Esf final resource usage / optimization

Best answers
Hello, so i've been away for about a year now i wanted to find out what are the teams expectations upon the system requirements on the game, i mean by the time you've done even people in low social class will have a computer running Crysis. I'm asking this because some time ago I've heard that specific features will be limited not to exceed the resource limit of low-end PC's, since the time i've heard it the low-end PC's mentioned are now obviously a history. What are your thoughts on that?

Best answers
Your CPU must support SSE2 to run this game for starters. I a single core of around 2Ghz can handle this game pretty well, with 1gig of ram, and a 8000 series Geforce and you're good to go.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there is no estimations on what you need to run the game only the sse2 part is true

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exactly.

Your CPU must support SSE2 to run this game for starters. I a single core of around 2Ghz can handle this game pretty well, with 1gig of ram, and a 8000 series Geforce and you're good to go.
You should expect them to rise by the time when ESF:Final is released.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's still a limit to what the HL1 engine can require your PC to do.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed, there is a limit to how much you can optimize a severely hacked engine that has been hacked again. So don't expect any performance rates of top quality games (although those can be terrible as well at times) simply because the engine cannot handle all the new graphical features as newer engines can.

Also, I don't know where Sensei-Q got his specifications from. But from what I've heard and seen, this game will not run properly on a 2 Ghz single core processor. 1GB of RAM might just be enough, and saying that you need a 8XXX card is good enough is not true either. A Geforce 8100 for example will have no chance in hell of running this game properly.

If you want to know the final specifications, you will have to stick around and find out for yourself.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NObody knows for sure how well the game is going to run on X hardware. We're still doing a lot of optimizing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom