ESF Kicks me to desktop upon join.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
In mostly all servers, when i attempt to join a server. It kicks me back to the desktop with no reason or error at all. I can create my own server without a problem, and join some of the servers without a problem. But with most servers it just kicks me out, and this happens when the loading procedure is about 98%, just before joining the server. Anyone can help me further with this?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Odd, i did re-installed. Problems keeps happening to me.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it may be a plugin or someting like this

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
Odd, i did re-installed. Problems keeps happening to me.
Iv'e Installed it 4 times and it still happens randomly but rarely.

Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
In mostly all servers, when i attempt to join a server. It kicks me back to the desktop with no reason or error at all. I can create my own server without a problem, and join some of the servers without a problem. But with most servers it just kicks me out, and this happens when the loading procedure is about 98%, just before joining the server. Anyone can help me further with this?
I had a problem like this. When i tried to join a server when was precaching resources it just told me disconnected. I reinstalled esf in an another partition of my hdd and it worked. Try reinstalling in another partition (if you do have more than one)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Punishing said:
How will help the configuration of the video settings solve his problem?
Well if he has it set to software mode than it would explain everything. (Software us unstable)

But since i know sky dosent use software im kinda puzzled :s

Say does this happen only in ESF or other HL games to?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
All other modifications as well. And video settings has nothing to do with it due i can create servers, and join some servers. I've heard the problem is because of Internet Explorer v7. Don't think I'm a noob at this, I've attempted a lot of things to even try to get this fixed, none of them worked so far.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, if it's Internet Explorer that's causing the problem, get rid of it. I'm serious, you shouldn't use it anyway if you ask me, cuz' you can get tons of viruses through it regardless of what routers or firewalls u have. I suggest you get Firefox, it's a much better, faster, and simpler browser.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dan_esf_fanatic said:
Well, if it's Internet Explorer that's causing the problem, get rid of it. I'm serious, you shouldn't use it anyway if you ask me, cuz' you can get tons of viruses through it regardless of what routers or firewalls u have. I suggest you get Firefox, it's a much better, faster, and simpler browser.
It also requires Internet explorer 6 to run (or was that IE 5.5) XD

Not shure anyhow yea if IE is the problem revert.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
All other modifications as well. And video settings has nothing to do with it due i can create servers, and join some servers. I've heard the problem is because of Internet Explorer v7. Don't think I'm a noob at this, I've attempted a lot of things to even try to get this fixed, none of them worked so far.
Internet Explorer 7 causes problems with a number of programs, you might want to revert back to Internet Explorer 6.

The worst case senario would be you were VAC banned, which prevents you from joining VAC protected servers. Not that I'm implying that you cheat, it's just that VAC isn't the most accurate thing with modifications (in my opinion).

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
Internet Explorer 7 causes problems with a number of programs, you might want to revert back to Internet Explorer 6.

The worst case senario would be you were VAC banned, which prevents you from joining VAC protected servers. Not that I'm implying that you cheat, it's just that VAC isn't the most accurate thing with modifications (in my opinion).
He wouldn't be able to log on if VAC banned him, if I'm not mistaken that is. From my guess, he can sometimes play, or always play, but at times he'll get kicked to his desktop.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chris` said:
He wouldn't be able to log on if VAC banned him, if I'm not mistaken that is. From my guess, he can sometimes play, or always play, but at times he'll get kicked to his desktop.
Nah if VAC banns you you just cant join VAC protected servers ^^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam users have reported issues in con junction with using IE7.
dan_esf_fanatic said:
Belive me if it were that simple I would be doing ti right now. Steam uses IE's rendering engine to display Steam update news, store info etc.

did you just reinstall esf or have you also tried reinstalling steam/hl aswell?. Also, try deleting clientregistry.blob in your steam folder (I was clearing out some fo the steam crash logs and noticed that when ever I launched steam it would always crash, so I deleted clientregistry.blob and started steam and that did the trick for me). I'm guessing one of the more recent hl updates has made esf unstable for you or it's just because of IE7 possibly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom