ESF Forum "Memberships"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I want a credit card o_O
I'd pay... but I dont have a card :cry:

Scruffie

S
Yeah, what if we want to pay but don't have a Credit Card?

Oh, and I liked the sound of that 3 Year Vet idea FM, lets go with that!

Best answers
Actually with paypal you do not need a credit card. You only need to have one to be account verified or address verified(you can use your bank accoun too). But then you need money but just saying.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by DaKiLLa
if i would send 10-15$ then wat do i get to be a MOD?....
If you send $10-15, you will get what Greg promised in the first post. If you send $25+, then there are a few more bonuses, also outlined in the first post.

Whats that? Paladin in your eye?
Best answers
Originally posted by LOGiSTiCs
whats ur daily bandwith for the forum? dont think the forum uses as much as some popular sites, maybe ur just with one expensive web host!

I think the whole donating thing is a good idea but the way your going about it seems a tad desperate!

$25 for a @esforce.com email, is this pop3 and smtp account or is it a simple FWD email address? an ftp account for sig and pics. Not sure if people can upload sigs to the forum or not but for that price u could buy a whole years web hosting for that to host pics on etc.

Contact team members via icq, msn etc? Whats the point, most peopel do anyway, there details are on the forum AND isnt a forum for communicating or forming a community?

Maybe just asking members to donate what they can if they want to help pay for hosting fees of the forum and maybe push the esf team into updatign and adding more features.

I dont tihnk the forum takes up that much bandwith at all and its EASILY coverable with there being so many of you in a team for a year!I was checking out some basic facts of how the bandiwth could be so high and its probably because of some of the sigs you mods use! I had EXACTLY the same problem with my forum which has Members: 41,347 | Threads: 81,613 | Posts: 547,708. and its down the the sigs which are stored ON server. Because so many members are visiting the forum and who havent downloaded the sig already, they are gonna redownload it. Depending on your browser settings you might not store that sig in cache so will download itevery time u see the sig in a post or thread. So you might have ur sig downloaded 60+ times by the same person on different threads.

Apart from that other people who host on their own space wont effect forum speed. Just page load times but that is down to the client not server.
The forums themselves dont use up alot of bandwidth no, but they require a dedicated server due to the number of active users online daily. The new machine is at about 20% capacity.

The donations dont just pay for the forum, but they also pay for 2 gameservers in California, 4 in Texas, and 4 in New York, plus a dedicated 100Mbit fileserver (mirror.oktagone.com) plus the 2 webservers.

Best answers
i will get some $ between the 14-21 (summer job) and i can send 25, but what if i dont have a cc? my dad dont have 1 either, and i dont talk 2 my mom (shes a bit**). can some1 pm me about this, how do u say...?

p-pae-paill?

p.s. thats paypal.....:S

Best answers
i think its pretty fair to ask for a contribution the guys give a lot to the esf community and expect very little back, i think its the least we can do, if its already been mentioned, sorry, but where can i find payment details ???

edit: nevermind i now see the PayPal link :D

edit 2: can i use a debit card ??????

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i wanna donate anything for sure but i have some questions:
1.I´m a stupid little german guy and i dunno how many €uro(that crap money) are 5$
2.I´m still stupid and wanna know if the paypal works from Germany)
3.And why am i saying that i´m stupid???

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
hmmm i remeber when we first got the paypall back long ago no one used it :S

Best answers
Paypal got bigger since it merged with ebay and most payments are now done by paypal on ebay. I got mine awhile ago too, had it for a long time.

And audioslave you can use debit card since the transaction is done threw paypal not directly from your card or bank account to greg.

Best answers
Greg - thats the important information which you missed out of the orig post which covers more than just 'increasing costs of hosting this huge forum'

Best answers
hey greg i happen to be a rich little welsh man

if i dontate 50 pounds can i be a admin for a day ;D ;D :devgrin: :devgrin: ;D ;D

bet everyone would love that ;D

but anyway 've got some money so ill send you it
its not much but its all the poor un-educated welsh man has :cool:

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by LOGiSTiCs
Greg - thats the important information which you missed out of the orig post which covers more than just 'increasing costs of hosting this huge forum'
Well, you have your answer now :rolleyes:

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by Mister Satan
hey greg i happen to be a rich little welsh man

if i dontate 50 pounds can i be a admin for a day ;D ;D :devgrin: :devgrin: ;D ;D

bet everyone would love that ;D

but anyway 've got some money so ill send you it
its not much but its all the poor un-educated welsh man has :cool:

umm no buy me a car

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sorry I'm being lazy asking here because I'm at work right now... Will paypal let you use a debit card? (as asked earlier)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom