We just need to make it look pretty.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i want people to do articles so by all means go ahead

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the overall layout and colour scheme is great, I like the articles covered and it does give a really nice insight into esf thus far. I think the content is great, but it does indeed suffer a lack of pretty-ness. I think you really should think about adding more, illustrative-wise, to the entire thing, like pictures of the actual characters in the character section, pictures to illustrate simple melee, advanced, beams, etc since I dont think the majority of the ESF fanbase is turned on by a lot of text.

I'd also consider renaming the "Articles" part, this might be overlooked as its far too vague and doesn't really give an insight into the content, and since thats where you want the majority of the users view, you'll want to be a bit more specific. Something like keeping it as a header and having catergories below, such as simple melee, advanced, swooping, movement, etc, since yet again, the word "article" isn't going to exactly grab your average ESF players attention.

Anyone planning on doing an article on customisation? or the open beta?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not that we know of. If you or someone else would like to, be our guests lol. The Database belongs to the community, and it would be awesome if the community helped make the Database something truly awesome.

Now that most of what was planned is done, we can begin focusing on specific things i.e. more indepth coverage of simple melee, tactics, and what have you.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i agree with you on all those points dave. ill see about adding pics of the characters, but as for diagrams and things of that nature, i personally cant draw and have no photoshop skills at all, i cant even mspaint it.

we were originally going to be making a video of a typical 1 v 1 and editing it to break down the fight in the video itself, explaining why someone just did what they did, why someone got hit, etc., but to be honest, that required a bit too much work / know how for me. with the demos part i tried to essentially get atleast one part of the site that didnt have a huge blurb of text and could teach someone something, but it's a bit hard getting demos that aren't mine. tbh, i'm playing the supreme commander beta right now and the online tutorials sucked. the only thing that got me good at the game was watching demos of other people play it, im hopeing that atleast some people can do the same with this. thats kind of besides the point though

ill see what i can do about the articles

Best answers
I take the Vegeta section really seriously.

http://www.freewebs.com/esfdatabase/characters.htm said:
his kiblast/ renzoku isn't nearly as effective as everyone else's
His right click Ki blasts are stronger than everyone elses??? Though, it's slower. Put that in would yah.

-GuZzie

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I made you a banner.
Althought i don't "love" it. i think its not bad

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The colors don't even match, and you could have atleast put something in there that had to do with DragonBall.

nge

Best answers
Vegeta's right click ki blasts are the same as everyone elses left click. It's all in your mind.

Vegeta is goku with a faster charging, weaker KHH, a worse ki blast, and a less useful trans.

Best answers
Nice job, Sub and Zeonix. If you can get it wrapped together without using Freewebs, I'd be happy to host it on oobies for you. Maybe I'll even setup a mediawiki for you, so that everyone could edit it (to an extent).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegeta's right click ki blasts are the same as everyone elses left click. It's all in your mind.

Vegeta is goku with a faster charging, weaker KHH, a worse ki blast, and a less useful trans.
Actualy the trans is the same.Exept it ocurs later ^^

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The trans is less useful because Vegeta can't teleport around while hurling beams at people. He has to remain stationary for BB and FF, making them less useful during a fight.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice job, Sub and Zeonix. If you can get it wrapped together without using Freewebs, I'd be happy to host it on oobies for you. Maybe I'll even setup a mediawiki for you, so that everyone could edit it (to an extent).
That would be pretty awesome Smith. The freewebs thing was originally only put up as a prototype of the site so we could get all the content together, but atm we don't really have anywhere to host it, it was most likely going to be left there. The only thing about that would be we'd need to get a new layout since the one we're currently using is one of the default ones from freewebs.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*bump*
I'm hoping it's ok to bump this. It's not that old and I didn't want to make a new topic

Smith hosting the site fell through because I suck at using wiki

Anyways, I'm still updating the site and it's starting to not suck as much, albeit still hosted on freewebs

http://www.freewebs.com/esfdatabase/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should probably have character-specific guides in the character or artcle section so that those who want to play as them can read the "combos" of each character. For example, which attacks to use and not use at specific points, ect.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't know what to write for character specific, each character is basically the same.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What about attacks and stuff thats not the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom