✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
ya but its still older ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am not for clans at all.

I used to have a clan for many years after I switched from ESF Alpha to DMZ -- It was call [ph34r] (as you can see the crappy website is still up). Anyways, I ended the clan years ago because I began to hate clans. To me they are pointless and just an excuse to brag and argue who is better than who. They are also a contest to see who can have the weirdest characters in their clan tag (Ex. -=-X4Z-=-*CMDR*SSJ12GokuXtReMe5394|LDR|)

Meh :/

nge

Best answers
Dewd In Ћe Newd said:
I am not for clans at all.

I used to have a clan for many years after I switched from ESF Alpha to DMZ -- It was call [ph34r] (as you can see the crappy website is still up). Anyways, I ended the clan years ago because I began to hate clans. To me they are pointless and just an excuse to brag and argue who is better than who. They are also a contest to see who can have the weirdest characters in their clan tag (Ex. -=-X4Z-=-*CMDR*SSJ12GokuXtReMe5394|LDR|)

Meh :/
That's all the stuff a good clan isn't. It's just supposed to be a group of skilled/interested individuals playing as a team to get better as themselves, and with eachother. The best ways to do this are with the clanmates, or via scrims/matches with other clans full of people with the same interest.

Then, of course, come the "clans." You know, The "<{>U$GZSSJ9<}> (LDR) GOKUE1" type things. Those are usually full of people who have no idea how a clan works, and like to think that putting random letters in their name that somehow affiliate them with one another will make them god's gift to the game in terms of skill, any how anyone else is a "lamer ch eater hacker bull**** *** and they're the best evar and are 30x better than you without your lame aimscripts and telelame and they once scored a 1.5:1 ratio in a pub proving how awesome they are." Those are not real. Think major league baseball. Think of the pro's playing in the league, when some team of back-yard baseball players called the "RED SHOES(pwn)" came in and started pretending they're on the same level as the other guys, or at least deserve to be because they're playing the same game.

It's the same concept.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nge said:
That's all the stuff a good clan isn't. It's just supposed to be a group of skilled/interested individuals playing as a team to get better as themselves, and with eachother. The best ways to do this are with the clanmates, or via scrims/matches with other clans full of people with the same interest.

Then, of course, come the "clans." You know, The "<{>U$GZSSJ9<}> (LDR) GOKUE1" type things. Those are usually full of people who have no idea how a clan works, and like to think that putting random letters in their name that somehow affiliate them with one another will make them god's gift to the game in terms of skill, any how anyone else is a "lamer ch eater hacker bull**** *** and they're the best evar and are 30x better than you without your lame aimscripts and telelame and they once scored a 1.5:1 ratio in a pub proving how awesome they are." Those are not real. Think major league baseball. Think of the pro's playing in the league, when some team of back-yard baseball players called the "RED SHOES(pwn)" came in and started pretending they're on the same level as the other guys, or at least deserve to be because they're playing the same game.

It's the same concept.

No matter how 'good' any clan claims to be, I have yet to find one where the individuals were not full of themselves.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dewd In Ћe Newd said:
No matter how 'good' any clan claims to be, I have yet to find one where the individuals were not full of themselves.
If by full of themselves you mean "omg I will pwn u mthrfxr" then I know plenty. the ape clan never said anything like that, and if they did they were joking around with you because you're on a well known basis with them. I most certainly don't, unless of course I'm just ****ing around. Most of the time people who say that, that are pros in a clan as NGE menioned are only messing around.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
If by full of themselves you mean "omg I will pwn u mthrfxr" then I know plenty. the ape clan never said anything like that, and if they did they were joking around with you because you're on a well known basis with them. I most certainly don't, unless of course I'm just ****ing around. Most of the time people who say that, that are pros in a clan as NGE menioned are only messing around.

Not just what people say, also their attiudes. Especially the old Z clan.

nge

Best answers
If they want to be elitist, let them go for it. They have nothing to gain, and an impression to live up to- if they fail, and are still elitest to you, then they look like idiots.

If someone who is better thinks they're better, once again, I ask you- so what. People are like this in and out of clans. If I had a prejudice against EVERYONE who wasn't in a clan or amongst the clan scene, I would hate every pubber. Quite a few of them are good people, some have respectible skill, and are fun to play with. I will get annoyed if they make arrogant comments towards me, much the same way I'd get annoyed if anyone made an arrogant comment towards me.

Many clan players are friendly people. I hardly find it fair to assume that all clan players are *******s. Many won't even talk unless prompted to in an unfriendly manner- Sometimes, people don't feel like talking. It's not being cold if they won't respond, it's them not in the mood to chat, just to play.

I can name several individuals who aren't full of themselves, but don't confuse "full of themselves" with "tired of the typical player." Most hostile clanners are only hostile because of them being treated in a poor manner for a long period of time.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used to be ina clan called [NC], we were a pretty big and active clan, there are still a few of our maps on esf-world I think.
We lasted a few months before the leader and co-leader went on to form a new clan, that lasted a couple weeks....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ShIsHi0 said:
Im clanless and have only been in two clans in the past which were SL and the short lived -]SyN[-. You remember SyN don't you Hybrid? :p
Haha I remember those days Zabs :p

Best answers
Though not SA from what most remember i had a clan SA known as the Shuffle alliance that lost back in the day and i got rid of it

Kai for i think a week

-)Z(- - kicked out by zeonix and fire

.:|Zen|:. Current

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Currently in Zen

Clans worth mentioning that I used to be in
-]IoD[-
SL
-)Z(-
~{ape}~ (For.. about a day o_o)
Arent those a little old ;)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Some people think my "FF" tag on my name is a clan (FF|Skyrider), while FF simple means FileFront. And i rather not really make it into a clan, since the FF tags may only be used when you are a staff at FileFront. Besides that point, i see a lot of clans are dying. And all the old clans sometimes gets revived. But dies afterwards, and honestly i'd rather stay solo. Its much better :)

Best answers
Yugi_Yami said:
Muji and S2k >_>

o_O
w00t :p

ocrana was my first clan then I went into muji and now I'm in core - G| (stands for core gaming)

and I don't understand why this forum does not support clan advertising, hence why there dying (I'm guessing anyway) but I also guess theres a good damn reason for it so just asking

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Clans are dieing because ESF is a small game and there isn't much to do. It has nothing to do with not allowing advertisements on this forum.

Anyway, there was a clanlist on the offical site before it changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom