Esf News Discuss - 18 Jul 2006 - New members Advance melee

Best answers
john_volkov said:
Well I just say That I don't want to see the game to my moves i want to make them like the disperation move I WILL LIke TO AIM AND SHOT not to be automatic in the rest it will be fine by me
But thats to simple, nothing special about it.Thats way they work hard to make a complitly new end impruved melee system, becuse the current melee system has very limited posebilites .The new melee system will give players loads of ways to fight oponnets with all sorts of special moves end finishers that will make fights more spectaculer (thats just my opinion).
Anyways the new melee setup looks great, congrats to OpMindCrime & Darktooth, hope to seeit in 1.3

Best answers
I wanna see something like a grab a guy and plummit into the ground, and swoop away right before the crash.... but that could be a hard-to-do combo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My negative opinion of how it will be used aside, it all looks really great. I like the idea of the soft-lock and the camera especially...particularly if the system resembles Budokai Tenkaichi, I will be very happy with it.

I don't know what all this talk is about "too automatic"...it looks like you have to be constantly on alert and earning your hits with this system. Maybe you guys just didn't read the whole doc, I guess.

Incidentally I'm also very pleased to see that the 'blind swoop' won't lead to a melee attack. You should have to hold a mouse button at least to initialize any melee (like it is in the document), currently a person with no clue how to play can beat you on advanced melee prepunches just by swoops over and over again.

Good work putting all the need for user-side input for each aspect of the system. A definite improvement and a great system.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Actually I like the new advanced melee concept. It lets players play and fight on the fly, instead of hitting arrows and watching the fight happen before them, which made it kind of boring. It also seems pretty balanced to me. The concepts for the short and long throws are good too (actually being able to get out of a throw, and then having it reversed)

The system may sound complicated on paper, but the details are all there so it can allow balanced gameplay. I'm sure it will be pretty easy and fun to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom