ESF: Goku Or Vegeta!

Which one of the 2 best saiyans will win the fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
Seriously,its not fair, vegeta should win. For goku, there is always someone that train him an give him advice, fo vegeta, he trains on his own and nobody helps him, he should be the one winning

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
@Zeroc Goku is still strong. His transformation brought him normal self some strength. Suppose he never transform he'll be the same but when he does his strength grew a little to the descend Goku. I apologize for my grammar.

But still, Goku is far from Vegeta's strength. Since you have seen Vegeta surpassed Goku, vegeta was very angry. Goku himself was not. He was controlling his anger.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Seriously,its not fair, vegeta should win. For goku, there is always someone that train him an give him advice, fo vegeta, he trains on his own and nobody helps him, he should be the one winning
That is always sort of the point in anime/cartoons, that together with your friends/family you are stronger (in real life this is provided you have people you can trust). Even if someone would offer help to Vegeta he would not accept it and because of that, he always struggled to catch up to Goku.

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
if someone would offer help to Vegeta he would not accept it and because of that, he always struggled to catch up to Goku.
Point approved but Vegeta failed. He still thinks about Goku just to catch up to him but he failed. He did not believed in himself like Goku did. Goku believed himself more than other opponents while Vegeta struggles to his best to become the world's strongest saiyan and all he cares about is to rule the world and called himself an immortal which he is not. He thinks he is superman's type.

Last edited:
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Even Vegeta himself acknowledged Goku to be #1. When Vegeta, who piccolo acknowledged to be a genius in battle, says that someone else is a better fighter that him, there's no way to argue with that.
I like Vegeta's character more specially because of the spanish dub, that dub is what made me love him. But I gotta say that Goku definitely wins.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So how about this, the quintessential reason people love the Goku and Vegeta dynamo IS because of their relative power shifts. One may be stronger than other at one point or another, but there is more to fighting than pure strength. If they actually fought for real, it would be less about overpowering and more about outsmarting each other. Both of them are battle hardened veterans and know how to take power differences into account. Which is actually the entire point of DBZ, that no matter how strong the odds you face you find a way to overcome it.

They are rivals because they feel they are about equal in strength, and thus have to keep training to keep the edge. Basically, its 50-50 either will win. You take that away and they lose a lot of their charm.

So to sum it up, they both suck.

Best answers
They are rivals because they feel they are about equal in strength, and thus have to keep training to keep the edge. Basically, its 50-50 either will win. You take that away and they lose a lot of their charm.

So to sum it up, they both suck.
Yes, and Cell was potentially most powerfull creature (with saiyans genes) in DBZ, he just didn't train:confused:

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I honestly don't understand the OP's question. "Who's stronger between Goku and Vegeta" isn't specific at all, as it depends on which point in time are we talking about.

• During Vegeta's "#1 speech", both Goku and Vegeta were virtually of same strength, the only difference was that Goku had access to SS3 which allowed him to use all of his hidden power. So the #1 thing was just a generalization. Not to mention that Gohan and Gotenks were stronger, so he can't really be #1.
  • At the end of the series (well, Z part), when Goku flies away with Oob, Vegeta says "soon, Kakarrot, I'll show you defeat". As this ending obviously removes the possibility of BOG having happened, it's unclear who's stronger at the time. Personally I believe it's impossible for Vegeta to not have SS3 at this point in time, because without it he'd have no chance.
  • DBO claims that Goku and Vegeta left the planet to have a last death match. Later supernovas were seen and it was assumed that they were caused by Goku & Vegeta's battle, so it could be interpreted as Goku & Vegeta still being close in power. Or not.
  • If you want my two cents on GT, even though both Goku & Vegeta get SS4, I'd say Goku is still superior. Sure, they fused and supposedly that requires them to be of near equal strength, but Goku was weakened/hurt.

Last edited:
Best answers
I honestly don't understand the OP's question. "Who's stronger between Goku and Vegeta" isn't specific at all, as it depends on which point in time are we talking about.[/list]
I asked a question on page 2 that carried onto all of page 3 I think; at 100% who do you think is stronger during the arrival of the androids, Vegeta or Goku?

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Piccolo said Vegeta was probably stronger, and Goku later said that if Vegeta failed against the androids, so would he. There's little reason to doubt that Vegeta was indeed stronger.

Best answers
The only thing I don't like about that whole situation is that Trunks told Krillin that Vegeta knew that training with a partner was better than training alone, yet Vegeta trained alone to prepare for the Androids and Goku training with Gohan and Piccolo albeit not in SSJ (I'm assuming here).

I know that Piccolo said Vegeta was probably stronger, but I think he also mentioned that Goku wasn't at full power or something like that when he turned SSJ against android 19 aka Kim-Jong-Un

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Piccolo was comparing Vegeta to non-sick Goku.

Some guy from 2010
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Which is actually the entire point of DBZ, that no matter how strong the odds you face you find a way to overcome it.
Other than kid buu, pretty much all major villains after a point (to my limited dbz memory) have been defeated by someone "leveling up", and over powering them.

Goku vs Vegeta with Kiaoken
Ginyu Force with a newgame+ goku
Frieza with SSJ
Androids With Super advanced Trunks
Cell with SSJ2
Super Buu Super Vegito

Raditz and Kid buu are the only ones that I remember that are defeated without being insanely overpowered by their opponent

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Other than kid buu, pretty much all major villains after a point (to my limited dbz memory) have been defeated by someone "leveling up", and over powering them.

Goku vs Vegeta with Kiaoken
Ginyu Force with a newgame+ goku
Frieza with SSJ
Androids With Super advanced Trunks
Cell with SSJ2
Super Buu Super Vegito

Raditz and Kid buu are the only ones that I remember that are defeated without being insanely overpowered by their opponent
Vegeta was beaten down bit by bit. First by the spirit bomb, then by Gohan and Yajirobie along with Krillin. His defeat was a team effort.

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Well, to be fair this happens in almost every anime. It's how the authors avoid a linear battle with no twist on it.

Although for me the most fair fight of DBZ was Goku SSJ vs Freezer, when Freezer hit 100% of his power he got a bit stronger than Goku (imo) but they were practically equal in power, but then Freezer became weaker due to his inability to maintain his power to it's maximum.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, to be fair this happens in almost every anime. It's how the authors avoid a linear battle with no twist on it.

Although for me the most fair fight of DBZ was Goku SSJ vs Freezer, when Freezer hit 100% of his power he got a bit stronger than Goku (imo) but they were practically equal in power, but then Freezer became weaker due to his inability to maintain his power to it's maximum.
Nah Goku said it himself. He was holding back and taking anyhing Frieza was throwing at him. To give Frieza the experience of what it feels like to face someone totally superior and teach him some humility.

Best answers
the fairest fight in DBZ is probably the SSJ 2 Goku and SSJ 2 Majin Vegeta fight, but going back to the SSJ Goku vs Frieza fight. Frieza at 100% is not stronger than SSJ Goku, if you're referring to the anime I guess you could make that argument that they're about the same since it's littered with filler.

Right after Frieza goes 100% he attacks Goku, who is seemingly unphased by it. Goku said that Frieza got tired too quickly while fighting at 100%.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Welcome to shonen, what flavor would you like your protagonist? Hot-blooded and rowdy, or broody and dark?

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Jesus christ. I wish the devs show us a video about Goku and Vegeta fought again in the Desert and see who will win the fight. Do you guys agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom