ESF comparison thread

Best answers
You don't quite understand do you? I used those examples to clarify what happens in ESF. Now tell me, how much time does that samurai need to be the best of the world? Not 5 minutes, yet the little kid could easily kill him. Humans have flaws, one of them is not being able to do all and knowing all at the same time. You have them, I have them, everybody has them. Then again, if that's not a problem, then why did they alter simple melee?

You keep nagging about tactics and strategy and skill, did I mention I agree? I do, that doesn't mean the game has to be slow, does it. You guys keep saying we're living in the past, yet we're suggesting things that are ment to improve the current situation. We're not saying, bring back AAAALLL of 1.1.. No, we're saying bring back the speed, the thrill which mainly came from simple melee. We don't mind advanced melee, leave it there, we can live with the tele delay (somewhat) yet you keep bringing those up. Yes we'd rather see them going than comming but that's our way of compromising.

A fast game can be as tactical and strategic as a slow game, it's just more exciting to play and I'm pretty sure everyone will agree. Those who aren't prepared to work for something aren't gonna get far in life unless they have someone doing it for them. Life is unfair, I know, just as much as it is for you as it is for me.

I like 1.1, you like 1.2, we're supposed to like 1.3, how do we that? By compromising, I will give away something I like and you will too until we are both happy.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was trying to say, more to the point that 1.2 is harder to master. I agree with you on most things, but im saying that getting hit by newbs isnt because the game is easier now, its because its harder.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought this was not supposed to be a omfg wtf 1.2 is bettah then 1.1 thread or the otherway around.

Keep it on topic people.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.2 <i>has</i> the potential to let players excel, I've seen some damn good 1.2.x players, but at the same time, new players aren't as far behind as they would have been in 1.1. That's the point I was getting at. Apparently you all missed it and interpreted it as "Samurais have to train for 50 years to be good, why should ESF be any different?" Or something like that, I didn't really read your story, since everyone knows Ninjas > Pirates > Samurais.

The problem you "pros" (I use the term loosely, because it's a video game) have is that in 1.1 you were <b>untouchable</b>. You could go 50-0, or 50-5. Now that the playing field has been leveled (not perfectly even mind you, because you guys know you can still own, just not as <b>much</b>) you can go perhaps 50-25, or 50-30, clearly a matter worth crying over, and you feel aggravated because you aren't king **** anymore.

Well, it's something called balance, guess you're going to have to get used to it.

I agree with you completely, except Cyborg Ninjas > Ninjas ~ Magus

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
1.2 <i>has</i> the potential to let players excel, I've seen some damn good 1.2.x players, but at the same time, new players aren't as far behind as they would have been in 1.1. That's the point I was getting at. Apparently you all missed it and interpreted it as "Samurais have to train for 50 years to be good, why should ESF be any different?" Or something like that, I didn't really read your story, since everyone knows Ninjas > Pirates > Samurais.

The problem you "pros" (I use the term loosely, because it's a video game) have is that in 1.1 you were <b>untouchable</b>. You could go 50-0, or 50-5. Now that the playing field has been leveled (not perfectly even mind you, because you guys know you can still own, just not as <b>much</b>) you can go perhaps 50-25, or 50-30, clearly a matter worth crying over, and you feel aggravated because you aren't king **** anymore.

Well, it's something called balance, guess you're going to have to get used to it.
50-25? You can still get a rediculous record of 50 - 5 or whatnot, it's just not as much fun doing so as it was in 1.1 (for me atleast).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That totally depends on who you're playing. Sometimes I own, sometimes I get owned, just in 1.2 I get owned less. Then again, i've had loads more practice on it.

Best answers
ALPHA 1.0 wins. That does it...NO REAL MELEE. All beams...there both parties are happy and no one can *****...no transformations so there are no uneven pl boosts...and buu didn't even have mouthblast yet. Krillins disk was impossible to make and everyone looked like a colorless piccolo minus goku and vegeta.

Best answers
I swear to god, why do you people keep going against us 1.1 lovers? 1.2 has lost basically 75% of its playerbase, they all dont sit on th forums like you 1.2 lovers do. We know what we are talking about, if you would stop countering our posts by taking two hours to quote everything we said and if i had time to do that i probably would, but you are accomplishing nothing. the point is this game right now sucks, hands down. and they are adding just new transformations? they need to go back to the old style where they had MUCH MORE of a fanbase. Maybe take some of the new stuff with them, but its possible to have a fun system with 1.1 implemented in it.

Advanced melee.. whats so advanced about it. Its like a slow ddr that a 5 year old can do.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel said:
They took down the speeds, because otherwise forms like ssj3 would be uncontrollable if every transformation increases speed.
kinda true , the 1.1 evm releases took 1.1 speeds to unbeliable levels that just mae the game a little hard for differ people , i didn't play online at all in 1.1 days (i wish i had , but i bet no noe had won servers operating when i started playying it , nor did i play online even when the steam pack was released)

1.2 is good , thou people with bad ping can't perform their combos properly nor can they dodge the 5-6 hit combos so easily with bad ping

on the 1.2 side , evm has taken away the balance from some points of the games , plus i miss the much loved classic during the 1.2 series , "super teleport puncher" (lol , simlar name to that arcade game in doom3 , super turbo turkey puncher) and in some other points on evm , balance has some what gone to hell

Best answers
Why are you even bringing up EVM. EVM is not ESF. Evm is just a halfassed made mod that tries to do what ESF is promising for 1.3, but besides that point this is called the Esf Comparison thread. Its not the EVM comparison thread.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
meh , just though i masewell share my thoughts on evm , but it really did make balance non existance

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I've seen some damn good 1.2.x players
u did? LOL i would like to see someone that doesn't have to put much effort in beating me in 1.2. Online games are all about getting good at it, if u are good at it in one week of playing the game then the game sucks. if u don't have the time to get good at the game then don't cry for a more noob friendly game, go play something else instead. besides i thought u don't have to be good at the game to have fun, *** the crybabys who can't stand getting owned

Best answers
Amen to that. But, apparently, the owners think otherwise. A game without veterans or professional players is pretty lame. Everyone needs someone to look up to, especially when starting. If you control the game fast, it gets worn out pretty fast and you're out. Oh well...viva la 1.2.

Best answers
I just want to know the downfall to falling back to the basics of the 1.1 melee system. people think it will be the worst thing in the world for some reason. People can type these threads that are 9 years long about how melee in 1.1 is funner, they all prove points and 1.1 always prevails but nothing is being done. Welp.. I dont know what to do anymore.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
especially a game on an old engine... who needs eye candy on an outdated game like halflife 1

Best answers
The people have spoken!!!!.... sort of

To me, only being evil buu gives me the 1.1 feeling but then when I hit someone in mid air and he only moves so far and I remember the horrors 1.2 have brought us.

One thing I don't quite understand...
in 1.0 people complained about the instant block hit thingy and the wish was granted. It was harder (somewhat) in 1.1. Now, in 1.2 simple melee still can't do that, which is good, but advanced melee can. Advanced melee means throwing and that's something which we all hate if it's used constantly by someone, it's similar to the blockwhoring we had in 1.0. Seeing as advanced melee is being tweaked, I assume that's something already being taken care of?

Anyway, I don't really see the problem with an altered version of the current simple melee. Just make the knockbacks longer, faster and use the blocking suggestion some ppl came up with a while ago. Then you just need to set the hit limit to something like 6 (inifite is always better, but wth) and voila, better simple melee.

Now tell me, what's the problem with that?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Carnage said:
The people have spoken!!!!.... sort of

To me, only being evil buu gives me the 1.1 feeling but then when I hit someone in mid air and he only moves so far and I remember the horrors 1.2 have brought us.

One thing I don't quite understand...
in 1.0 people complained about the instant block hit thingy and the wish was granted. It was harder (somewhat) in 1.1. Now, in 1.2 simple melee still can't do that, which is good, but advanced melee can. Advanced melee means throwing and that's something which we all hate if it's used constantly by someone, it's similar to the blockwhoring we had in 1.0. Seeing as advanced melee is being tweaked, I assume that's something already being taken care of?

Anyway, I don't really see the problem with an altered version of the current simple melee. Just make the knockbacks longer, faster and use the blocking suggestion some ppl came up with a while ago. Then you just need to set the hit limit to something like 6 (inifite is always better, but wth) and voila, better simple melee.

Now tell me, what's the problem with that?

If you want more speed, then wait for 1.3. The new transformations will speed everything up big time. If the 1.1 speeds would have been reintroduced to 1.2 and 1.3, forms beyond ssj2 and such would have been uncontrollable in 1.3, even for veterans.

That's the main reason for taking the speed down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom