ESF not appearing ON steam

Best answers
Hey,
well basically i installed the game so it should all be working, so i load up steam and go to my games list and ESF isnt their O_O , im sorry this might be a very noobie question but im lost for answers :yes: , please could you guys help me

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game should have made a shortcut. Try using that. Or look in the start menu.

Best answers
Are you using Steam? yes

Are you using version 1.2.3 of ESF?yes

Are you trying to run any ESF add-ons?not that i know off i just downloaded V 1.2.3

What game are you trying to install ESF into?i dont understand this question

Are you behind a router or firewall?yes

Are all your drivers updated?yes

What in-game video mode are you using?i dont know

If you have an error message, what is the exact error message?i dont have one

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you were trying to install with Half-Life 1, you'll need to run it once before you can do so properly.

If you were trying to install with Counter-Strike, you need to make sure it's not from a Condition-Zero pack, or it won't work.

The only other game you can install with is Day Of Defeat. If you weren't using any of the three I mentioned, you won't be able to play.

Best answers
hmm, what i mean is i have installed succesfully it just is not apearing on my steams game list. There is half life and counter strike and all my other games but no ESF :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I get the feeling you didn't install it correctly.
ESF is a mod of the Half-Life 1 engine, it needs to be in the Half-Life 1 folder in order for it to work properly (or one of the other games I mentioned).

Would that be what's causing your problem?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Check your STEAM foulder. the HL foulder should contain a ESF foulder ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This also happened to me, make sure ESF is installed in steam applications in the steam folder and don't copy ESF from the current place to steam apps, because steam has to identify it, so reinstall it into steam apps. and also remember in HALF-LIFE's folder!

Best answers
i have the same problem but these gusy r noobs soo let me tell u a lil more about wat i do bcuz i think there doing it i have steam wit alot of games my games r dod sorce cs sorce cscz hl2 cs hl 2 demo codname nd lost cost nd dod
now when i dl it i have to open the folders to where i wanna put it soo i put it in c\programs\vavlue\steam\steamapps\mygame\ nd at this point i have to pik a game i wanna put it in so i pik counter stirke nd i get the icon desktop but it doesnt come up soo it jsut opens my steam soo dat mite help u a lil better now can u plzz try to help me fix this bcuz i really wanna see wat my friends have been braging about thnx

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
adiss said:
i have the same problem but these gusy r noobs soo let me tell u a lil more about wat i do bcuz i think there doing it i have steam wit alot of games my games r dod sorce cs sorce cscz hl2 cs hl 2 demo codname nd lost cost nd dod
now when i dl it i have to open the folders to where i wanna put it soo i put it in c\programs\vavlue\steam\steamapps\mygame\ nd at this point i have to pik a game i wanna put it in so i pik counter stirke nd i get the icon desktop but it doesnt come up soo it jsut opens my steam soo dat mite help u a lil better now can u plzz try to help me fix this bcuz i really wanna see wat my friends have been braging about thnx
Before you actually going to call people noobs, you may want to take a look at your own spelling. such as "gusy" "r" "bcuz" "wit "sorce".. All wrong. So, don't call people noobs, doesn't matter if you don't know the English language perfectly, the fact is you call them noobs, while you shouldn't at all.

Anyway, since you have Half-Life 2, you have to switch steam accounts to play the games. Which is annoying sometimes. I'm not rather sure if the gold edition has Half-Life 1 included, but i don't think so. And i have no idea what your problem is, would be nice if you would be more specific. If you are talking about shortcuts, simple click on the right with the right mouse button, and select "create shortcut".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
adiss said:
ESF won't work with CS:CZ. You'll need to install it into Half-Life 1, Day Of Defeat, or a version of Counter-Strike that is not part of the Condition-Zero pack.

As well, Skyrider is right. Try to refrain from insulting people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom