The character that has less KI drainig is also the slowest, as far as I remember...And if people want to choose the strongers they all choose the stronger, it is not necessary to close them the other doors imo.
IMO Speed is the biggest advantage you can have which is why Cell and Buu are imbalanced, as well as the extra health.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...sorry I forgot the "only melee" factor here...of course it would be unbalanced without main beams...The same wouldnt happen if we could use everything except advmelee

Best answers
Well most 'good' players don't really use beams, and this tournament is for people who have been playing for awhile or know how to play.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hum okey, well I'm not very good with basic melee only...I usually like to make some variety of attacks, so I guess this wont work for me :S

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.2.3 isn't even close to being balanced. Buu is an absolute beast, a good player can go 300 - 0 if they're playing right. Krillin is a complete joke.

A character with a slower ki burn, but who moves slower is still worse off then a character who moves faster with a faster kiburn. There's a certain point when the speeds become too fast to control, but generally speaking, you want to get from point A to point B as fast as possible since it makes evading / outmaneuvering your opponent easier.

Just my two cents.
@Volt: Cash prizes? You might as well just send Ren the money now....

Best answers
I can beat Ren.

(Obvious joke, but still, a cash prize is distributed to first, second and third place.)

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll play if I'm up vs Dam first round.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Although I suck donkey balls at 1.2, I'm in if I don't play against Sub in the first round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom