Esf Holiday Events

Best answers
My idea is why dosen't the team add a real time clock or something to esf, so on haloween or christmas esf will modify models and sprites a bit to make esf more intact with the holidays :)

I am no pro at coding, just throwing the idea out, it would make the game more interesting and more people would join in on holidays to see holiday-esf ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The simple answer? We're lazy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How do you mean? Characters with santa hats? Krillin becoming the Easter Bunny? Spirit Bombs becoming Christmas puddings?

I think Dungeon Keeper did something like that...frankly it was awesome, but I can't see it happening due to the fact that it's so unecessary it's almost superflous. Would be a nice touch for like 5 days a year I guess.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Black and White had it. On 1 april you had little smilly face footprints instead of normal ones.

It would be nice, but pretty useless.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i was thinking about the same thing maybe just make a Flash whit esf for Cristmas the story will be like "Frieza kidnap Santa and the z squad suld free santa for cristmas :D lol tipical DBZ =)) "

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Segas Dreamcats had this kinda Effect in "Ready to Rumble Boxing"
On Christmas the Secenerie had Christams Trees and Christmas Lights and some Chars had Special Christams Outfits.

But for ESF i dont think it would work, cause there are too many Custom Made Characters and Maps.

The only thing i could imagen is that the ESF Team, lets an Holiday Greeting Message floating over the Screen, or simulate Snow by making the Screen Disorted^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It wouldn't work automatically. This whole system is just a lot different.

For example, in an online game like Dungeon Siege, you connect to a central server. This server has control over what happens in it. But in ESF, you have tons of user-created servers, not connected to any central, governing server. Therefore no mass changes can be made. The servers would all, individually, have to implement a script that changes models/sprites/sounds whatever. For good effect, they'd have to do this all at the same time, something that would require an impossible amount of coordination and timing, and that's not even taking into account the different time zones in which these servers reside.

People would have to download custom Christmas packs themselves if they want a Christmas-themed ESF.

But of course, someone would first need to be motivated enough to create such packs. :p I don't see that happening any time soon.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For some small effect,it could be client side. So the code checks the system time of the user,Or from the Server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom