ESF "experts" unfair -_-

Best answers
i melee like 90% of the time. noobs, leets and the rest of them, i find melee adds more to the game than just beams. if a noob asks me not to melee him/her id try to... or ofer to give them a crash course in melee and i usualy get a good result, but thats only if the persons willing to listen to me b!tch and complain at them 4 a few moments, but anyways
Meleeing is a geat aspect to the game and should b utilized as much as possible and should not b put down as "JUST 4 LEETS"
i suggest get some bots, start a game putting all the bots vs u and set out to use nothing but melee, dont play online till u can woop at least 3 bots at once, then apply ur still developing skills on real ppl and adapt what u know to what the rest of the world is doing.
Thats about the only thing a noob can do to level the playing field gainst a leet. u prolly wont win but least u can understand what goes into killin some1 with melee

Best answers
They just cant leep up with fast movments... its sad i hate servers that got it banned and not able to use it that people just are freeza doing freezas disc at one another...

Best answers
I melee most the time , have lots of fun with it , but oddly the most fun I had was the day after the release of 1.0 I was on this public server with a few others and we did 1 o 1 tournament , and no one *****ed about anything. It was great fun in the island map.
I don't see the point of fighting bots , never did. Its just fun to go out on servers and learn from fighting real players. And eventually you can teach others. But if someone gangs on me to mutch , beams me all the time with kamehame's from around the corner , during transformation (i'm reaaly sensetive about transformations) ill just keep beating them down. Because they lost my respect...

Btw the (lets call it) 'cs' mentality has come to esf , pure frags no mather how cheap,lame is what counts for lots of people these days .. well frags mean nothing in esf. The only thing that counts is having at least a worthy oponent (best player on serv) for fair 1 o 1 without interuptions. The winner of that is the true winner of the battle.

Best answers
yea bots usually rnt worth fighting but going on the net to train always gets inturupted by some ass that likes to beam spam from across the map. If asked id always teach a newb the basics of melee then tell them to play wit bots 4 a while to get a further feel. and i do this 4 2 reasons

1: as stated b4 in this thred or another, getting trained dosent alow a persont to develop there own skills as quickly as finding them on ur own. and plus if teaches them reflexes cuz bot wont make mistakes like humans will. if they miss a swoop they turn in a blink

2: i like to enjoy the game and teaching some1 4 like 2hrs get daunting specially when u get a lot of server trafic and and a really good player is there and u gots some 1 asking u "howd u do that'

so thats y i suggest bots.
and yes i do have to agree that many ppl play the game with a cs mentality and r not realy there to chalenge any1 and better themself.. ppl should play in an effort to better themselfs. take evry a$$ woopin as a lesson and have fun....... and b willing to learn new things. u might find that melee combos r really fun, i know i do

Best answers
Honestly, I'm pretty sick of people complaining about "interruptions" during fights and attacking during transformations. Really, if you're stupid enough to transform where everyone can see you I'M not going to let you become vastly more powerful. That would make me the stupid one.
As for 1 vs 1 fights, well, there's a server limit. A server with 20 people, is not really going to be conductive to 1 vs 1 fights.

Best answers
well not letting the person is that stupid thing..he becoms more powerful yes but a good player overcomes power levels and by not bein transformed ur pl goes up faster.... and this is not bout interuptions this is bout noobs and if leets r unfair or just good

Best answers
It's like this when I'm am any public.

I -don't- care who's fighting who in the public, eventually they'll die, right? Whenever I'm somewhere, I'm attacking anyone who's in my sight. Whether it's someone hiding, or someone fighting, I honestly don't care. Whenever someone is transforming, my team usually spams the map with beams, preventing them to transform, not my problem. Unless someone I know wants to fight me, I'm not caring about anyone in there. I'm playing my own way, barely looking at what people say and just bash them.

Call it unfair or not, I call it "cut the crap". You shouldn't complain when you get pwned all over the map, live with it and go on. It's nothing new, it's not like your the only one getting pwned. Either you take it as your advantage and try to figure out some counters and become better, or you go here and moan about you getting pwned, guess what's happens in this matter eh?

-Lynx-

Best answers
cheers, once again lynx has said what evey1s thinkin lol.
and i like that "cut the crap" bit
Very SMOOTH :yes:

Best answers
I doubt your the only person havin this problem, i think you'll find that all noobs that are slow asses and have no skill what so eva have the same prob. But to be fair, these so called "experts" are prob just noob cowards that cant take a fair fight so dun worry, im sure one day you'll grow up to be just like them and then some other noob can complain bout the same thing you are now.

Best answers
Oh are these "experts" like that? I doubt that, I really do. Unless you don't know anyone who's good, keep quiet and keep playing noobs. I'm sure anyone could take you on, hence the post.

Best answers
ok man i will train you. i think i can say off my self that i am an expert cause when i get on a server i'll dominate almost everyone (btw. uhm... ik wil niet opscheppen <= on dutch) and here is another tip how to teleport 3 times in 1 sec. | first you go to config.cfg in your esf folder | then you type bind "..." "teleport; teleport; teleport" (on the points you have to type a letter which you want to use to teleport 3 times in 1 sec.) after that save config.cfg | then go to properties of config.cfg, and set it to "only read" | after all this, start esf and go to controls, and then you will have to type the letter you typed on the points (go up in this message) in the alternate fire box of teleport | so now you have for example standing somthing like this : teleport R ... . The R is a sample and the ... are the points (go up in this message). and there you have it, now you can teleport 3 times in 1 sec with ....

Grtzzzz

>>DeMoN<<

Best answers
Binds suck, used to use them in 1.0 where they were of any use, it's a waste of ki in 1.1, stop using them. And who are you? I myself am dutch and I've never seen anyone dominating servers, so speak up little dwarf, where are you hiding? Is it your own server with esfbots or GameCity and such? If your at any of those other servers, let's determine whether your an "expert" or not.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Demon: We do not promote teaching new people how to script their attacks just for the hell of it. Half of this forum, if not well over half, is very much opposed to the idea of using scripts to enhance gameplay. Perhaps a person should simply learn how to press teleport 3 times quickly instead of relying on a machine to do it for them. I don't want this thread to turn into a debate about scripting, so I suggest you delete that comment and instead explain it to people who ask you for it in PMs.

Lynxy: Binds do suck, in my opinion, but you are in no position to judge him as a player when you have never seen him play before. Don't flame people you don't even know about activities you've never seen them take part in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Demon said:
(btw. uhm... ik wil niet opscheppen <= on dutch)
anyone care to translate? lynx ur dutch, what did he say. and also binds do suck... and that one in particular is such a noob bind..... take a look at some of mr satans more complicated binds.

Best answers
lol binds r no way to improve urself lol.. they just make u more crap.... if u want to teleport 3times fast put the key in a easer position and learn to press it as a moments notice

Best answers
Yeah Sonic kinda pointed that out already goku..but as far as teleporting binds go, sometimes they are useless because you end up wasting more energy then you're supposed to and it'll just get you killed. I'd recommend using the default controls and not using scripts.

Best answers
I did not flame anyone, if I would I would've received a warning, no? Oh and Pain, that thing he was saying in dutch was "I don't want to show off or anything", hopefully that'll make some sense. If not, blame his grammar. Binds are handy, but I'm not in any need of them, ever. Used to have them, not anymore, time passed.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually it was a flame, and the reason I didn't give you a warning is because I'm not militant about it, and I'm a bit biased with regards to the promotion of scripts, which devides these forums and causes a lot of issues. Just because you weren't given a warning doesn't mean you didn't do something wrong, and that goes for the rest of you as well.

Now, like I said, get off of scripting and back on topic. Another post about how scripts impair or improve gameplay and you're getting a warning. We've had *enough* threads on the topic already.

Best answers
If you kill people with beams, you're a "Beam Spammer".

If you kill people with melee, you become a "Melee ****".

If you block melee and beams, you become a "Block Whore".

If you teleport too much, you become a "Teleporting ***".

On a serious note, no one cares if you're good or not, if someone thinks they are good, and they are getting beat by someone using any one of the 4 methods above, they automatically become a cheap (Insert term from above here). I tend to see a trend.

Melee people hate beamers.

Beamers hate blockers.

Blockers hate teleporters.

Teleporters hate Meleers.

Think about it.

The only way to shut the complainers up is that you can't. No matter what, if you kill someone, even if it's the only kill you get that game, they will complain. There are some nasty people out on ESF who think they are godly, and are pretty good too. But if they die once, they blame you for hacking, cheating, etc.

My final word: Just keep your mouth shut and kill in the best way that you found works for you. If people talk and complain, keep yoru mouth shut. The most fun is when you are silent and killing them, and they think you hack. Personally, when people say that about me, I think of it as a compliment. I mastered the way of the beam cause I couldn't get melee down, and I hold my own very well against meleers, and it's an even fight. They complain about me beam spamming, I keep my mouth shut and make them think wtf, and I keep playing, and sometimes ending up getting a higher score (and death total) then the meleers. They call me a beam spamming aimbotter, it's hilarious.

Just use what you feel most comfortable with, and go on with life shrugging off those that complain.

~Butter Toast

Best answers
Hell of a point in there, but I'm fine with everyone, whether they're "whores" or not, heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom