• No

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Where are the servers?

Total amount of people playing.

Bye Bye ESF it was a good game. Thanks for the good times.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
It is not really dead. People are more waiting for new updates to keep them entertained :eek:.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if ESF is dead they wouldn't be doing so hard to make ESF 1.3, won't they ;), it is still alive, in coma, but.. still alive

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No offence to the dev-team, but they're not working "hard" to make 1.3. They completely ignored the requests of the player base, making a ridiculously horrible swoop system, and are now focusing on so called "advanced" melee - you might have seen newbies who've never even read the manual use this, claiming everyone who uses basic are the real noobs.

ESF is dead. The amount of dedicated servers will decrease further until merely one or two remain, and then only a select few will still play.

Meanwhile, I'm having a blast playing 1.2.3. : D

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
No offence to the dev-team, but they're not working "hard" to make 1.3. They completely ignored the requests of the player base, making a ridiculously horrible swoop system, and are now focusing on so called "advanced" melee - you might have seen newbies who've never even read the manual use this, claiming everyone who uses basic are the real noobs.
How do you know? You have no idea what the team is doing and or discussed about in the past week(s).. Besides, changes are always possible.. You know that.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is not really dead. People are more waiting for new updates to keep them entertained :eek:.
Ha, if 1.3 updates are the only thing keeping ESF afloat, then it really is dead. People don't seem to understand the people kicking everyone's asses were also the people paying for servers. If you want a server, buy one. Stop relying on the people most of you constantly complain about to do things for you, especially if you're going to complain about how unfair their rules are or how unfair it is that you can't touch or see them. Find 3 or 4 friends, and chip in. It won't kill you to donate to the community every once in a while.

@ Skyrider: Well I do, but since you guys would rather keep everyone from knowing what's going on, I won't bother saying anything other than learn from your damn mistakes. Fixing that one thing that really urked us in 1.3 is nice, but don't expect everyone to praise you for screwing up everything else, including the one thing that made this game tolerable, but is once more public enemy number one because you don't understand your own game.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ahh, if only I could recall the number of times this thread has popped up.

Alpha 1.6 - This mod is dead!
Alpha 1.8 - This mod is Dead!!!!
Beta 1 - I think the only time it didn't happen.
Beta 1.1 - Zomg, this mod is dead!
Beta 1.2 - WTF, no updates, finish the characters! This mod is dead!
Beta 1.2.1 etc, etc, etc.

You will play, or you won't. People will come, or they won't. This mod enjoyed it's height when DBZ was on the air continually. And someone will always be around later on a full point release.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As stated by the team numerous times, 1.3 is the final major release. This time when it dies, it'll stay dead. The team has the power to avoid a train wreck, so why not do so? Why continue doing what they've been doing up to this point? Why did half the playing community leave after 1.2 came out? Why was there a huge influx of people who would play a week or so and then would never return again? Why is the team operating under the assumption that making 1.3 easier for new players will somehow make the game harder for pros? Why wouldn't adding what amounts to a lock-on system make the game easier for old players, and harder for newcomers because the pros have yet another advantage?

Yeah, ESF is as alive as ever. Forget the fact that there are more than 5 but less than 10 servers on a good day. Forget the fact that this forum is a shell of its former self, that there are maybe a dozen or so people who actually frequent the forum. No, that's all nonsense. ESF is doing as great as it ever has, and 1.3 will be the best version ever.

Stop kidding yourselves. Stop hiding information. Stop telling us we don't know what we're talking about and we're overreacting. Tell the public what you intend to do with the game so they can give you feedback and tell you what THEY, the people who actually play the game, want.

I'm a moron. I really am. Even despite being proven right time and time again, and even despite all of the evidence supporting my claims and my observations and opinions, I still can't help but hope you guys turn this around. This isn't just your game, anymore. This game belongs to all of us. We've been here for years, and we're still waiting for what was supposed to be one of the best mods in existence. Who knows? Maybe that time already came to pass with 1.0 and 1.1. Maybe I was wrong to hope the game would continue traveling uphill instead of walking off a cliff.

But even if I am wrong, I'll keep hoping until the game finally self-destructs. If that never happens, I can leave the community with a smile on my face. If it does, I can only walk away wondering what more we could have done to change your minds and fix what you broke.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't say dead, just quiet. I'm expecting the next update to be pretty good as we have a decent team who know what they're doing.

Heck, I play ESF from time to time. The more the merrier but the less the more fun. Once I was the only Mechmod player worldwide at a certain point but did that stop me? Yes...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I second that post (in the event that someone posts before I do, I second the eighth post of this topic).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Strange, I never saw water in Mechmod when I played it.. Probably didn't play it enough. Very little publicity around it, and too many missiles coming at me at the same time. ;(

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still have MM installed XD

And yes teh water is HL2 quality ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
good old mechmod, was fun to work on before it caved in on itself the second most of us dev's got hooked on bloody World of Warcrack when we planned to make the transition to HL2. would be an awesome HL2 mod to work on today if WoW didnt stick its fingers in the pie. Damn you blizzard!

As for ESF, i'd play the next version. but i didnt have steam last time i played, so i will if i can actually dust off a hl1 copy floating around in here. probably propping up a cupboard paired with diablo II, or being a tea coaster like baldurs gate...

Best answers
Ahh, if only I could recall the number of times this thread has popped up.

Alpha 1.6 - This mod is dead!
Alpha 1.8 - This mod is Dead!!!!
Beta 1 - I think the only time it didn't happen.
Beta 1.1 - Zomg, this mod is dead!
Beta 1.2 - WTF, no updates, finish the characters! This mod is dead!
Beta 1.2.1 etc, etc, etc.

You will play, or you won't. People will come, or they won't. This mod enjoyed it's height when DBZ was on the air continually. And someone will always be around later on a full point release.
Yea but has the community ever gotten this small? I remember back when i joined the forums in 2004, this place was booming with threads, people were playing, and i met alot of people.

Now.. its down to only a few dozen active users. Has it ever gotten this unpopular before?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since I've been here, no. Possibly before I got here, but definitely not after.

Best answers
Since I've been here, no. Possibly before I got here, but definitely not after.
Thats what i thought... i think the fan base is so small, and DBZ is so unpopular now that even if 1.3 comes out, it wont bring in more users and fans. Really... i think ESF's time has come and gone. Hopefully i'm wrong.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Heh, dragonball z budokai 3 just has been released a few weeks ago for the PS2 and I bought it yesterday for 50 euros. I could barely get it because every shop has sold it. Luckely, I was able to grab the last copy of the game. Dragonballz is still popular.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really only hear about DBZ after a new game is released. So, that's about once a year. It isn't enjoying nearly as much popularity as it once did. Someone said in one of the threads that part of the reason for ESF's popularity during its heyday was that DBZ was being shown on Cartoon Network and they were still releasing "new" episodes. I agree that him. The people who stuck with ESF didn't really like DBZ in the first place. We were here for the gameplay. That explains why we're the last to go.

And now you're forcing us to leave by further crippling simple melee because you believe it to be the reason for ESF's dwindling community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom