Esf clans

nge

Best answers
There are MANY NS clans. Used to be a lot more- the community has hit a slump, whereas the dev's started catering more towards the pubber leaving the game more unbalance/less enjoyable to play at high levels, making the long term value of the game decrease too much. It's very difficult to get into at a high level, but it's definatly worth it. Each person on the team has to understand their surroundings and the current situation in relation to their opponent. It's like a game of chess, but player skill matters to the point where a "pawn" could potentially kill a "queen."

Also, the average clanner in NS is, well, mean. This is common because the average pubber is quite arrogant and WILL ban/complain for you being better. There is very little respect among that community anymore, and growing new skill is often put down to the point where they don't want to play. The only example of this being wrong in the recent past was the [FAT] clan, a former pub clan who'd ban for "hacking" (read: skill) who'd decided to get rid of the members like that, work their way towards becoming better, and eventually taking the previous CAL-omega (Lower tier clans) championship.

It's tricky to get into, but usually worth it.

::EDIT:: I'd love to Sub, get a microphone and ventrillo. I'll borrow someone's server and get you into the game.

Best answers
nge said:
There are MANY NS clans. Used to be a lot more- the community has hit a slump, whereas the dev's started catering more towards the pubber leaving the game more unbalance/less enjoyable to play at high levels, making the long term value of the game decrease too much. It's very difficult to get into at a high level, but it's definatly worth it. Each person on the team has to understand their surroundings and the current situation in relation to their opponent. It's like a game of chess, but player skill matters to the point where a "pawn" could potentially kill a "queen."

Also, the average clanner in NS is, well, mean. This is common because the average pubber is quite arrogant and WILL ban/complain for you being better. There is very little respect among that community anymore, and growing new skill is often put down to the point where they don't want to play. The only example of this being wrong in the recent past was the [FAT] clan, a former pub clan who'd ban for "hacking" (read: skill) who'd decided to get rid of the members like that, work their way towards becoming better, and eventually taking the previous CAL-omega (Lower tier clans) championship.

It's tricky to get into, but usually worth it.

::EDIT:: I'd love to Sub, get a microphone and ventrillo. I'll borrow someone's server and get you into the game.
Are you sure, I am seeing the exact opposite in NS, every server I go to I see respectful people that I have a good game with, same with the clan guys. The only problem I have is camping marines and team stacking to marines =/

PS: I love when a noobie commander jumps into the chair and nobody votes him out until 20 minutes in the game they still have lmgs and 1 rt :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was in 1 clan. ~Kai~. In fact, I was the leader of ~Kai~ for almost a year. But...I decided clan life wasn't that much fun for me anymore. So I quit.

Now...I'm a lone wolf in ESF currently known as Happosai.

What a haul! WHAT A HAUL!

nge

Best answers
@Barny- That's just it though. The pub clans such as those build up their own little communities, and if any of the higher level clans try to play there/help them, they scorn those players for playing "lame." The definition of "lame" to such clans is beating them. Spawncamping, for instance, is lame on either side. Top tier play realizes you're delaying units from controling the field by cutting them off at the source. Lower tier play says, "OM GCHEEP!!>" They pretend to be respectful, but the instant you do better than them you're going to get kicked out've there. They refuse to believe that better players exist; this is the first step as to becoming better yourself, however.

Also, the lack of understanding is frustraiting- No matter HOW many times someone or a group of people try to explain the most effective upgrade paths/ weapons or equipment for a situation, they will be ignored in favor of dropping 200 res in turrets in a hive room. They will call proper bunny hopping (A method which increases your top speed to 170% of the running cap) cheating, even though it is left in the game for proper play. They will call you a newbie for saving for fade because you can fade better than them and know you'll help the team win more than 4 uselessly placed OC's and a random gorge, and a lamer for winning that game despite your team because the other team also has no idea what they're doing.

In short, they refuse to learn. They create false rules/plug-ins, and say "ADAPT FGT" when they themselves won't adapt to how the game is designed to be played, but instead as to how they feel it ought to be played.

I could go further and further into this issue- if you want, create an off-topic post and we'll continue it there, along with anyone else who feels like joining in the conversation. I'm posting this as it's a reply, but it doesn't have much to do with the initial intent of this thread.

I'll help anyone who wants it when I can, however- in either ESF or NS.

Best answers
I wouden't mind training in NS :)

im always alien im *ok* with skulk and good with fade but am garbage with onos :( cant they just go into my god damn mouth :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
::{1337}::
It's sought of on and off clan. Might free ride if my clan mates are always inactive.

Best answers
Im clanless and have only been in two clans in the past which were SL and the short lived -]SyN[-. You remember SyN don't you Hybrid? :p

Best answers
Wow, more people who play NS. Sweet jebus! NS.. best mod of ALL TIME (Scept ESF). I am probably one of the better players in that game. (No I am not bragging, I am actually quite the player.) New update is due once their site has been un-hacked. :S

Anyways, I didn't know there were so many clans in ESF.

Best answers
hmm i would have to say cough im in my own clan by myself called ~{ape}~ cough the extra space makes it diffrent then the other one.. :rolleyes:

Best answers
well i am a 100% Free agent *Cough*Clanless*Cough* but thats my choice.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
-=-[*LSSJ*]=[EncorE_SX]-=- 's mine name.

( -=-[*LSSJ*]-=- clan for those who... nevermind... XD )

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's keep this on topic and maybe start an NS thread in Video Game chat? I'd be happy to lecture everyone on it since I've been with NS since 1.0 ;P

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never been a big clan player. I like playing when I want, with new people. I'm sure i'd probably improve my game a little if I played with a clan but I don't really play enough during the week anyway. Clanless.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Currently A.E.| for those of you who.... didn't...know.........

I was also in Kai, SyNw (so you're not a winner), I was in SiN (shame in nothing), I was in, uhh, almost any clan Zeo was in pretty much -.-
-)Z(- is another one
uhh crap I think that's it for now. SyNw was my first clan

And apprently i'm now temporary leader of A.E.| o.0

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Used to be in -)SnS(-

o_o

more or less the clan's *****.. was never too great at ESF :eek:

currently in a clan called.. uh.. [ESF] :O

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah, forgot about that one. I was in -)Sns(- too (which is where i got the -)(- thing for -)Z(- ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom