Esf Question

Best answers
Hello!
I dont have half life but maybe i wanna buy it!
Only for this mod!
I wanna know some info about this game.
1.Are there playing much peaple online?
2.What can i expect from the game Transforming or dragonball searching whatever.
3.Can you show cool screenshots?
4.Is it worthly That i buy half life for ESF
5.What do you think about ESF what are your + and -.
6.How is the transform thingie working
7.does the characters have much powers.
8.how are the characters.
9.What can i think of the newer version?
10.How many Transforms an character got?
11.What is your favo character?
12.Do you got much maps?

Greatings
Arnoud ;)

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Arnoud666 said:
Hello!
Only for this mod!
2.What can i expect from the game Transforming or dragonball searching whatever.

Greatings
Arnoud ;)
1. Yes.
2. Currently each character has one transformation (more are being added).

2B. The Dragon Ball mode is like capture the flag, the only thing is that when you find all the Dragon Balls and gather then together, you will able to make a wish out of three different wishes.

3. http://esforces.com/?p=gallery&gp=main - http://esf-world.com/main.php?content=gallery
4. Half-Life nowadays is really cheap, not to mention there are tons of other mods out there for Half-Life.
5. I think ESF is a really good mod, the gameplay alone is worth the time. Currently I have no dislikes towards ESF.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1 For this game . oki this game is base on DBZ story and it's good
2. there r not many server for esf but lot's of esf Maniacs so as a word of addvice firsti play whit bots to lear to play
3. screem shot i think i'g got some
4. Yes it is not only for esf there r other games (mods) made on the hl engine
5. We just wait for the new esf it will rock
there r some videos about esf if you what u suld watch it here some links
http://mods.moddb.com/48/earths-special-forces/downloads/ download from here evry ting you like

Best answers
john u just made my eyes bleed blood T_T

neweys,

1.i thing there is pretty nice selection of servers for u, which are usually fullfilled with ppl.
2.u can expect really great gameplay, if u use adv. melee, its going to get kinda o' slow, but if simple melee, then nicely fast pased fun filled action of suberness <3 and just like MC told ya, tieh dbsearchofthingykindaofnotworkingevenso-mode
3.the esf-world gallery, esforces gallery, and search the forums, there is couble treads deticaded for esf pics, theyr pretty neat.
4.yes, specially now when 1.3 hits the floor sometime hopely soon
5.i wub it <3 +almoust everything, -beamspammers

hope to see u around the evil internet ;p even that i dont play esf nomore

ohh and welcome to the forumz <3

Best answers
Thx hammpu
added 7 more questions on startpost! :D
thx for the fast reply's i am getting intrested :D
Can some of you make an ingame movie how you play?
i havent realy an idea how it is yet.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Arnoud666 said:
12.Do you got much maps?

Greatings
Arnoud ;)
6. As you continue to fight against your opponents you have a blue meter which starts to increase. The meter is labeled "CF" and it is the first bar in the Hud above the "KI" bar. Once it's filled up you can transform by pressing the "z" key.

7. Each character has their own attacks, and each have different statistics which you can view while selecting a character.

8. Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Piccolo, Majin Buu (fat Buu), Frieza (first form), Cell (first form), and Krillin.

9. Happy thoughts. 1.3 will have the rest of the transformations for each character plus more characters to choose from (just to name a few new things in 1.3 as there are tons of improvements).

10. For now, each character has one transformation, more are being added in 1.3.

11. My favorite character is Goku.

12. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact number, but there are enough maps.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im just gona anwser in the quote. And cause i dont feel like editing your quote ill simply start at question 1 XD

Arnoud666 said:
Hello!
Only for this mod!
Depends on time of day and where you are from. Mostly people are online from round 2PM till late into the night.

Transformations give you a boost of speed and power and health. The Dragonballs mode isnt finished yet there is only an experimental mode wich dosent quite work to well. But the next version will have it coverd with a renewd capture the dragonballs mode.

The links in the second post ^^

I did it. So i think its worthy ^^

Pros:
-unique idea
-maps seem 4 times bigger due to smaller models
-hard to play (depends who your oponent is)
-fast gameplay
-allmost no limitations to what you can do

Cons:
-basicly some of the people playing (beamspammers, lamers, cheaters...)
-some bugs that exist but they are beeing fixed for 1.3 ^^

Well while you fight your oponent. You will notice that 2 things change.
-The green bar that says CF (Charge form)
-The number in the blue bar (That number is called PL - power level)
[Due to some missinformation people think the blue bar and the number in the blue bar are the same. But the blue bar is your energy - KI and the number in it is your strengh - PL]

In any case when the PL reaches a certain number (exacly at the same time the CF bar gets full) you press Z (or Y depending on your keyboard) and you start to transform.

Each character has 3 generic attacks (melee, kiblast and generic beam/ball). After those 3 attacks there are also signature moves that differ from character to character.

In the current version you have 9 characters. Goku, Gohan, Piccolo, Krillin, Trunks, Vegeta, Frieza, Cell and Buu. Each character has his pros and cons. But most people just play with Goku cause hes the star of the TV show ^^

If by the newer version you mean 1.3 wich isnt out yet i say it looks super.
If you mean the current version id ay its great to.

Each character has 1 transformation. Some characters have permanent transformations (they cant go back to form 1) and the rest has transformationswhere you choose how you want to play (some time transformed some time untransformed).

Buth sides have tere ups and downs.

Trunks, Vegeta, Goku

12.Do you got much maps?
Well ESF commes with quite a fiew maps on its own. But if you get borred of those there is allways this place to get more maps XD
http://www.esf-world.com/main.php?content=download&category_id=1097

Greatings
Arnoud ;)

Best answers
oke i looked in our town for half life didnt find it but ill search some more :)
is cell made good in this game?
and is the melee fun?
and do you guys know the realease of 1.3?
and is it hard to get in the game because of the other dudes that play already very long?
already thx for your reply's ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Arnoud666 said:
oke i looked in our town for half life didnt find it but ill search some more :)
is cell made good in this game?
and is the melee fun?
and do you guys know the realease of 1.3?
and is it hard to get in the game because of the other dudes that play already very long?
already thx for your reply's ;)
1. I don't know what you mean. Does he look good, or is he powerful? Well, he's a little more powerful than most other characters, because Cell has lots of different attacks. But he's certainly not the 'best' character.
2. Melee is fun.. if you're good at it. It's hard to master, and it takes lots of practice. You will not stand a chance against a pro-Melee user.
3. Don't ask. Nobody knows.
4. Yes, it's hard. ESF has a steep learning curve, so it would be wise to practice, practice, and practice more. Many players stop playing because it's hard, especially against pro players.

Best answers
Are there many servers with Non Pro's in it to practice good?
And the graphics are they a bit good?
How many peaple can come max in a server?
and do you already got some tips for me? :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try the public servers, ESF-World or HL2Files.
The graphics are ok, you can always replace models and sprites for more detailed, better quality ones here.
Max Players is 32 I think, but anything more than 8 tends to make the game too hectic.
Tips? Read the manual, learn both types of melee, don't rely on beams. Make your own server and practice against bots for a while.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. Yes, there are. There are only a few very good players, many other players are average or bad. This is because the game is hard to master.
2. The graphics are nice, but don't expect Budokai graphics. ESF uses the HL1 engine after all. But still, everything looks quite nice. You'll just have to see for yourself.
3. Not sure. I've been in a server with like 50 people before, but it lags a lot, so usually there are servers with about 12 people max, but that's more than enough, really.
4. Don't give up. The game is hard, but it's also lots of fun. Another tip: Don't go asking people in-game how to play - it's annoying and people probably won't help you. Also, try to set a good button configuration for yourself, to make it easy to do everything. Important controls are flying, jumping, powering up, Turbo, and moving, so they should be easy to press for you. Put them close together on the keyboard and it'll help lots.

Here is a nifty Flash tutorial for ESF, it has other interesting info as well: http://esf-world.com/main.php?content=12xflashtut

Best answers
What do the peaple on the servers do more melee or beams and that sort of stuff?
How is the Capture the flag with dragonballs working just get them all and then The dragon comes?
thx for the site and tips dudes i like the tips you give :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Arnoud666 said:
What do the peaple on the servers do more melee or beams and that sort of stuff?
How is the Capture the flag with dragonballs working just get them all and then The dragon comes?
thx for the site and tips dudes i like the tips you give :)
1. Depends on what server you go to. New people usually use beams a lot, but really good players only use Melee, Ki blasts and Generic Beams. So it varies a lot.
2. In a Capture the Dragonballs game mode, you must find all 7 Dragonballs, put them close together, and they will glow. Then you press the Use key when you're close to them, and Shenlong will instantly appear. You will be able to wish for Strength (a higher Powerlevel), Immortality (temporary invincibility. Trust me, this one's useless - it doesn't last very long.) and Friendship (when you wish, you get 1 point, but if you wish for Friendship you get 2 Wish Points. Wish Points are only important if the server set the game to end once a certain amount of Wish Points are collected. Think of Wish Points as frags, but you get Wish Points only when you make a wish. So this is pretty useless too, unless the goal of the game is to get as many wish points.

Best answers
How does Shenlong looks like?
this is an original game type i like it do they play it much?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Capture the Dragonballs is experimental and practicly no map suports it. Nor would you find a server that runs it.

But they are totaly changing it in 1.3

Best answers
i see the update is going to change much :D
good to hear that!:)
oke this can be an question where you cant an answer of it.but how hard is it to kill somebody? does it takes much hits? i know some characters got more hp but does it takes much hits ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That depends on lots of things. Your powerlevel, the PL of your enemy, whether or not you are using Turbo, or if your enemy is using Turbo or not.. etc.

Also, melee isn't as strong as beams, but melee is more dynamic and is more flexible than beams during combat, so that's why pros use it. So, there's also a difference between beam hits and melee hits. I can't really say.

But you won't have to hit each other for 10 minutes continuously to kill someone, that's for sure. If you're good, you can hit your opponent a few times, send them crashing into the ground, shoot Ki blasts or a Generic Beam/Ball into them with Turbo on (that gives it extra power). That usually deals a lot of damage.

Best answers
do you transform realy cool with more muscles and Yellow hair?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Arnoud666 said:
do you transform realy cool with more muscles and Yellow hair?
At the moment, not really no. I don't pay much attention to it lately, but as far as i know you don't really get "more muscles". But that also depends on if you download custon models or not. You do get yellow / blond hair though for Goku, Trunks, Gohan, and Vegeta how ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom