ESF-Bot Alpha - Questions & Bugs

Best answers
Originally posted by Shingyboy
yea bots seem to transform wen they av PL and wen i kill them usually they come back instantly with Transformation without transforming but maybe i should look at em more and see if they transform but it does look like they come out already transformed
actually i restate that they seem to tranform preety fast and i do see the sound and everything at times i guess im trying 2 kill 2 many bots at the time i just dont notice maybe i dont know either this is rite or the other one stated up there

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i do see the sound
?? ;/ ??

Ok... anyway, if I understand correctly, the problem is that you see the transformation effects on a corpse, right? I think I had a similar bug in a multiplayer game:
When playing as Krillin, I was getting owned by 2 people at the same time, so my corpse was on the ground. Then I respawned and started charging a Destructo Disc. Then one of those 2 guys said: "look he's charging a Destructo Disc"... problem is that they were nowhere near me :shocked: , they told me that they saw the Destructo Disc at the location of my corpse o_o .

So I think that this is just one bug in the ESF code.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
last night i was playing with a few bots and the formed this square and started staring at each other like morons and then the vegeta bot comes and ffs the middle and kills them all but the weird stare downs are a problem and all they do is shoot kiblobs when they are staring at eachother

edit: oh yeah and they stalk you right in front of you and it sucks they melee cheat by utilizing the 2 foot bug and stand an inch away and fire a kame and kill you both

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL
Yeah thats true, It looks funny as hell...
When they gather around and just stare at each other, rofl.
It looks like their having a conversation w/ each other or planning
out a strategy to defeat you. And yeah i've been knocked down numerous amount of times by melee but its nothing, they barely
use it anyway. The bots are pretty good for an " Alpha ". Good job

Also, I dont get neither of those errors your gettting Antoine.
And Blade, yeah I sometimes try and kill someone when their
transforming, and when I do. the dead body is gone but you see
that aura still there w/ the noise of them going SSJ/Perfect

Best answers
uhh when a goku bot was transforming he was flying around the map real fast i unno wtf that was + one time i kicked all the bots and remade them and they all didnt move and looked ****ed up at one point

Best answers
Originally posted by (V)ajin Goku
i just unzipped esf into my dlls folder wat do i do after that
My god ffs read the readme included once u done the dlls u bloody goto ur esf directory and then u go into ur liblist.gam file open with readme and change the part with hl.dll take the 2 // of the esfbot.dll inside it and replace the // with the hl.dll OK!?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol wait shingy, you gotta be more specific...

place ESF-Bot.dll in dlls folder.
Then open up your liblist.gam w/ notepad, liblist.gam is in your
ESF folder. There is a certain field that says...

game dll "dlls\hl.dll"

remove the hl.dll part and type in ESF-Bot.dll
then exit + save and thats it, to add a bot go to console and
type " Addbot " with out the quotes

Best answers
Good Job on Bots!

Few bugs

On lavapit map, bots just walk off and fall into teh lava and stadn tehre and die.

On cell day i had 3 other bots in the arena, and they all just stood their lined up, one started to charge, i blastred and killed another(other 2 survived blast, and one stayed there standing. I think thats what it was. Well hope this helps

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i was having a problem with an error on your cd key is already in use and so i had a lil experiment hers what happened:

ok i started a game and added a bunch of bots and my friend joined the game through lan and he got that error, and i kicked the bots and he could get in and we did it the other way around and that means the bots are the culprits
any idea on this one blade?

Best answers
Ok, i played against 4 bots, about 15 minutes, gained pl 3mil, transformed...Now i wanna play against weaker bots.I kick all, add another 4 bots and what do i see: The scouter shows the name of the bot, model "NONE" and the weak pl. They also just stand around, but the scouter bug is wierd...
Anyway, the bot is not so bad, it's still an alpha...Good job Blade...

Best answers
I find the bot works best when played in the 'cellday' map and in 'free-fight' mode

Mog

Best answers
wow blade, your bots rule...and its only an alpha!
i only got 80 ping with 31 bots and no crashing at all, great job :)

anyway, heres some of the bugs ive noticed:
1. if you remove bots then try to add more, the newly added bots dont move, show wrong class readout on scouter and have 1/10th pl that they are s'posed to have.
2. sometimes bots aggresively attacked the ground i was standing on previously even though id moved far away. i only noticed vegeta bots doing it.
3. frieza/cell bots cant form frieza disks
4. i think i saw a donut go super saiyan!! :D

for people which have problems kicking bots, try using quotes around bots names... eg. kick "[bot]goku"
or do what i do.....type status in console, look for the name of the bot you wanna kick, look to the right of the name and you'll see a number which is the bot's userid...
now type "kick #x" (x being the userid of the bot, and you need to put the '#')

Best answers
I find the bot works best when played in the 'cellday' map and in 'free-fight' mode
if u did not notice cellday is the smallest map which makes it good for crap comps
and the bots do not know whos on their team thats why deathmatch is the only way u can play them in if u dont want ur own team blasting u

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I know wuts up with the bots standing still alot and barely
doing anything.. I think its because of botskill 4-5... They dont do
better @ a high skill level. I guess its only logical because this bot
is on Alpha. Other than that, When I set bots to skills of 2-3
(2 is default I know that) they seem to move around more and
barely stand still. In maps like esf_island its hard as hell to find
them too.

Best answers
Does the bot need to use waypoints?
no one else asked but im assuming that everyone uses the official esf maps so probaly coded to av waypoints im just thinking about custom maps

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont think waypoints are necessary, I also play w/ the bots on unofficial maps. Like Swiss Cheese maps

Best answers
if u did not notice cellday is the smallest map which makes it good for crap comps
and the bots do not know whos on their team thats why deathmatch is the only way u can play them in if u dont want ur own team blasting u
Yes, your very smart, but some people are not. But I don't know where you get off saying that dmz cell is the smallest map. Have you ever played geo arena?

Best answers
First of all its esf_cell_day not dmz we are not talking about dmz...
seccondly u av a point about geo arena it is preety small but i fink cell_day still is smaller or beta for comps which are absolutly outragous like mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom