ESF Files @ HL2files.com

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
A few days ago, i've made a poll at the HL2files website asking if i should add ESF files or not. Most people voted "I'm not a ESF player, so i don't know", but let me get to the point. on HL2files.com, the ESF v.1.2.3 File has been in the top 3 for many months (over 4 months). And has over 150.000 downloads. (155.179 to be exact) so as you can see, Earth Special Forces is rather popular.

For that reason, i made an exception for ESF to add files at HL2files.com, since a lot of people play it. So i'm willing to add files to the website, but i'm considering since there are a lot of ESF files, i am thinking about adding popular ESF custom files (such as models, sprites, etc) to HL2files.

So if you got any files that you want HL2files to mirror for you, please PM me with the information, or email me at [email protected] with the file (plus screenshots of course), and i'll be sure to host it on HL2files alright?, and just for the information. HL2files is rather popular as well, so a lot of ESF players might want to download it :)

-=EDIT:
Besides that point, if you do have any "new addons" for Earth Special Forces, it will be added to the Addon section of ESF. If you don't exactly know what i am talking about, please do check out this page --> ESF Mod Profile, if you look at the bottom, you'll see "Extra Aditions". Under it you will see 2 addons for ESF. Evolution Mod & Break The Limit. Got a character pack?, or a new addon or something related to it. It will be added to the ESF Mod Profile Page.

Thanks, & Many Greets,
Skyrid3r (Site Manager @ HL2files.com)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just curious; But what's the point when you can get it at www.esf-world.com ?

The only thing I'd like to see at HL2files are the really big files so I can DL them faster than 20 kb/s.

Plus I don't go to HL2files because it's damn near impossible for me to find what it is I'm looking for.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Fire Phoenix, what are you exactly looking for at HL2files? And the most reason why i am not taking them from ESF-World is because of two reasons,

1), The Files has a ESF-w Readme which i can't just take away
2), Not all the files on there have a 100% big screenshot.

I'm taking this seriously, and i'm not just going to get some ESF files from ESF-world just to put them on HL2files, so i'm simple asking people at their wish. So i have their permission. This way its more friendly if you know what i mean.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's a very nice gesture, and I'm sure many people appreciate it. :3

However, as has been said by Fire Phoenix, ESF-World.com is the main ESF resource where we get most of our files. It would be great to host some of the larger files on HL2Files, because downloading them from ESF-World at 10 KB max is annoying, but most of the models and stuff are probably going to remain on ESF-World. For the reason that you yourself mentioned: some are ESF-World-only.

Though, it might be possible to turn HL2Files into the second greatest ESF resource, but it would have to host a LOT of files.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu, you have a point on this line you said:
ESF-World.com is the main ESF resource where we get most of our files
But not everyone knows about ESF-World, especially not new players, and many people do check HL2files.com for new files. There for i am willing to upload some / a lot ESF files to HL2files.com. This includes of course small files, packs, and even bigger files, it doesn't really matter to me. If you even see how much ESF v1.2.3 has been downloaded, you know how many people do like the Mod itself. Then think about it how many people that likes the game wants to see ESF files at HL2files.com.

At the moment, there are some ESF files in the ESF Caterogorie, but most of them can be old from the old ESF versions, or the current versions. So it means they are not sorted (yet). I'm planning to remove all the ESF Custom files (not the clients, patches. Only the models, skins, sprites, etc) and then add the new ones perfectly in order.

As said above, ESF is really populair, and because the amouth of downloads of the Mod itself on HL2files.com, i decided to do this. And i'm willing to host any kind of files, so this will include:

--> Custom Files: That means:
- Sprites
- Skins
- Models
- Huds
- Radars
- Etc, Any single new file that changes things in ESF

--> Official ESF files
Like always, i'm also hosting official ESF files, preview movies. Clients, patches and all things related to it.

--> Non-Official ESF related things
I'm also willing to host non-official things. This means files or anything related to it such as Evolutionmod, or any addon (and things) related to ESF. As long it is related to ESF, i'm willing to do it.

Retired
Best answers
sky, if u didn't noticed yet ;) you already host those kind of files ;) i had to add them a while ago..
anyways

good luck

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Max2, yes. I do already host those "official ESF files". But not the custom files, and that kind of things. Atleast, not anymore until now i am doing some changes.

Best answers
ESF-World BLOWS in my opinion. I'm happy HL2files.com is hosting, they have a lot faster downloads, plus no wait time, and no bullcrap.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Draylock, FileFront hosts HL2files.com and is a bigger community. Most likely thats why the faster download, plus no waiting lines.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im happy to get a ESFFiles.com site. Mainly because I want the Australian download link, but also, like you said Skyrider, it is a bigger community. Having 2 download sites won't hurt as if what if ESFFiles goes down or ESF-World goes down?

I was actually smiling when for a few weeks I saw that ESF was in the top 3 xD.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Skyrider said:
Fire Phoenix, what are you exactly looking for at HL2files? And the most reason why i am not taking them from ESF-World is because of two reasons,

1), The Files has a ESF-w Readme which i can't just take away
2), Not all the files on there have a 100% big screenshot.

I'm taking this seriously, and i'm not just going to get some ESF files from ESF-world just to put them on HL2files, so i'm simple asking people at their wish. So i have their permission. This way its more friendly if you know what i mean.
I'm taking this seriously too. I'm looking for whatever it is I'm searching for at HL2files.com. Say I want to DL esf beta 1.2.3 because I know it's faster than esf-w, well finding it is a total *****. I never get what it is I want unless I google for it.

All I'm saying is, sure, host ESF files, but only host the big ones. It's just a lot easier for me to go to esf-world.com find what I want because it's all neat and organized and download it. I download from there if it's under 10 megs. If it isn't I'll look somewhere else. That's all I'm saying. esf-w is convienient (sp?) It's also very easy to navigate. No offense but HL2files is just too-messy for my tastes.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, ESF-word is orginized..... ok nothing more to say about it....

I support hl2 files 100%. I am tired of the slow 20kb/s download. I see that HL2 files is a welcome chagne. Now dont dis it when people are giving us something better. You people are choosing fuctionality over speed. ESF-w makes me wait 16 minutes even though there is no such thing as a "line". It is just some out of the wall uneeded thing. At least Hl2 files downloading system is telling the truth about it. Most of the time though there is no line so I dont worry.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
bapplebo,
Im happy to get a ESFFiles.com site
Perhaps you misunderstood me, there won't be coming a "ESFFiles.com", i said that HL2files.com will host ESF files from now on.

Fire Phoenix,
Say I want to DL esf beta 1.2.3 because I know it's faster than esf-w, well finding it is a total *****. I never get what it is I want unless I google for it.
Honestly, its not so hard to look for files at HL2files.com, if you do check out the LEFT menu on HL2files, you will see "File Browser". From there you can simple download any file for what Half-Life game at wish, its not really hard.

But i am suprised that the Half-Life section itself is removed from the left menu, i'll re-add that later on today & will add a special ESF section under it. And i'm intend to host a lot of ESF files, so everyone will get happy.

KilledWithStyle,
Yes, ESF-word is orginized..... ok nothing more to say about it..
I'll try to organize some things on HL2files.com later on today, as said above. Will add a "Half-Life" & "ESF" section in the Left menu, so people know where to easely find ESF files, including official files, preview movies, Custom files & other ESF related things.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
esf-w | Max2 said:
there is already a esf section >_> wow u knows your own site pretty good
I know there is already a ESF section, but the content is very old. And no new custom files has been added for over a half year. And new catergories has been created at HL2files.com and mostly all files in the main ESF section has been moved to the right catergorie. With other words, i'm almost done here. So the files just needs to be added soon ^_^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KilledWithStyle said:
I support hl2 files 100%. I am tired of the slow 20kb/s download. I see that HL2 files is a welcome chagne. Now dont dis it when people are giving us something better. You people are choosing fuctionality over speed. ESF-w makes me wait 16 minutes even though there is no such thing as a "line". It is just some out of the wall uneeded thing. At least Hl2 files downloading system is telling the truth about it. Most of the time though there is no line so I dont worry.
You only have to wait 14-15 or so minutes if the file is larger than 10 megabytes. You don't have to wait that long for a model, a map, or anything else of that nature, and the speed is 1,000kbps. Like I previously said, if he's willing to host files larger than 10 megabytes. By all means go right ahead. I'm all for it.

And like I said previously:
Fire Phoenix said:
All I'm saying is, sure, host ESF files, but only host the big ones. It's just a lot easier for me to go to esf-world.com find what I want because it's all neat and organized and download it. I download from there if it's under 10 megs. If it isn't I'll look somewhere else.
I say this because any file in ESF-W smaller than 10 megs, you can download at a nice fast rate, and you don't have to wait. Simple as that.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Well, things have changed. I've changed in larging "big files" and or popular files to "mostly all files", and this is what i have so far:

Minor though that the list above is not what you will see on HL2files.com itself, its just the page where i can adjust the things. Its not really complete yet but the most things are added. And i still have to move some files, and remove some catergories to make things perfect :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you can get it down to an even easier way of doing things. For example:
Put sprites as one "folder" if you will, and then when you open up the sprites folder, you then have a list of all the sprites in a sub-catigory of that. So say you want a burning attack sprite it would go like this "Sprites>Burning attack>a list of all the downloadable burning attck sprites that you have"

Does this make sense? I'm at school right now. So if you don't understand it, I can make something quick when I get home from school.

I just like things all need and organized online, so everything leads to you to what you want.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Fire Phoenix, Sprites is already a Catergorie, the sprites under it are the subs of the main Sprite Catergorie :), if you look closely on the picture, you'll see it. I've set almost everything correctly. Mostly all (about 95%) of the Sprite Catergories are added, and all other catergories are made as well. Which means almost everything is ready to go soon ^_^

Best answers
Nice! I'm all for HL2files having esf downloads. I'm tired of small pics, long lines/downloads, and german...0_o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom