ESF:Final

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Is there a newer beta that came out? cuz I've been seeing alot of beta testers that arent written in the "Team" section in the website (esforeces.com)
EDIT: BTW, What is the meaning of potw?

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Open Beta final is the last release available to the public. There have been a few new recruits, the team page may have not been updated. POTW stands for "picture of the week".

✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
If you have short questions like this in the future, try the chatbox, so the forum doesn't fill up with 3-post-topics.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No reason not to create a topic if he has a question. Not everyone has enough time to hand round the chatbox waiting for someone to reply you know ^^

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Dude, the reason it's not out yet they still have to remake the game, making it way better and stable. But, as long you are talking about it and starting to get bored. I suppose you do something better until the game gets fixed faster.

(Latest request: I won't be here until next week of the month. To be sure I am not lying, hope you guys are doing well on your project)

Last edited:
ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Is there a newer beta that came out? cuz I've been seeing alot of beta testers that arent written in the "Team" section in the website (esforeces.com)
Yeah the website isnt really up to date.
But its not a major prior to keep the website.

When there is a new release comming you will know.
Probs there will be a countdown or something so you know when a new release will be online for public.

Best answers
why u keep complaining? better forget it and come back in one year! maybe then they got atleast a release date.
its a shame they dont think about a svn version or something...would be nice....so because it doesnt seem to be soon just froze urself for a year or two^^

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
Yeah the website isnt really up to date.
But its not a major prior to keep the website.

When there is a new release comming you will know.
Probs there will be a countdown or something so you know when a new release will be online for public.
Yeah there was one for NNK too.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why u keep complaining? better forget it and come back in one year! maybe then they got atleast a release date.
its a shame they dont think about a svn version or something...would be nice....so because it doesnt seem to be soon just froze urself for a year or two^^
We use SVN. Its just private ^^

Best answers
..............no comment

for real whats the point in this? showing awesome stuff we cant use in even 2 years?
this way you dont get people exited......you just get them bored......and so am i......the screens look awesome but i lost the hope that this gets soon released a long long time ago......is that your extra kick? you need that feeling? yeah we got stuff, no one else has......i dont get it......make a public svn and say no one ******* complains......and done......everyone would be happy.....

Last edited:
Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You really shouldn't get existed for this game. There is no release date and when there is, get existed.
There are countless of good (old) games you can play till then and they are working on it for free.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
..............no comment

for real whats the point in this? showing awesome stuff we cant use in even 2 years?
this way you dont get people exited......you just get them bored......and so am i......the screens look awesome but i lost the hope that this gets soon released a long long time ago......is that your extra kick? you need that feeling? yeah we got stuff, no one else has......i dont get it......make a public svn and say no one ******* complains......and done......everyone would be happy.....
There is a flaw in your way of thinking. The game is nowhere near stable as we keep hearing about constant crashes, framerate dips and such from the beta testers and devs. If that got released the only thing we'd gain would be a half broken game and all they'd gain would be a bunch of whiny kids on the forums. I believe that the screenshots and update news are mainly here to show their progress. Since this community isn't that large and it mostly contains avid fans and old school followers so there isn't too much hype here. The mod will be released when the devs believe it's done and it probably won't attract too many people but it will probably have a consistent player base of fans who won't let the mod die for a while, similar to NEOTOKYO.

Note: The contents of this post are nothing else but my personal opinion based on what i've heard so far and a few assumptions. It may or may not be true

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
..............no comment

Yes because the open beta worked so nicely. We show you pictures of what we have, BUT we only show you stuff that works. As it stands the inteam is not playable at all. The Open Beta works like a charm compared to it. So we have a choice. We either stick to a few handpicked testers, release pictures and news about updates and deal with 1 or 2 people who are anoyed by the fact that its not finished yet, or we make the SVN public and get spammed by hundreds of people complaining about how broken it is, why Goku just stands round like a statue, why Vegeta disappears when he enters melee, why the game crashes and why KI attacks explode in your face when you shoot them, to name a few bugs we are dealing with. There are also other issues and some updates that break the game totally. Though those are usually sorted out within a day or so. Then again we usually have over 50 updates each week, some times even over 100 updates to the SVN.

Best answers
maybe you are right but consider the fact that it might work! check out the mod "stargate assault" there they had it like you in the past...then a long development and people startet to get bored of seeing awesome stuff but then getting nothing....

then they decided to do the svn way.....sure the updates there are almost seeable in the game....but the people are happy....there it worked....you can check their forum....you are getting NO single asking for updates...and that even without one order"no one asks for updates".....they are just happy to see progress even if its not seeable ingame.....i am not ordering you to do it and i know as good as many here(well some do not) that we have to be pretty thankfull to you for doing this.but with that long time development you are getting people bored....its like showing candy to a baby without giving it to him.well i say give him the candy and let him see that it tastes bad...i still have contact to some guys i used to play with....all are my opionion...they saw the great stuff and then the old version well got old....now they dont play anymore...and you sure know as good as me in the old days this forum was full of action....and there were hundreds of server playing this! there were clans and fights and stuff.....

well i cant order you to do it....but i put it in your hand.....consider it....it worked in other games/mods so why not here? make a extra rules that no one complains....and its ok! and no one gonna complain anyway when there will be a svn update every week as u say;)

your choice! maybe atleast give it a shot! or do you have something to lose? you just can win...forum will grow again...people gonna come back...and even if someone really should start complain....make me moderator and i ban him:p you can set one master order: NO ONE ******* COMPLAINS! and u will see they dont^^

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
maybe you are right but consider the fact that it might work! check out the mod "stargate assault" there they had it like you in the past...then a long development and people startet to get bored of seeing awesome stuff but then getting nothing....

then they decided to do the svn way.....sure the updates there are almost seeable in the game....but the people are happy....there it worked....you can check their forum....you are getting NO single asking for updates...and that even without one order"no one asks for updates".....they are just happy to see progress even if its not seeable ingame.....i am not ordering you to do it and i know as good as many here(well some do not) that we have to be pretty thankfull to you for doing this.but with that long time development you are getting people bored....its like showing candy to a baby without giving it to him.well i say give him the candy and let him see that it tastes bad...i still have contact to some guys i used to play with....all are my opionion...they saw the great stuff and then the old version well got old....now they dont play anymore...and you sure know as good as me in the old days this forum was full of action....and there were hundreds of server playing this! there were clans and fights and stuff.....

well i cant order you to do it....but i put it in your hand.....consider it....it worked in other games/mods so why not here? make a extra rules that no one complains....and its ok! and no one gonna complain anyway when there will be a svn update every week as u say;)

your choice! maybe atleast give it a shot! or do you have something to lose? you just can win...forum will grow again...people gonna come back...and even if someone really should start complain....make me moderator and i ban him:p you can set one master order: NO ONE ******* COMPLAINS! and u will see they dont^^
Not gonna work, it would kind of be the same as trying to convince that one COD player that you are not hacking.

At least as far as i have seen >_>

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

But then the baby won't accept anything from you, because it all tasted nasty! The current inteam is a scary thing, lots of crashes and incredibly tough on our machines. Plus, there are a few things that we want to wow you with. You've only seen the ultra pretty stuff, who knows what half-baked monster's currently brewing - other than us of course!

Best answers
well i dont say that it WILL WORK BUT there are mods known where it did work! that "stargate assault" mod is the best example.....no one complains...it worked there! there sure will be examples found where it didnt work but i dont know them:p

i have to admit i just know the stargate mod.....it worked perfectly and if you really get in mind that they right now only complain because they think there is awesome and they dont give it to us? they wont complain!
this way or another! some will be happy with the stuff released and some will just recognize or realize that....well that that is it..mostly it goes with the progress...people just wanna see progress and maybe also the realism that the pics are only made in a few seconds before the game crashed....but alone with the progress you gonna keep the fans of this game around the forum...and the forum sure will become more activ as it is right now!

there are sure two sides....it can work but it also can fail....but for real....complaining about missing updates we got right now....the esf team may throw the coin....but they can only win...when this game is done in 2years and no one is here to play it anymore(sure there still will be some,but i have to admit i am already losing my interesst)then no one wins at all.....

give the baby sugar! and for the monster;) i am a brave one:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom