ESF + Plus Mini Mods

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hi.
Its been a while...

My idea.

Some sort of ESF Dev Kit where could be released to add Mini Mods for ESF so people can have the possibility to mod their ESF when they know how.

Basicly something like adding new chars with the xml system.
Also i could make some fun for ESF forum competitions like Mod an fun mini mod for esf, where people can try to code with the dev kit something new into esf.

Like having new attacks or having huge scaled models etc...
Or pro coders where can redesign an completly new PL system and add it via the mini mod plugin.

The mini mod plugin system could also be used for the ESF devs to add fast some little addon/plugins for esf when they want test something in public. So people could download the minimod/plugin and could test it in public.Or just to give the some sort of present :). Like when christmas is that every map has some sort of christmans decoration when the mini mod is activated. :)

So the idea ist somehow some ESF Dev Kit to add MiniMods/Plugins to design your ESF when you know how to code a little, without releasing Source Code.

I couldnt explain the idea better but i hope you understand somehow what i mean.

ESF Coder
🌠 Staff
Best answers
you can do most of these things with editing the xml files.
and for everything else...amxx( if it works with esf 1.3 XD )

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its my old buddy! :D
"Weedhumpster"

Where have you been! D:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can do most of these things with editing the xml files.
and for everything else...amxx( if it works with esf 1.3 XD )
But i mean an extra "Menu Point" where you can enable and disable Mini Mods on the fly :).

And also this could be like an extra modding kit for esf similiar to amxx.
Also ESF devs could use it to add mini mods without compining some esf sources again.

@ deathshot.
ive been here bit im not activ anymore ;-)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im kinda against adding custom chars. Hell the XML tool makes it a 5 minute work to add a custom character + transformations >.<

As a side note to why im against it. I have not seen so much model ripping in ESF in my life than i have seen by people making CCI chars for ECX >.<

But as green said. Its not really hard to do those things anymore. Hell you dont even need to know how to code anymore. Just copy, paste and edit a bit and you have your new character >.<

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well the new chars is kinda used for an example of what you could do with an dev kit.
with the dev kit you should be able to redesign esf completly when you have the nescessary knowledge if not then its anyway no use.

i just came to this idea because i kinda like an different PL system where works with levels and gives attributes to the chars without removing the abillty to transform.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You gotta get active and hang with us again. :p
TeamRaD will need you. :D

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm with you unless MM + AMXX works with ESF 1.3. Otherwise - rejected. My opinion is weighted.

Last edited:
ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't quite like the idea to be honest. :/

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I must agree with tenzo. If everyone molds esf as they like and host a game as server, I will never know what servers I will like to join or not. I mean, sprites and that stuff, it doesnt affect anything. But if people remember to change characters HP, PL even speeds etc, I will not enjoy that.
Well, maybe it wont be that complex if people label properly the servers, but I still think its a waste of time.

ESF Coder
🌠 Staff
Best answers
I must agree with tenzo. If everyone molds esf as they like and host a game as server, I will never know what servers I will like to join or not. I mean, sprites and that stuff, it doesnt affect anything. But if people remember to change characters HP, PL even speeds etc, I will not enjoy that.
Well, maybe it wont be that complex if people label properly the servers, but I still think its a waste of time.
thats not a problem in the game description( server browser ) you will see if they use modified settings.
But be aware you just see that something is modified but not what

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats not a problem in the game description( server browser ) you will see if they use modified settings.
But be aware you just see that something is modified but not what
So if I am guessing they could possibly mod it into a Slowhack server? Thus unbinding all your keys and causing chaos?

ESF Coder
🌠 Staff
Best answers
So if I am guessing they could possibly mod it into a Slowhack server? Thus unbinding all your keys and causing chaos?
no?
xml files dont do anything...
you can just modify the character classes, add new ones and change all the fx things, but you can't controll anything

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no?
xml files dont do anything...
you can just modify the character classes, add new ones and change all the fx things, but you can't controll anything
Well thats good. Just a thought though.

So I guess this Idea would be like ECX for ESF1.3?

ESF Coder
🌠 Staff
Best answers
nah its just a side effect of our(coders) lazyness :p
that way we dont have to do all the fx work, because other ppl can simply modify them without code access.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That and having 1 default class that reads from external files makes for less code changes and recompiles while balancing.

Since its all in the XMLs all you do is change the file and restart the server/game and you see your changes. No need to recompile or anything else.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
carnt you make it so that speed can not be alterd in the xml tool

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if its relesed thats a big if then maybe it will stop the mega speed trolls from making to fast of characters xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom