ESF for MOTY

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It seems ESF made it into the top 100 RELEASED mods again.
Now let's try to bring it to top 10

vote HERE

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It seems ESF made it into the top 100 RELEASED mods again.
Now let's try to bring it to top 10

vote HERE
Yea shame. I really hoped we could be in the unreleased category :s

Oh well lets kick some released mod ass then XD

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We were supposed to be in unreleased though. Either someone screwed up or they're going back on what they said.

✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
There's only one thing you can do then, release ESF before it gets 2011 :D
Naah, as long as it looks good when it's finished, everyone should be happy. Still, set up a Donate system, I'm sure everyone is willing to donate some money, so you developers can do something nice (maybe getting together for a weekend, and drink like hell).

Something else,
Are you guys interested in some outside developers who create some less important features? (Maybe something like a better admin system, ET-like callvote system or something else you guys are too busy to do).
I would be happy to contribute to such a great project.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Somewhat offtopic, but has anybody else noticed that SC has made it into the top 100 every year?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Somewhat offtopic, but has anybody else noticed that SC has made it into the top 100 every year?
Yeah. Its been running since a long time. Back when i used to play it with my brother it was amazingly fun. So i guess it deserves it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
SC? Sounds familiar but for some reason i can't remember it
Sven Coop? If so there was a new update and it still has a somewhat large playerbase

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, and they said a mod can't be nominated every year. Kinda BS. Also, NeoTokyo didn't make it into the top 100, at the very least? That's a freaking travesty, with all that hard work.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF is in Top 100 upcoming mods of 2010.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's in both lists, I just checked.

Someone is screwing with the lists.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Now it's on the UPCOMING list only. Seems they've fixed it.....

Let's vote for the future No.1 upcoming mod
If ESF doesn't get at least a spot in the top 10 i'll eat my sock and tape it

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well here is the problem, regardless of ESF's awesome technical prowess & the teams dedication...

There is a huge 'distaste' to put it lightly, for anime themed games, DBZ themed games in the West. Yes, they put one every year for consoles, but it's true, there's a stigma about it. It's 2010, but most people still think anime is for 10 & under. Let's have some kids watch Elfen Lied, 10 and under, see if that's "childish".

I think it def deserves a top 10 spot, if not a top 5, just based on what you've shown, you've created a new style of combat for fighter games pretty much. I mean I've seen things LIKE it, but never so complex. You're really creating DBZ, and it's amazing. The Soundtrack in the videos, the image quality, new effects.

Oh man.

But there is another problem is there are a ton of Upcoming mods that are also pretty damn promising. The Rising, Cry of Fear, Blade Symphony, Dear Esther, and Black Mesa is up there again, so it's sure to get some kind of honorable mention at least, NMRiH, Arrangement. Nothing ESF isn't as good, or even better, but most years there's only like 1-3 good ones, this year, there a ton of pretty awesome ones, with a high quality, retail feel.

So it's tough competition even for a mod this well done.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well here is the problem, regardless of ESF's awesome technical prowess & the teams dedication...

There is a huge 'distaste' to put it lightly, for anime themed games, DBZ themed games in the West. Yes, they put one every year for consoles, but it's true, there's a stigma about it. It's 2010, but most people still think anime is for 10 & under. Let's have some kids watch Elfen Lied, 10 and under, see if that's "childish".
Well Naruto fits the same mold among the western populus, almost like a successor to DBZ in that sense, yet NNK won "Best Upcoming Mod 2009" , so who knows ESF just might win.
It's true that the competition is fierce and that the number 1 spot is probably a stretch but it's still possible, especially after all the progress that has been shown during this year.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, AFAIK Dragon Ball was meant for children (although there were naked breasts in early chapters of the manga), but it got famous with older people too.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep we got them to fix the problem. Keep voting, get your friends to vote, bribe the moddb staffers, etc ;P

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, and they said a mod can't be nominated every year. Kinda BS. Also, NeoTokyo didn't make it into the top 100, at the very least? That's a freaking travesty, with all that hard work.
I'm not complaining, I was merely pointing out that it's kind of cool how they make it to the top 100 every year.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well, AFAIK Dragon Ball was meant for children (although there were naked breasts in early chapters of the manga), but it got famous with older people too.
Dragon Ball is a shounen manga and afaik shounen is a genre suitable for ages 10-18+ so actually it's meant for everyone(except very young children, they're left with watchin Doraemon and other Kodomo anime) and does contain ecchi fan service content along with blood and severed limbs/body so it's more for late teens if ya ask me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom