ESF interface artwork

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

I made this interface design because i was bored and i wanted to do something in PS.

The middle dragon is the original one i started with. One on the left is what i made and shows how it looks in the normal mode. The one on the right that is glowing shows when the SSJ transformation is available.

The Red belly shows HP and Blue belly shows. There is also a dragon balls around it and in one dragon ball show's a what type of attack you chosen, currently it shows melee.

Also i wanna know is this idea of interface/hud design even possible to work in ESF? oO

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is possible but the dragon is a huge distraction imo. I'd take the same concept of what you had but without the dragon and change it a little.

I did this pretty fast but you get the idea.

Last edited:
Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was going to suggest something like this:

but Lith beat me to it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's far to complexly detailed to make a good health bar and SP bar. They are hard to distinguish quickly in fast paced action. Also, I don't see a reason why the dragon should stop glowing after a set amount of time, and have only the eye glowing then (which again, is far to hard to distinguish). While it is fine to add a health bar and SP bar into an image to give it some more DBZ-esque feeling, there's also an aspect called "usability' involved in HUD making. The aspect of how usable the product is. In your case, it's not very usable. Extract the most important parts of the dragon and health/SP bar, and redesign it, in a much more simplistic graphical design (take example of what Lith made, you can stylize it a bit more, but you need to learn when too much, is too much).

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It is possible but the dragon is a huge distraction imo. I'd take the same concept of what you had but without the dragon and change it a little.

I did this pretty fast but you get the idea.
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9950/41668238.jpg
Hey thats really slick design, i whould like to have that in esf 1.3 final :yes:

It's far to complexly detailed to make a good health bar and SP bar. They are hard to distinguish quickly in fast paced action. Also, I don't see a reason why the dragon should stop glowing after a set amount of time, and have only the eye glowing then (which again, is far to hard to distinguish). While it is fine to add a health bar and SP bar into an image to give it some more DBZ-esque feeling, there's also an aspect called "usability' involved in HUD making. The aspect of how usable the product is. In your case, it's not very usable. Extract the most important parts of the dragon and health/SP bar, and redesign it, in a much more simplistic graphical design (take example of what Lith made, you can stylize it a bit more, but you need to learn when too much, is too much).
This is just my noobish work but someone with a lot more skill could maybe make the dragon or just features of dragon fit ingame so it's not that hard to distinguish.

I wanted hud to have that dbz feel so thats why i went with this Shenron as background for the hud.

The 3 sec glow thing? After a while it whould become anoying for people that dosent wanna transform.

the whole thing is just an idea :)

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
See it as a good incentive to get better at Photoshopping, you obviously have ideas, but with your lack of skills you cannot work them out (or portray them properly). Get better at Photoshop, and you might actually create something in the end that you will be proud of.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And a very good idea at that. Just a little bit more tweaking and i am definitely going to use it ingame.

@Viper: Loved what you did with leonardo's design. <3

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/4111/esfinterfacedesign.jpg

I made this interface design because i was bored and i wanted to do something in PS.

The middle dragon is the original one i started with. One on the left is what i made and shows how it looks in the normal mode. The one on the right that is glowing shows when the SSJ transformation is available.

The Red belly shows HP and Blue belly shows. There is also a dragon balls around it and in one dragon ball show's a what type of attack you chosen, currently it shows melee.

Also i wanna know is this idea of interface/hud design even possible to work in ESF? oO

Thats very interesting what you have there sir. Make room for..

HP
KI
Stamina
weapon icon
transform
bonus bar

make slots for those, if you want. And yes, it very much is possible, you guys will be able to create your own hud designs and be able to share it :)

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
lol weapin icon was allways there

the one wher u see the fist, ki blast, generic beam, kamehameha... etc xD LOOOL

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Slofreak. That is a name I haven't heard in years.

The design is pretty badass. But yea. I would say maybe a menu at the side for the other stuff.

Nevermind I caught on. Maybe the aura around the dragon is the Transform bar. The dragonball = Attack Icons.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Slofreak. That is a name I haven't heard in years.

The design is pretty badass. But yea. I would say maybe a menu at the side for the other stuff.

Nevermind I caught on. Maybe the aura around the dragon is the Transform bar. The dragonball = Attack Icons.
There are 2 transform bars though.

1.) PL required to ascend.
2.) training (Gained PL in current form required to go to next)

Only when both are filled you can transform.

Also dont forget a PL indicator. You want to know how much PL you have dont you ;)

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah glowing dragon whould be indicator for transformation and the fist on the dragonball is melee, ki blast, kameha... xD

I was acctualy thinking no numbers or indicator to tell you how much you got till transfromation. Just when you reach that required PL. dragon glows. But i guess ppl whould like to know how much PL you need to reach transfromation.

For HP and MP also no numbers. :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah glowing dragon whould be indicator for transformation and the fist on the dragonball is melee, ki blast, kameha... xD

I was acctualy thinking no numbers or indicator to tell you how much you got till transfromation. Just when you reach that required PL. dragon glows. But i guess ppl whould like to know how much PL you need to reach transfromation.

For HP and MP also no numbers. :)
No you missed my point. To be able to transform you need to fulfill 2 conditions.

Number 1. You need to have enough PL to continue to the next form.

Number 2. You need to train your current form (gain X PL while in that form) before you can proceed.

An example of this ingame would be.

Goku SSJPL 3000000
Goku SSJ2 transform PL 4000000
Goku SSJ gain PL requirement 500000

Once you reach SSJ you are at 3 million PL. To go to SSJ2 you will need 4 million PL in SSJ form.

BUT if you just descend back to normal form, gain PL until you have more than 4 million PL in SSJ form you will still not be able to go SSJ2 because you didnt use the SSJ form. You will need to stay and fight in SSJ form untill you reach 500000 PL that you GAINED in SSJ form. So if you transform and have 4 million PL in SSJ form, you will not be able to transform to SSJ2. If you then decide to play as SSJ you will be able to transform once you reach 4,5 million PL.

Alternatively if you transform to SSJ and have 3 million PL, but you stay playing as SSJ, you will fulfill the training requirement at 3,5 million PL and once you reach 4 million you will be able to go SSJ2 normally.

Thats why you need 2 transform indicators, so you tell the player what he is missing. Is it the general PL, or the PL he needed to gain within a speciffic form.

As for the PL number itself. Its always nice to have it on the screen, so you know how much PL you have compared to the guy you are looking at though the scouter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom