ESF help (yes, i have read teh How to install)

Best answers
Ok, my situation is that 3 weeks ago i finally bought CS 1.6 and such in the CS Anthology pack. I installed the steam client downloaded from steam-powered and just the other night downloaded ESF123 and installed per the instructions. It does not appear on my games list on steam and when i click the icon it boots directly to regular CS. any help is greatly appreciated in this matter and im sorry i have to trouble you with this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain, doesn't it work with 1.6? Well, i'm not sure why else this can happen, make sure it's under cs 1.6 folder as esf and under steamapps blah blah blah....
then run cs once, if it doesn't work, try reisntalling it.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Its works with cs1.6 but not the CZ packs, there is a difference.

Buy hl1 from steam, its like $10 last time I checked.

Best answers
The CS Anthology Pack comes with 1.6, AND CZ. I have Half Life 1, and run it from that, so I cannot help you.

Best answers
well that certainly sucks alot.. looks like ill have to buy it at some point..sadly i dont have the money to go buy it right now. it would figure. Any specific reason it doesn't work with Anthology pack? Coding issues im guessing?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think just some programming and stuff is diefferent which doesn't have nesecary files, well actually i'm just talking shat now, sorry not an idea, just not compatible.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jo88 said:
well that certainly sucks alot.. looks like ill have to buy it at some point..sadly i dont have the money to go buy it right now. it would figure. Any specific reason it doesn't work with Anthology pack? Coding issues im guessing?
The problem is the pack you have. The Anthology pack has CZ as its base and hot HL. Its the same engine but HL has a couple of files thet CZ dosent have. And ESF needs those files. Thats the reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom