ESF for Half-Life or Half-Life 2?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its for half life 1, not hl2 or condition zero either, u need hl1 to play the game

Best answers
What exactly is Half-Life platinum? I called GameStop and they said that's the only way to get Half-Life. He said it's a packet with other games too. Is it any different? Thanks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's just regular Half-Life with the expansion packs, none of which will make ESF unplayable - so i'd buy it.

Best answers
dudddd dont buy games!EVER! justt download it.. there r enough places for that..!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gohan Ssj said:
dudddd dont buy games!EVER! justt download it.. there r enough places for that..!

AUP said:
Warez, Cracks, and Hacks

Anyone who asks for any form of warez, crack, leeches, FTPs, fserve, patches, mods, chips or hack of any kind will be dealt with according to the corrective action section below. Allowing people to ask for/exchange warez in our forums makes all of us liable for the consequences. Oktagone, our host, does not allow warez on their servers, thus it is against this AUP and their TOS (Terms of Service).
Ripped from the AUP

This also means you can't tell people to just download the game.
Please don't recommend downloading warez to people again or you might get a warning which might result in a ban.
also half-life is like $10 and easy to get so buying it shouldn't be such a problem

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gohan Ssj said:
Don't listen to this advice, it's illegal, and very stupid.

Downloading games prevents the game maker from getting money, therefore preventing additional games from being made, this meaning that you will get fewer new games to play - you're only hurting yourself.

Plus, with things like half life, you can't play online with a illegal copy anyway, making the whole thing pointless and points you out as a moron fpr trying to rip a £10 program, sad really :x

Best answers
Okay, I got the Platinum pack, it came with Half-Life:Game of the Year Edition, Half-Life: Opposing Force, Half-life: Team Fortress Classic, Half-Life: CounterStrike, and Half-Life: Blue Shift. Now I have to install the first CD( Half-Life Game Of The Year Edition), but everytime I try to, I get an error. It says in the blue bar 16 bit Windows Subsystem, then in the grey it says C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. How do I fix this to where I can install it?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
go to www.steampowered.com

donload and install STEAM

than make an account by STEAM and enter your CD-key when it asks you. STEAM will than download and install HL legaly

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, if you try to illegally download any Steam game, steam will ban your IP, meaning you can never play steam games online again.

Best answers
I'm getting an error when I try to login to Steam with my account, it says: Could not connect to Steam network. This could be due to a problem with your internet connection , or with the Steam network. Please visit www.steampowered.com for more info.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
Yeah, if you try to illegally download any Steam game, steam will ban your IP, meaning you can never play steam games online again.
Now thats bull****. The deal is that if you download the game illegaly you cant register the CD-key making the game unavailable to your account and so unplayable to you.

Best answers
I'm getting an error when I try to login to Steam with my account, it says: Could not connect to Steam network. This could be due to a problem with your internet connection , or with the Steam network. Please visit www.steampowered.com for more info.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you behind a router or firewall. Cause there is a chance that STEAM is beeing blocked by it.

But i dont have a lot of knowledge about those things.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Than they can be blocking STEAM. But as i said i dont know much about theese things so i cant help you with them.

Best answers
Okay,I fixed it, Steam is up now, how exactly do I install it using Steam?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.)Log into your account.
2.) (ONLY IF YOU DIDNT REGISTER THE CD-KEY YET) Go to browse games and click on register a product i already own
3.)go to Browse games and click on the Individual games tab
4.) Scroll down to Half Life
5.)You have a button that says download and install
6.) Click the button and let STEAM do the rest.
7.)The game should be installed in a couple of seconds but the updating will take longer.
8.)When the game is updated (you can check that using STEAMS monitor) run HL once from the play games menu.
9.)Install ESF and enjoy ;)

Best answers
I click store then browse games, but I don't see "Register A Product I Already Own". I see "Activate a product on Steam" when I click games(at the top), is that it?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

This has been brought to you by the Fire Phoenix Inc. of America.

Click that, then follow directions.

Half-life needs to be installed, and you need to own a legit copy which from what you have said thus far is true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom