ESF:Final

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorce is about as flexible as an old dry stick.

Its great at what it does, but flexibility isnt its thing.

If you are talking flexibility, then you have 2 choices.

Quake 3 yes its an old engine but its totally open source now so you can create ANYTHING out of it. Even an RTS if you so desire. Downside is (not seen it myself but a friend whos currently making his own game engine tells me so) that the engine is a coding nightmare.

UDK currently the best modding engine available in the world. The unreal tournament 3 engine is so capable that lots of gaming companies are using it. And they are making everything from RPGs, FPS, flight sim, RTS games. You name a genre there is at least 1 game thats using this engine from that genre.

Source on the other hand is easy. A few changes here and there and you have yourself a mod. But in order to ensure that it stays easy lots of core engine features had to be locked. So you can only do with them what the game lets you do with them.

As for moving ESF to Source. If we try, then we have to scrap evrything we have maps, coding, effects, well we can keep the sounds probably, but everything else needs to be scrapped in order for us to move to source. And thats just not gonna happen. But even if we do move to source there will still be countless bugs we have to deal with. Switching engines to something newer is not a miracle fix. Quite the opposite, our coders are not yet to familliar with the engine and as a result it would take them longer to do stuff than on the GoldSRC engine which they know in and out.

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
To make the whole univers know, ESF: Finals doesn't use old graphics, how do I know? I have thought about it before and same goes for the hud. If you want your graphics to look nice just like one of us then update your computer with new graphics. That's all am going to say.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
To tell you to make the whole univers know ESF: Finals doesn't support old graphics, how do I know? I have thought about it before and same goes for the hud. If you want your graphics to look nice just like one of us then update your computer with new graphics. That's all am going to say.
I can't understand the first line.

Anyway if you want better graphics just buy a better graphic card.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't understand the first line.

Anyway if you want better graphics just buy a better graphic card.
As a side note, i think thats what he was trying to say with the whole paragraph.

And as for GFX card stuff. Youll need something that supports shader model 3.0 and has 128 MB of VRAM or more. So thats not really all that new. ATI cards have an additional restriction due to ATIs driver mess. ATI cards must be Catalyst AI 10.x compatible. If you dont have that, then your Open GL is broke and you cant run ESF regardless of card specs otherwise.

Geforce wise thats round 6800 series and newer.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And for you ATI fans out there, it's anything over the x2100 series. I found that out the hard way.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Well i have a nvidia 7600, come at me bro!

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have a nvidia 8800 , quadcore powerhouse so brings it on.
Oh we'll outdo that no problem. I can get ESF into low FPS with my GTX470. Though thats 1920x1080 with 16x MSAAQ/16X AF Forced (forced always takes more power.)

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Wait. Are you actually bragging that your game runs ****ty on decent machinery? :p

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Oh we'll outdo that no problem. I can get ESF into low FPS with my GTX470. Though thats 1920x1080 with 16x MSAAQ/16X AF Forced (forced always takes more power.)
well, some or a good amount games and programs dont evenn utilize the 4 cores on my procesesor..and my rig should be more than capable to run ESF final. I can run multiple programs without any lag or fps drops...lol i've ran toribash , dead space , mass effect , and bad company 2 on maximum settings(theres a mod now that unlocks a feature where u can go above the current video settings in bc2.) all at the same time.

Best answers
hey reptile dont be so sad......this wont come out in the next two years so you have enough time to get urself a new pc^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In 2 years i probably will have another pc indeed, but thats because i pretty much upgrade it every 2, 3 years to the newest standards..

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My next full PC upgrade will be after the new set of consoles come out. I'll probably just get a better Graphic Card and a 3D Monitor before then.

I am saving Crysis 2 for just that. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom