ESF for network question

Best answers
Okay, here is the deal..

We have a LAN-network at our house..
My lil' brother also wants to play ESF, prefferably with me..

The question is, i only have one original Halflife CD and keycode..

Is it possible to play together? :warning: Offline that is..
If so, do i need to register him with steam to play together on LAN?

Thnx in advance people..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can both log onto steam using the same account, and that way you only need 1 CD Key because it'll be registered on both accounts...because they're the same account.

Assuming your network works, have one person go into Create Game and make sure the 'LAN Game' flag is checked. Then create a server like normal. Then your brother can Join Game and it'll be the local server.

Just for the record, i'm not guessing this, i've got 4 comps on a network and it works as i've described.

Best answers
Ravendust said:
You can both log onto steam using the same account, and that way you only need 1 CD Key because it'll be registered on both accounts...because they're the same account.

Assuming your network works, have one person go into Create Game and make sure the 'LAN Game' flag is checked. Then create a server like normal. Then your brother can Join Game and it'll be the local server.

Just for the record, i'm not guessing this, i've got 4 comps on a network and it works as i've described.
Thanks Raven.. :yes:
An admin can close this if need be..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what , but steam would know that account is already logged in & in use , so how can that be ??

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he cant know, as long there is no internet there is no problem.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tbh I can play steam on my friend's account all the time (yes, he knows). Unless you want to play at the same server, there is no problem. But if you're offline you can do that too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Online or Offline, it doesn't matter, you can use the same account twice at the same time with no bad effects. Hell, i've had all four computers run on a single steam account, and as far as I know it's not illegal. I think it's because all my comps are connected to the internet via the same internet I.P address.

Oh and Sentient, the LAN box should be under the game type when you create a server.

Best answers
or u could just install HL without steam and play over lan with that..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't do that. The WON capabilities were removed from ESF when the WON network became obselete. I'm pretty sure you can't play without Steam.

Besides, would you really want to uninstall Steam just to play ESF LAN?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom