ESF Beta Half-Life Mod

Best answers
I Have Half-Life and it works perfectly.
I Have Steam andt works perfectly.
I Have ESF and it does not work perfectly.

When i try to open it nothing opens. I tried running as admin and nothing opens. i launch it with steam and nothing open.
But if i open Half-Life it opens.
i cant play ESF, but i want to.
any ideas?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Its all about validation my friend then you can recive support ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reason being for the Validation is because this community only gives support to those who have actually bought the game and not just pirated it from some site. It is one of the biggest rules around here.

Sonic The Hedgehog
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Wish i could help you but you know the rules (rules are rules) like the others said above me you have to validate that you own a legal copy of HL1.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Guys maybe this guy just got Deathmatch version of HL :p
I know its rules (yea yea... rules are rules)
Is it hard to say "you need original Half Life" and after that "if you have one make a validation before we can help you with other things"?
P.S. if i made wrong with rules sorry then :p

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its like we have a new tool to poke fun of and intimidate new players with, I have yet to see a post about the verification that didnt come across as 'ZOMG HE DID SOMETHING WRONG, AND I AM CLEARLY SUPERIOR TO HIM, WE SHOULD TOTALLY PASSIVELY IMPLY THE GUY IS A MORON", I havent seen a single "polite", "sincere" post about it. (I am not speaking of the forum staff, they are quiet about the issue most cases)

I fail to see how it is our responsibilty to ensure they are using a legal copy of the game, we didnt create half life.

for that matter we didnt create DBZ either, why does it fall down to us to verify anything before helping when we ourselves are using un-authorized content. If Steam had a function that forced people to verify their content was legitimate, ESF would be in a very different place.

that being said, I dont have a problem with the system itself, its the delivery that needs work.

a simple sticky in any support section that says to verify your steam account before getting official support would do fine, we dont need an army of 10 year olds jumping down peoples throats on every small issue, it tends to scare new people away.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just explained about it. Hope it wasn't taken the wrong way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its like we have a new tool to poke fun of and intimidate new players with, I have yet to see a post about the verification that didnt come across as 'ZOMG HE DID SOMETHING WRONG, AND I AM CLEARLY SUPERIOR TO HIM, WE SHOULD TOTALLY PASSIVELY IMPLY THE GUY IS A MORON", I havent seen a single "polite", "sincere" post about it. (I am not speaking of the forum staff, they are quiet about the issue most cases)

I fail to see how it is our responsibilty to ensure they are using a legal copy of the game, we didnt create half life.

for that matter we didnt create DBZ either, why does it fall down to us to verify anything before helping when we ourselves are using un-authorized content. If Steam had a function that forced people to verify their content was legitimate, ESF would be in a very different place.

that being said, I dont have a problem with the system itself, its the delivery that needs work.

a simple sticky in any support section that says to verify your steam account before getting official support would do fine, we dont need an army of 10 year olds jumping down peoples throats on every small issue, it tends to scare new people away.
My thoughts exactly when i saw this earlier today.

I'd help him right now regardless of if he is validated or not, but I have no idea what would be causing his problem. I mean really normal members that are telling him, who the hell really cares. I even see a 4 poster telling him about validating like it really ment anything in the past.

Validating is ment for the developers wheather or not THEY will give them "official" help. Means nothing to all you regulars to mention it. Your kissassery isn't going unnoticed but will give you nothing special. I've seen it happening for years and its a big pet peeve of mine...

Also, this isn't directed to anyone in specific, I speak in general.

Your best bet mufcjohn, reinstall everything from scratch.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How do you open ESF? are you double clicking ESF IN steam? eg. Going to the game listing and trying to open it there?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
That's already planned Nuttzy :).

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
guys... validations is... gone?!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about a redirection link from the post new thread button in the help forum to go along with it.

And a warning (real or friendly) to anyone who pokes round the please validate stick after the first person. Or in this threads case everyone but hlev.

Best answers
After Nuttzy's post people suddenly started to provide help instead of doing the usual (d*ckriding) and asking for validation. lol

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After Nuttzy's post people suddenly started to provide help instead of doing the usual (d*ckriding) and asking for validation. lol
I never asked someone for validation (check my post history if you will) I've stated my thoughts on it before in other threads so i'll not repeat myself here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom