ESF GROUND MELEE :D

Best answers
Ok listen there are plenty of areal attacks an perspective but what about ground perspectives ... This thread is to come up with ideas for ground attacks..

Ill start.. My idea is that if your on the ground and you double tap forward,right, or left , you burst into *sprint* that's just as fast as a swoop.

Also If you double tap backwards you should do a back flip..

how would the back flips work? Well the next time you get knocked to the ground and you pressed jump so u could recover.. hold down and jump .. your character will spring a back flip.

the back flip would be the same except about half the distance

also if your on the ground and you ps with someone in the air Your character SHOULDN"T go glidiing back as if he was on ice.. He should slowly push back an rocks should come up around his feet and leave a trail of rocks + dust/smoke

Ok back to the sprint.. While in a sprint You can* beam an use attacks tha dont require you to stop like.... ki blast, gen beams.. kameha's.. everyoen elses attacks that i dont know.. piccolo's scatter shot ect.. This would attact players to use the ground and the air to attack..

If this was added esf would be great

ALSO Say you were sprinting an you come to a Mountain of some sort.. instead of bouncing off.. the charcter should perform a NEW kinda of wall jump.

Instead of jumping off the wall they would jump up the wall staying on the wall and controlling each jump with a the jump button...

Also I think the wall jump could use some serious tweaking for this to work..

Instead of having the wall jump allways push u awayy from the wall in the same direction it could work like this.. I land on the wall and press an hold jump.. From there I can either press left, right, up or down to jump where i prefer... then i let go to jump off

Forward behing the jump that lets me jump further up the mountain..

Left lets me spring off the wall to the left.
Viseversa for right..

And back lets me spring off the wall.

also wouldn't it be awsoem to be able to hold on to the wall as long as you want? except it would cost very little stamina to hold on to the wall .. **letting go of jump lets you jump off the wall**

Force Pit Member
Best answers
couldn't understand everything, but i like the whole general idea of ground fighting to allow another dimension of fighting, 99 % of fights are in the air. I wish ground fighting could somehow be introduced to esf. Most pro's would agree that all esf is right now in decent battles is all -> swooping/ basic melee, and it all depends on who can land the first hit. Gets very repetitive to be honest, and needs some fresh new fighting aspects to be brought in.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ill start.. My idea is that if your on the ground and you double tap forward,right, or left , you burst into *sprint* that's just as fast as a swoop.
yes

Also If you double tap backwards you should do a back flip..how would the back flips work? Well the next time you get knocked to the ground and you pressed jump so u could recover.. hold down and jump .. your character will spring a back flip.
No

also if your on the ground and you ps with someone in the air Your character SHOULDN"T go glidiing back as if he was on ice.. He should slowly push back an rocks should come up around his feet and leave a trail of rocks + dust/smoke
no; smoke and dust n **** kill fps and create lag. No one wants that.

Ok back to the sprint.. While in a sprint You can* beam an use attacks tha dont require you to stop like.... ki blast, gen beams.. kameha's.. everyoen elses attacks that i dont know.. piccolo's scatter shot ect.. This would attact players to use the ground and the air to attack..
ALSO Say you were sprinting an you come to a Mountain of some sort.. instead of bouncing off.. the charcter should perform a NEW kinda of wall jump.
not needed.

also wouldn't it be awsoem to be able to hold on to the wall as long as you want? except it would cost very little stamina to hold on to the wall .. **letting go of jump lets you jump off the wall**
what's the point... you can fly.

the only thing i like is the sprinting on the ground instead of flying. I like that, everything else isn't needed and is eye candy.

Best answers
tonythetiger123 said:
couldn't understand everything, but i like the whole general idea of ground fighting to allow another dimension of fighting.
:::HERE IS THE CLARIFIED VERSIO NOF WHAT I STATED ABOVE::::

Ground Fighting

-My idea-
If your on the ground and you double tap the arrows forward,right, or left you burst into a *sprint* that's just as fast as a swoop.

If you double tap the down arrow you do a back flip..

-How would the back flips work?-
Go into esf and get knocked to the ground by basic melee .. Then press and hold jump before your character hits the ground. Now if you look closely your character has cauht him self an puts his hands up to stop himself from completely slamming into the ground.. Then press jump again.. your character will spring up... Now about the backflip: Instead of just pressing jump hold back and jump to do a back flip instead of springing straight up.

Only back flip im recommending would accur when your on the ground and you double tap the down arrow, and this would only go half the distance of the recovery back flip.

-Also-
While in *sprinting* your should be able to beam and use attacks that can be used while moving such as ki blast, gen beams.. kameha's.. piccolo's scatter shot ect..
-Non-movnig attacks-
you cant move when using krillin's distructo disk so that wouldn't be usable while sprinting..

-also-
say you were sprinting and you come to a Mountain(like on esf riverside) of some sort.. instead of ramming it and bouncing off or doing a regular wall jump off of it.. the charcter should have the option to perform a NEW kinda of wall jump.

-New Wall Jump-
Instead of jumping off the wall they would jump up the wall kinda like doing somewhat of a leep up the wall controlling each jump with a the jump button...(Moving up the mountain instead of springing off the mountain)

This would Provide extremely attractive and fun fights/chases

-How the Wall jumps should work in 1.3-
you land on the wall and press an hold jump.. From there I can either press left, right, up or down to jump where i prefer... then i let go to jump off. I could also Decided to stay on as long as i had enough stamina to hold on.

If i pressed the Up-arrow(foward) I can jump further up the surface im hanging on to..

Left-arrow lets me spring off the wall to the left.
Viseversa for right-arrow..

And down-arrow(back) lets me spring off the wall.

**letting go of jump lets you fall off the wall**

This new wall jump would allow more exciting fighting on building and mountains ect.. I remember when flying through esf_city as a nub it was kinda boring... flying, stop .... look.. fly some more.. With the new wall jump you can aim where you jump + climb the wall if you like allowing you to jump your way through the entire map if you like

-The reason for changing the wall jump and having ground abilities-
1) yes you can fly but it takes ki(THAT SHOULD BE THE DISADVANTAGE OF FLYING)
2) If you fight on the ground The advantage should be you use less ki then you would in the air.

Imagine this you and someone else whos nearly equal to your skill are fightnig you both have low ki but your still going at it.. not giving each other a second to breathe.. so eventually your ki runs low .. instead of backing off you still go at it but on the *ground*

The ground idea also lets the esf players the ability to enteract with the environment.. in my opinion esf 1.2.3 makes flying look like just another part of the game.. when i think it should seem to be an advance part of the game..

-2nd idea-
If your on the ground and you ps(beams truggle) with someone in the air your character SHOULDN"T go sliding back as if he was standing on ice.. the beam should slowly push him/her back an rocks should come up around his feet that are firmly in the ground and leave a trail of rocks + dust/smoke

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
eh, add this jinx:

when you double tap you do quick hop forward (or the other directions) but if you hold down the key you follow up the hop with a swoop (if you didnt suggest that already)

Best answers
thats a good idea but it interferes with my sprint idea. :O if they were to add that :O it would have to be like this..

double tap + hold = sprint

doublt tap = leep

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
good idea... but why not save space and post in my Melee Idea's thread?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
i think *more ki* should be used up while in the air, because all fights are done in the air, and would encourage more ground battles. "Growler/ssj goku's" idea sounds good where you double tap to make a quick leap, and to go out into a full sprint run, you double tap and hold. Sprints should be as fast as a regular swoop in the air, so it will be just as usuable. It uses no ki but the trade off is that your on the ground instead.

I like the idea if your running on the ground, and doing sprints, you dont levitate off the ground (when you aim the mouse up) like it is now, but instead , you have to press the jump button to engage in air fights. It would help ease ground fights and make it a bit more fluid.

I think all generic beams/ balls should be allowed while sprinting and dashing. But you can still charge and move with destructo disk/ kamehameha/etc, but cannot sprint with them, to keep it balanced. It would make the game more fast paced being able to fire simple beams while on the move at fast speeds, and add some depth to the game.

As for the idea about moving backwards on the ground blocking a beam struggler, it would sound good if it all depends on how powerful the beam is compared to you. If your losing the struggle badly, then you should move backwards like it is now, but if your in great control of the beam, and about to reflect back, you should slow down alot and maybe even to a stop ( making ground stuggles more useful, since you have the ground to brace yourself on, instead of air ). And some small rubble coming off the ground at your feet would be nice eye candy.

Another thing i thought of. As long as a mountain is not to steep, when your running into a sprint, it will not slow you down, and you continue to run along it.

Has a wall running concept ever been considered? It has been done in different games, and works kind of well. A basic one could work like this. You run straight at a building for example, holding the jump button. Your character begins to run straight up the building, until you let go of the jump button, and then leaps off with a back flip.

Running vertically along a building or mountain would take a little bit more thought on how it would work, but its a fun concept. In this one game I played, you would have to run diagonally at the wall,holding space bar, and it would let you run along the side ignoring gravity until you released the jump button.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ground melee though could be more of a target for beam spammers though if there are people fighting on the ground & it probably makes it easier for them to spam.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think this idea would work UNLESS fly would be toggled ONLY by pressing F. thus you won't automatically go into swoop if you're on the ground but instead to a dash. ONLY when you press F you would then be flying and able to swoop.

that way while looking up and double tapping forward you would dash instead of swooping into the air, could make use for some quick movements on the ground, and players would be grounded unless they press the fly toggle button

would have the ability to have actual "ground fights" in the game, the difference will be felt

Force Pit Member
Best answers
thats what I was pointing out , either the space button [jump] or the flight toggle button [f] (or both) as you mentioned would come to play, entering flight mode from the ground. =) That way you can still aim up and around while still dashing on the ground, and also be able to fire the generic beams.

Well, on the idea that its easier for beam spammers to hit ground targets. Ground splash damage could be tweaked for less damage, to reduce some of this. And dashing on the ground will be just as fast as swooping ( no ki cost), so you can still escape just as fast as if you were in the air. Teleports could even cost less too. And they can make fighting in the air cost a bit more ki, to keep players from floating around waiting for that opportunity to attack a ground player from behind.

Best answers
tonythetiger123 said:
As for the idea about moving backwards on the ground blocking a beam struggler, it would sound good if it all depends on how powerful the beam is compared to you. If your losing the struggle badly, then you should move backwards like it is now, but if your in great control of the beam, and about to reflect back, you should slow down alot and maybe even to a stop.
I still dont think you should slide all anywhere near as much as the game allows you to slide now..(across the map) if you side it should be very slow..
If you notice in the show when frieza Pses with goku .. Goku doesn't Go sliding back for miles he just slides back alittle on impact. In the game he should only slide back on impact then as the PS bar reaches the center or he starts to win he should slowly stop sliding back.

TonyTheTiger: "And dashing on the ground will be just as fast as swooping ( no ki cost), "

Are you crazy o.o? people would run all over the map.. But however... nubs that join the game would see flying as an advance part of the game.. So i think it would work.

As for the wall running. Im not sure if you read my new jump idea that allows you to leep up the wall... but if they added my idea and yours :eek: i think it could work like this.

Wall System

To hang onto a wall - Left Click

To fall off a wall - Let go of left click

To jump off a way - while holding left click press jump

*Now with the New ability to hang on the wall with left click*
While hanging on the wall you can use basic attacks like gen balls/beams and ki blasts

*hanging on the wall takes gradually takes a very smalll amount of stamina

-now say you were to jump on the wall head on and not from an angle-

You hit the wall and Left click now your hanging on the wall.. You have 4 optoins..

Up-arrow: Lets your leep up the wall .. Each jump controled with jump(while holding the up arrow)

Left-arrow: lets you spring off the wall to the left

Right-arrow: lets you spring off to the right

Down-arrow: lets you spring off the wall in the direction u landed.

Wall Running

Leep = double tap (while on the ground)
Spring = double tap+ hold (while on the ground)

To wall Run You'de have to start from a sprint and go into a leep then hold the forward button + the arrow that represents the wall your on..

or you can start from a swoop with the same concept

example if i wall-run a wall on my right ide land on it holding The forard arrow + the right arrow..

If the wall was on my left ide hold forward + the left arrow.. if the wall was infront of me just forward

Go up while wall running - Jump button

to jump off the wall while wall-running - Double tap jump button.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
lol yea it would be funny with everyone running around on the ground, i guess close to swoop speeds would sound better. I just recommended it because it makes ground fighting more useful, or else everyone will just stick to air fighting.

I have seen other parts of the show though where a guy is losing badly in a power stuggle and is being pushed backwards because he cannot control the force of the beam.

I dont see where hanging onto a wall like spiderman and shooting beams would work for this game though lol. Usually players are always on the move, and i dont really see this idea working out.

Wall running sounds more right, maybe it can be considered. Would be fun in esf, more ways to be agile while on the ground. They can even extend this idea to swooping in the air. Like if someone is swooping, and they come near a building, they continue to run along the side of it, leap off, then swoop again. Right now buildings and mountains are like obstacles that get in the way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or you can make the ki cost of flying a little bit more to force people to want to use ground fighting

Force Pit Member
Best answers
yup i mentioned that earlier in the post that starts "i think *more ki* should be used up while in the air, because all fights are done in the air, and would encourage more ground battles."

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
From what i read about the new adv. melee plans i think they have something like this in mind. This is better for adv. melee only also because if you have the option to fly anyone would take that advantage, unless ur like STOP LETS GROUND FIGHT. I am seriously looking forward to 1.3 o_O

Best answers
Hiei Jaganshi said:
This is better for adv. melee only also because if you have the option to fly anyone would take that advantage, unless ur like STOP LETS GROUND FIGHT.
hehe GOod thing you siad this.. :) this is exactly why i recommended ground melee becuase EVERYONE would take advantage of fighting in the air...

Ok now that you know this lets say people were fighting intensly and they were running low on ki :D INSTEAD OF RUNNING AWAY to power up they could simply GROUND MELEE WHich Would Use alot less ki

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
$sj Goku said:
hehe GOod thing you siad this.. :) this is exactly why i recommended ground melee becuase EVERYONE would take advantage of fighting in the air...

Ok now that you know this lets say people were fighting intensly and they were running low on ki :D INSTEAD OF RUNNING AWAY to power up they could simply GROUND MELEE WHich Would Use alot less ki
I like what your saying but i think the chances of both fighters running out of ki and instead of just charging up again would go to the ground to fight and then doing it without flying are slim. for example if you were out of ki and maybe the other fighter is too so you go to the ground to fight.... then what >.> in that situation if i was teh one in the air i would simply charge up and kiblast the person wanting to fight on the ground cause down there they are pretty vulnerable. However in adv. melee there would be no flying aloud and if u enter it on the ground or close to it. you would have all these moves you could do on the ground, and of course there would also be plenty of moves if you werent on the ground. Either way though, the idea of ground melee is pretty awesome.

*edit*

also if you enter advance melee up in the air nowhere near the ground, you WOULD be flying but with dashes and crazy barrel roll stuff (swooping would be disabled). They mentioned something like this in the 1.3 concept outlines.

Best answers
Well fighting doesn't take nearly as much ki as fighting in the air.. so basicly you would still be fighting but you could recover ki faster while fighting on the ground instead of opening yourself up by stoping and chargin up

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
$sj Goku said:
Well fighting doesn't take nearly as much ki as fighting in the air.. so basicly you would still be fighting but you could recover ki faster while fighting on the ground instead of opening yourself up by stoping and chargin up
Yea but still i cant get around the fact that if your on the ground there is nothing forcing the other fighters to come there too. All you can do is fire ki attacks and if it comes to that the person swooping in the air would have the advantage. I can kind of see what your saying but i think if it was like that it would be somthing where you might have a short scuffle on the ground with the other fighter, and then just swoop back up into the air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom