Esf Open Beta Reboots My System

Best answers
Hello All,

I'm running Win Xp Pro sp2 with steam installed. When ever I try to load Esf open beta I get to the loading screen and then after about 60 seconds or so my computer reboots itself. I thought that may be my version of Half life needed to be patched; however, I could not find any new patches via steam. I did download Half Life patch v1.1.1.0 but I can't seem to install it to the half life folder that's located in my username folder found in steamapps.
I hope this information helps you in helping me.
Thanks

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hello All,

I'm running Win Xp Pro sp2 with steam installed. When ever I try to load Esf open beta I get to the loading screen and then after about 60 seconds or so my computer reboots itself. I thought that may be my version of Half life needed to be patched; however, I could not find any new patches via steam. I did download Half Life patch v1.1.1.0 but I can't seem to install it to the half life folder that's located in my username folder found in steamapps.
I hope this information helps you in helping me.
Thanks
The latest Half-Life patch can only be downloaded through Steam. The patch you mentioned was for Half-Life before it was integrated into Steam, thus outdated.

As for the rebooting, you can try reinstalling Half-Life, ESF, and Steam.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Rather curious, does it happens with all your games? I have seen another thread that someone else posted on the forums with the same issue as you have, which is at this thread. His Issue was a possible "video overheating problem" which reboots the computer at force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom