ESF:Final

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The community has been dying slowly for a long time. Having more updates won't really change that.

With that said, I just don't really see the need for as many updates. Revealing too much spoils the surprise, and I'm sure that's what a lot of people (including myself) are looking forward to the most. I'm sure a lot of progress has been, and is being made, the team just isn't revealing many things.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Surely the team doesn't take the effort of keeping the community at bay.
Surely a dying community can be a reason of the project being closed.

But seeing how it goes so far, I dare to say that ESF: Final is going to be finished.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
The community has been dying slowly for a long time. Having more updates won't really change that.

With that said, I just don't really see the need for as many updates. Revealing too much spoils the surprise, and I'm sure that's what a lot of people (including myself) are looking forward to the most. I'm sure a lot of progress has been, and is being made, the team just isn't revealing many things.
I beg to differ. My brother and my friends have stopped checking in 2009/2010 because of the lack of updates.

The more that is shown, the bigger the enthusiasm. I bet you can even see it in the amount of forum users after big updates.
Not revealing anything is killing the mod and it's in its last stages.

I just don't feel that mod team(except for new team members and beta testers) is active at all.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Devion i can assure you we are doing everything we can to get a release to happen. But ragarding forum activity. You have to know its been 10 years. So most of the older dev members are married, have jobs and other stuff. Heck masta got married, hars moved to a different country recently not to mention his PHD thesis and so on.

Its the same people, but less time to mingle with the crowd now that they are out of schools and so on. They invest that time into adding stuff, fixing bugs and similar.

But even so the last POTW showed a bug fix. Because 5 minutes before it was taken the lava shader was not working at all. And Ryo just fixed it. But do you see a bug fix as an update? No because its not something you can show in a picture.

But sadly most of the stuff happening right now are bug fixes and small updates while we wait for other sections to get something new done.

But if you want an update with what people are doing i guess that can be arranged.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As long as the mod gets released, people will come back. Because in the end we want to play the game and not just keep hearing updates about it. As for me, I'd rather be surprised one day with a release date and then get to play it soon after. That is all the update I will ever need.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Personally I like the video where someones flying with gohan on cell games. The music, the feeling while flying and the map is so smooth. I just feel good myself just by looking this video. That's what I like most on updates.

Last edited:
G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Devion i can assure you we are doing everything we can to get a release to happen. But ragarding forum activity. You have to know its been 10 years. So most of the older dev members are married, have jobs and other stuff. Heck masta got married, hars moved to a different country recently not to mention his PHD thesis and so on.

Its the same people, but less time to mingle with the crowd now that they are out of schools and so on. They invest that time into adding stuff, fixing bugs and similar.

But even so the last POTW showed a bug fix. Because 5 minutes before it was taken the lava shader was not working at all. And Ryo just fixed it. But do you see a bug fix as an update? No because its not something you can show in a picture.

But sadly most of the stuff happening right now are bug fixes and small updates while we wait for other sections to get something new done.

But if you want an update with what people are doing i guess that can be arranged.
That's my whole point, because they go on in their life, ESF gets a lower priority, which is 100% understandable and logical.

You cant convince me that all that has been done is bug fixes, what have the modellers, mappers etc. been doing? It's been since August with no updates, with 3 updates in the whole year. There seems no real progression since the christmas video release in 2009 :/. The decline in community activity is a result of this, for me, that much is clear.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You cant convince me that all that has been done is bug fixes, what have the modellers, mappers etc. been doing? It's been since August with no updates, with 3 updates in the whole year. There seems no real progression since the christmas video release in 2009 :/. The decline in community activity is a result of this, for me, that much is clear.
Updates you can see, yes. That doesn't mean there aren't updates.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DT is reanimating Trunks, Kama and GG are working on Goku and the maps are constantly changing. even if thats not apparent in the pictures.

The Cell games map from today is different than the cell games from 5 months ago.

Stalwart Assassin
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
As long as this mod is still being developed, I'm happy. Sure it would be nice to see more updates, but my only concern is that it stays alive. However, I think just a small post (even if it lacks pictures) on the main page every so often would show a sign of life to those that don't check the forums and prevent people from forgetting about the amazing work that is being done.

Best answers
even the amazing work wont keep people really here around..........its like u show someone every day something cool without giving it to him.....after a while it just doesnt matter anymore.....when this game was started i was a child........now i am adult.........have to deal with a lot of ****......and i check the forum when i got time and i am bored(bored happens....having time is less)

its cool to the game changing....this has nothing to do anymore with the 1.2.3 version which i was playing...the whole style can keep up with every game on the market...and i say its even better!
give them another 10years;) hopefully my eyes still can see the monitor when this is released:p

just kidding^^ take ya time.....i sure gonna play it when its out.....but like a lot other guys......i fear that this day wont come....so many project with cool story and style and gameplay have been made....over years....and then one day canceled......without any release.....

well since this is the 24th.....marry X-MAS!

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i: on

well since this is the 24th.....marry X-MAS!
Hell yeah, LSSJ is right! Because it's Christmas, we all should remember what count most: L O V E! In this case, just like LSSJ said, let's marry someone (I hopefully my girlfriend)!

... But who's that x-mas guy you where talking about? ;)

ironic: off

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also one thing that should be noted too is that Christmas is on the 25th, not the 24th.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Also one thing that should be noted too is that Christmas is on the 25th, not the 24th.
Depends on where you live. Some celebrate Christmas on the 24th some on the 25th. Doesn't matter. However, I don't think that updates, or news posts on the startpage is necessary. Because we see the devs here on the forums. And that is more than enough to make me believe that they are still here (duh) and with that comes progress.

Best answers
and yes i live in germany in germany....here we celebrate christmas on the evening of the 24th

@mutsu
i think you really drank too much X-mas stuff o:O i never meant LOVE i meant gifts and big food and stuff:p

i also never meant to marry someone o:O if u every get a girlfriend u gonna know what i mean.you really gonna think twice about marry-stuffXD

Last edited:
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Don't you noticed the "IRONIC: ON" at the beginning of my post? ;)

And by the way, I also live in germany, but in Dresden and I never heared before that there is a country in germany which is also called germany?! o_O

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you're mistaking irony with sarcasm. Or you're drunk yourself.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Nope. Ironie, mostly, means the opposite of text. Sarcasm is way harder than irony. So nope, I'm sure it's irony.

Hey hlev, if I remember, you're german, right? If I'm right, pls have a look here: http://julianstahnke.de/journal/der-feine-unterschied

edit.//

I guess it's better we make a cut at this point. Let's go back to topic.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Irony.

You guys should stop playing Skyrim so much, you will end up crashing the economy by doing nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom