Esf News Discuss - 18 Jul 2006 - New members Advance melee

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm the advance melee sounds promising but in main it changes only in a few.

i really odnt have any opinon about that, do you?

although congratz you 2 , happy working in esf =) though i never though a concept artist would be able to join that team, but owell.

Discuss:
Should the Advance melee get more options or should it keep at this opinion? (mark: the system of advance mele is a WORK IN PROGRESS, so we might be able to help out there with ideas.)

Best answers
aa guys i am a little confused.... in 1.3 the melee will be the same? cause i saw a vid where trunks was attacking freeza without being in a head-on to ...:) and how much will the melee will change from 1.2 to 1.3

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Cloud[ESW] said:
aa guys i am a little confused.... in 1.3 the melee will be the same? cause i saw a vid where trunks was attacking freeza without being in a head-on to ...:) and how much will the melee will change from 1.2 to 1.3
That video was Joes FX system. Not the melee.

Read on teh melee idea in the link i posted up there.

Best answers
The new advance melee sounds hectic. I hope that in 1.3 the combo attacks actually flow with each other (like in BT) unlike in 1.2. I have one question though. By signature attack, does the team mean a signature melee attack or a signature beam attack e.g. Kamehameha, SBC, Galitgun etc.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
FREEZE said:
The new advance melee sounds hectic. I hope that in 1.3 the combo attacks actually flow with each other (like in BT) unlike in 1.2. I have one question though. By signature attack, does the team mean a signature melee attack or a signature beam attack e.g. Kamehameha, SBC, Galitgun etc.
I'm pretty sure that beams are meant.
I like the concept, no more DDR^^
Sounds like awesome movies can be made with this kind of fighting (more like the series :D)

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't like the old melee but I have low expectations of this one too.

When this comes out I probably will never be able to play ESF again, because it is so complex that there will be A.) at least a handful of new exploits, or B.) a bunch of people who've mastered it so well that an average player doesn't have a chance to learn/enjoy themselves at all.

Both of which are why I don't even play now. Which saddens me, because as I've said many times, ESF is pretty much one of my favorite games ever.

It sounds awesome for those who have time to learn and master it, if used properly. But I know the ESF fanbase too well; this won't be used properly at all, given time its holes will be found and we as players will be forced to use those holes and pigeon-hole our fighting styles or die trying.

Regardless I hope it does better than my bleak outlook would suggest.

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, I thought you would love the system Pride. You actually summed up the reasons I dislike the system quite nicely though.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
To be honest other than it's inherent complexity I DO like it. But like I said. People have a way of ruining good things. Before long the hardcore user base will be so good at it and have devised the 'perfect' combos and strategies that I doubt as a casual player I'd be able to do anything but continuously die.

It used to fight like DBZ. It seems like with this new system we can do that on an unprecedented level of 'realism.' But I know the user base--unnappreciative kids who want a free game that runs on a Geforce2. It's going to be people abusing computer glitches and doing the 'lowest common denominator' type of play that we get in all multiplayer games these days.

And it's sad, honestly. These kids today on the net, they spend the first week figuring out all the hotspots, the best weapons/moves, reading walkthroughs and guides, even looking for cheats. Then they spend the rest of their time playing the game trying to do that same limited chain of repetitive junk OVER and OVER and OVER, to EVERY OPPONENT on EVERY SERVER in EVERY GAME. When they're at the top of the kill list, hurray.

That's what internet gamers these days call 'fun.' They know nothing about the thrill of a close fight, the pride of a tough victory, or the learning experiences of a narrow defeat.

Honestly I wondered if it would help if they take away the kill count in ESF. The goal in ESF should be to have good, DBZ-like battles, not to kill the most enemies. The best fights in DBZ usually ended with neither party dying. Maybe this great new melee system could have a dimishing-returns point system or something. I dunno.

I just wish I could believe people are going to use this "the right way." And I know what you're thinking, who is he to say what's the right way, right? Well I'm just a die-hard ESF fan who loves DBZ and loves video games. And honestly I hope that it DOES get used 'the right way.' But history has taught me better than that. The first two or three weeks will be super awesome and fun for everyone because we'll all be on even playing ground. After that people will find the holes and it'll be just like before.

Like I said before, I hope against hope that it doesn't go this way, because it sounds like phenomenal work and thought are being put into this system. Incidentally, excellent work to the team for putting this all together. I don't want to let my own personal worries cloud the great effort and workmanship being put into the game.

One way or the other it will be the best DBZ game ever made. And as for me, well...I can always hope.

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Pride, humans follow patterns, and using the same working strategy to defeat opponents over and over is the result of our inability to break away from human nature.

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I realy don't like it it's to automatic it was good if it staid at melee combos and shot beam's and the end of it not signecure moves that will not kill the oponet

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope you all realise none of this is final, we even changed/critiqued a lot of the design before we released that doc. I dunno about all of you but some of the micro systems seem a bit exploitable to me.

btw, use this chance to show what you think, dont sit back and think "oh so thats what its gonna be" come forward, suggest new things, as long as your idea's are balanced and make sense they'll be taken into consideration. We after all didnt just release this as a treat of info, feedback is helpful, as one group of peoples views will never take into account everyones, its good to get a more general consensus. Btw try to be a bit more percific, instead of saying, "i hope this isnt going to be so systematic" point out where we cud change it and expand. However dont turn around and say get rid of it all my idea's amazing either.

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
But if the system it's to automatic , for robot's whit desperation move and stuff like this I will never play whit melee only beam's and maybe adveance melee it will be like this (Look at that guy he is doing a desperation move f... him KAMEHAMEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA)

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
well at least you managed to say you dont like the desperation move, now please try to explain why you dont like it other than it being automatic, how is it automatic? is it too easy to pull off? do the requirements sound too low?

Please dont make such generalisations, it's easier to understand if you explain properly why this and why that.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
To be honest other than it's inherent complexity I DO like it. But like I said. People have a way of ruining good things. Before long the hardcore user base will be so good at it and have devised the 'perfect' combos and strategies that I doubt as a casual player I'd be able to do anything but continuously die.

It used to fight like DBZ. It seems like with this new system we can do that on an unprecedented level of 'realism.' But I know the user base--unnappreciative kids who want a free game that runs on a Geforce2. It's going to be people abusing computer glitches and doing the 'lowest common denominator' type of play that we get in all multiplayer games these days.

And it's sad, honestly. These kids today on the net, they spend the first week figuring out all the hotspots, the best weapons/moves, reading walkthroughs and guides, even looking for cheats. Then they spend the rest of their time playing the game trying to do that same limited chain of repetitive junk OVER and OVER and OVER, to EVERY OPPONENT on EVERY SERVER in EVERY GAME. When they're at the top of the kill list, hurray.

That's what internet gamers these days call 'fun.' They know nothing about the thrill of a close fight, the pride of a tough victory, or the learning experiences of a narrow defeat.

Honestly I wondered if it would help if they take away the kill count in ESF. The goal in ESF should be to have good, DBZ-like battles, not to kill the most enemies. The best fights in DBZ usually ended with neither party dying. Maybe this great new melee system could have a dimishing-returns point system or something. I dunno.

I just wish I could believe people are going to use this "the right way." And I know what you're thinking, who is he to say what's the right way, right? Well I'm just a die-hard ESF fan who loves DBZ and loves video games. And honestly I hope that it DOES get used 'the right way.' But history has taught me better than that. The first two or three weeks will be super awesome and fun for everyone because we'll all be on even playing ground. After that people will find the holes and it'll be just like before.

Like I said before, I hope against hope that it doesn't go this way, because it sounds like phenomenal work and thought are being put into this system. Incidentally, excellent work to the team for putting this all together. I don't want to let my own personal worries cloud the great effort and workmanship being put into the game.

One way or the other it will be the best DBZ game ever made. And as for me, well...I can always hope.
He's Right!!!!!
Will the new melee system resemble the Budokai 3 one?

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
ssj3Viper said:
He's Right!!!!!
Will the new melee system resemble the Budokai 3 one?
This is what I am saying the new Melee will resemble budokai 3 ot BT and i hate those games

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Fine, if you guys want to be ignored because you're not explaining yourselves, dont complain when 1.3 comes out -_-

Complaining does nothing, valuable criticism is productive.

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Fine, if you guys want to be ignored because you're not explaining yourselves, dont complain when 1.3 comes out -_-

Complaining does nothing, valuable criticism is productive.
Well I just say That I don't want to see the game to my moves i want to make them like the disperation move I WILL LIke TO AIM AND SHOT not to be automatic in the rest it will be fine by me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom