ESF Legal Game

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hi members and quests, i want to ask about legaly (For ESF), and Administrators and the other Members, don't give support because they (not validated users) don't have Half Life on their Steam account. So the point is "If ESF was legal game, why it can't be downloaded through Steam as mod if you have Half Life (Just like Zombie Panic Source - if you have only Half Life 2, than you can download Zombie Panic Source through Steam). I thing this is the best about ESF as legal game. So what do you think?!?

Sry for my bad English...

🌠 Staff
Best answers
actually, if you search the steam store for "earth's special forces" there is a page for it that has a description and a link to our website... as far as downloads off steam go, most hl1 mods dont have downloads through steam, NS is a good example. its an original uncopyrighted IP, but it still links you to the website for the download rather than being offered there. I believe that valve just figures hl1 is obsolete so they dont offer downloads for hl1 related content other than the game itself.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
OK... THX... again the Team knows the best for ESF, i just was thinking yesterday and i just want to ask... anyway thank you :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually no fanmade mods are available for download on STEAM so long as they are not Source mods.

Valve stated that no HL1 mods will be accepted into STEAM Works. So no third party HL1 mod will be available for download though STEAM.

Stuff like DOD and CS is an exception since Valve bought the rights for those mods and owns them as a stand alone game.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Time for Valve to release Half-life 1 Source Codes. (Wont happen).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom