esf mod of the week

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, sweet

I agree with him about the meele!!!!!!

More often than not you will fall victim to the Melee attack, the one thing I dislike about this mod. For the first half hour of playing I was consistently getting schooled by someone who called himself "Goku" and did nothing but dash around the level. The dashing isn't what bothered me, I could normally take him out at a distance, but what did bother me was that when he *did* hit you, your character takes about 5 or 6 seconds to get back up, of which that time your opponent is charging up a massive attack to take out the rest of your stumbling carcass.

Best answers
It regains over time but if you do happen to use most of it up, you can normally consider yourself a goner.
Doesn't look like he fiddled with the game very long, considering he only wrote about playing as Good or Evil, didint mention free fight or even capture the dragon balls... plus the fact of that quote up there, maybe he didint know about powering up?

I do aggree, at the BEGINNING melee takes forever to get up, but once you transform you can usually jump right up and fly back towards em in a second or two.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Keep up the good work team i hope that well have another mod of the week on our hands with the next beta

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Tepus
heh, sweet

I agree with him about the meele!!!!!!

More often than not you will fall victim to the Melee attack, the one thing I dislike about this mod. For the first half hour of playing I was consistently getting schooled by someone who called himself "Goku" and did nothing but dash around the level. The dashing isn't what bothered me, I could normally take him out at a distance, but what did bother me was that when he *did* hit you, your character takes about 5 or 6 seconds to get back up, of which that time your opponent is charging up a massive attack to take out the rest of your stumbling carcass.
Its great that he made us motd, im very happy :) the only thing i dont like is how he didnt read the manual and see that you can recover/block/counter melee hits. And yeah, it seems like he didnt know how to power up either.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lets all send him email telling him to read the manual:D

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
congratulations dev's

not that I'm suprised :), but very good job! Ur in the hall of fame now too :)

Best answers
hmmm it depends on!! if i hit you and you are in the air you wont lay on the ground but if i smahs you to a mountain orso!!

be sure to get a generic beam or 2 up your as before i melee you to death again

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I e-mailed him and he replied :)

No worries PCJoe, I've been made aware of the mistakes, and it is true, they are mostly my fault. I'm sure I'm being mocked on your forums right now :) Truth is I didn't get to play as much into the game as I had liked to, as I have finals coming up this week. I congratulate you on your excellent mod release. I intend to put a message at the beginning of next week's MOTW explaining how many of the faults I listed weren't really faults at all, just a case of me not RTFM :)
Very nice guy :)

Best answers
i think the guy that did that review at planet halflife, was checking out the game in my server, he knew nothing about dbz, or wut beams were, and he didnt know how to power up, it says that in the review when he says if you manage to use up your ki your pretty much screwed. ....and there was a guy named goku in my game, lol:]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Future Trunks...
By any chance was that guy's name only "Goku"...
or Super_Saiya-Jin3_Gokou :\ Cause when I first played
I didn't know how to use the dash+punch, and the first level I
ever played was esf_cellnight then it was esf_city. Well, aside all
of that, I knew how to play ESF. Just didn't know how to evade
or use the dash attacks D:

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
aww hes a nice fellow. Good job Dev team!

Best answers
"By any chance was that guy's name only "Goku"...
or Super_Saiya-Jin3_Gokou "

I played with Super_Saiya-Jin3_Gokou as well..
It was in one of my first games..he was a nice mentor. :)
I learned him how to do the buu dance (buu has an idle animation, just stand still on the ground for a while) , and he taught me everyting else.
He pretty much owned me.
I wish I could meet him again and maybe kick his as a little bit. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom