ESF Database

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the Wiki(Wikipedia) thing would be good.
There can also be small example Movies put into the design of it etc... and some good explaination.

www.wikipedia.com

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.fanlango.cq.hk/esf

I got TikiWiki, but I don't know how to use it. I think you guys can submit stuff on it. Not sure though.

Edit: I can't install MediaWiki because it's a server software and I don't have shell access.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We're still doing this, it's just going slowly. I made a quick outline of the site (i made it in like 6 mins so be gentle) which is subject to change

Code:
Site Outline:
I.  ESF Database

-  Homepage
    1.  Introduction paragraph
               a.  What is ESF Database
               b.  Why we're doing what we're doing
                        A.  Will contain link to the ESF Manual
                        B.  Will contain link to ESF Flash by Chakra

2.  Newest articles posted
              a.  Shows newest articles posted

-  Characters
    1.  Character list
              a.  Lists all moves for each character
              b.  Lists speed of each character
              c.  Lists HP for each character
              d.  Lists special techniques for each character
                        A.  IE:  Goku can teleport while charging beam

-  Damage Calculator (NGE's department)
              a.  Shows damage each attack does
                        A.  With and Without Turbo

-  Articles
              a.  This is essentially a portal to every article on the site.  
              b.  Each article would try to teach you a specific aspect of the game
                        A.  Basic Movement
                        B.  Adv. Movement
                        C.  Simple Melee
                        D.  Simple Melee Combos
                        E.  Angle Hits (Will probably be included in Simple Melee article)
                        F.  Adv. Melee
                        G.  Ki Conservation
                        H.  1 v 1's
                        I.  Etc.

-  Forums
You guys get the gist of it. Everything with a ? after it is things i'm unsure about.

Edit: Updated the outline

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok so the site is going to be hosted on hl2files.com when it's done. The domain will be esfdb.hl2files.com

Some writing for the site is finished now and we thought of yet another idea that could go on the site. We're going to record 1 v 1's (It'll be recorded from the players actual screen, not in spec mode) and occasionally stop the fight and explain why one person got hit or why one person did what they did. It should be a good learning tool and if not, it'll atleast be cool.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Ok so the site is going to be hosted on hl2files.com when it's done. The domain will be esfdb.hl2files.com

Some writing for the site is finished now and we thought of yet another idea that could go on the site. We're going to record 1 v 1's (It'll be recorded from the players actual screen, not in spec mode) and occasionally stop the fight and explain why one person got hit or why one person did what they did. It should be a good learning tool and if not, it'll atleast be cool.
That works. My apologies for not making anything and showing you yet, I work all day Monday through Friday, so I only have the weekends to do anything.

Welcome Back Dogma.

And how are we going to record? Fraps is way better than the Half-life recording system, but fraps destroys fps. =/ I don't know any better recording program.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, I don't know if this has been suggested, but I've got an idea.

In the database, you could have short movie clips, or even GIFs, that show you how to do the moves.

..That's assuming you guys are making a list of moves, of course.

Best answers
Guys, here's motivation for you. Hold on to your faces, I'm about to hit y'all with some patented Flawless Logic.

You guys make this database, and fill it up with all sorts of tips and tricks, and I can get better at ESF. I get better at ESF, I can test 1.3 harder. I test 1.3 harder, you get a more awesome 1.3, and possibly even sooner.

Okay, now get on it guys, I'ma holster up my Flawless Logic Guns (patent pending).

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
That works. My apologies for not making anything and showing you yet, I work all day Monday through Friday, so I only have the weekends to do anything.

Welcome Back Dogma.

And how are we going to record? Fraps is way better than the Half-life recording system, but fraps destroys fps. =/ I don't know any better recording program.
You record a demo of yourself playing, then play the demo and record with fraps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom