ESF - New Vegeta

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reptile said:
whahaha that vegeta brings back memories. BIG BANG!!!!!!
with his bones atleast broken at 2 differen area's ATTACK!!!
LMAO!!!

Dang, i couldn't stop laughing!... oh man i can see that happenening... was that model that bad?.. oh well its was the first so i gues it wasn't that bad..

But still... he looks like a scarecrow!!

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
The new Vegeta looks awesome! Damn good job! *claps*

On the point of people wanting the Buu Saga outfit, I don't think that when they go to fight a bad guy in the series they say "hmm...I'm going to go SSJ2, I'd better go change into the clothes I was wearing when I first did that" That is the way I look at it. And besides, I prefer this outfit anyway :)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eclipse said:
same here cold steel, thats why i made masta.............better not say, could be a surprise :p. but yeah if anyone tells me to model a buu saga vegeta for a transformation, i will refuse. So surry guys that wanted it, you are jsut going to have to wait for a fan based one to be made :X.

as far as possible transformations i don't see why ssj and ussj aren't jsut as acceptable, i mean is it realyl THAT big a difference =\.....it's just a model XD.
did you make masta edit his (i think it was his model) SSJ2 Vegeta and put the armor on that model instead of teh buu saga suit? :p

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nope. I didn't model that Vegeta anyways, Turk did.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
best vegeta model ive ever seen, looks identical to the show very impressive ,great job Eclipse

Best answers
No such thing as too buff. When he turns SSJ2/Majin, make him even buffer!!!!

Excellent, no complaints what so ever. Absoultely brilliant

Best answers
The new model is absolutely amazing. People that say otherwise are welcome to their opinion, but that model is as close to the show as possible, it looks better (to me) than the budokai 3 vegeta model, and that's most definately saying something, since the budokai series is renowned for looking very similar to the original animation. Of course, I don't feel it can possibly have justice done to it in half life with the lovely 'lighting of stupid-ness' but it can still look amazing. Speaking on the arms, Vegeta was general conceived of as only very slightly less buff in normal mode. Every time the high quality animators (the ones that mattered) drew him in first level Super Saiya-jin, however, he was as buff as he is in that image. It's not that much of a discrepancy even with the low quality animators, so I don't see the problem. I know Eclipse is editing the model to shrink the arms, but I think he should leave the SSJ model's arms alone, personally.

I hear lots of people comparing how buff he is here to how buff he was in 'USSJ' mode, as it is commonly called, but I was watching the show before it was even IN America, and have been very familiar with it, having seen every episode of Z in mpeg format using a broken 14.4 modem. That was years ago, but I was a dbz obsessive back then, and I can say with utmost certainty that 'USSJ' Vegeta was unbearably muscular, far more than what is pictured here. The only real thing I have to add (besides the fact that the 'gold toe' portion of the boots looks way too small, and in fact, that area of the boot looks like you guys were just rushing there as compared to the rest of the absolutely gorgeous model) is that, while Half Life is a horrible engine to attempt this with, his mouth should at least do something during the transformations. Seeing the current Vegeta model look tight lipped as screams of pure and utter rage emanate from him, is pretty interesting. Just being picky, I know that'd be a pain and I hardly demand or expect it.

On the 'Buu Saga Outfit' / 'Majin Transformation':
I personally prefer the saiya-jin armor version to the buu saga version, all the way. However, while I'm not asking for a Majin Vegeta transformation, I have to COMPLETELY disagree with Eclipse when he said that it wasn't that special. Majin Vegeta was basically the culmination of Vegeta in the series. He was unique, he held the self destruct (Most amazing thing they did in DBZ, honestly, TOTALLY wouldn't have seen him sacrificing himself an arc earlier.) of awesomeness, and he invokes a small amount of primal fear and respect in the hardcore DBZ fans. So while I don't think it's necessary, saying that it's not any more special than SSJ/USSJ, is a gross injustice to the importance it held to most of the fans.

On the Android 18 model:
This model is not bad at all, when I first saw it, I was pretty impressed, given that it's a half life model and all. However, after seeing Raven/Eclipse's Vegeta, it's like comparing Apples and Oranges. Number 18 looks very much in line with the previous 'attempted realism' direction of ESF. However, the Raven/Eclipse Vegeta model is in a different league entirely, looking like a straight rip out of the cartoon, and you can't ask for more than that. I prefer it, and so I think that the model for 18 pales in comparison. But 'bad'? Not at all. I would just prefer to see a version done in the same fashion that Raven/Eclipse did Vegeta. The same goes for all characters. Such a high and DBZ feeling standard should be encouraged. Thanks for listening, sorry for the long post.

Sound Artist
Best answers
All new models currently have mouths which will be animated when needed:)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While we are on the topic of models. Why hasn't the team or any modellers tried any cartoonish models. The frieza looks the most cartoonish. But i've seen models with cel shading and damn do they just rock! I really like them. So why do you do more realism then cartoony?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
While we are on the topic of models. Why hasn't the team or any modellers tried any cartoonish models. The frieza looks the most cartoonish. But i've seen models with cel shading and damn do they just rock! I really like them. So why do you do more realism then cartoony?
they already stated in the past that making a cel shaded model is very very hard. Thats why.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it technically isnt hard to do cell shading but making it look good and not use an insane ammount of polys is whats hard

plus if u have a cell shaded model then u need cell shaded maps, more 2d looking sprites, and graphics

and really in most cases it just doesnt fit the inviroment at all

Best answers
Yea tbh that looks cool :D its even got that vegeta attitude in it the only thing is his arms are a bit short :/ beside that it looks cool!
Is it realsed in ESF 1.3? Cos it look to good to be in 1.21

Best answers
Honestly the more and more I look at this, the more I start to dislike the skin. I'm gonna seriously look into redoing this for 1.3.

Best answers
If you are going to redo the model for 1.3 could you at least make the model(s) shown in the picture available for separate download? All I have to say about it is that it's immaculate.

Excellent work thus far.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Raven Blade said:
Honestly the more and more I look at this, the more I start to dislike the skin. I'm gonna seriously look into redoing this for 1.3.
raven dont redo this skin, well if you are, at least back up this model + skin, i think this model is perfect, the only reason you are disliking the skin, is because most people in this thread are picky about what they want to suit THEIR vegeta needs, i think the model is fine, i know you ask for crits, but i can't think of any crits, well not until i see in-game, so i'd personally wait and see how well 1.3 goes when released before reskinning the model and if people are still moaning, then reskin if you want to :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom