ESF Availability

Best answers
Is ESF available on Mac's because HL1 isn't. However I have HL2 but I know that it doesn't work with HL2. :( Any advice? Aside from buying a new comp lol.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To play ESF you will need Half Life 1 + mod support for it.

So im afraid because of that Linux (aside from servers) and Mac systems fall out. That is unless Valve decides to do something about that. Though thats very improbable.

Best answers
That sucks something fierce... Makes me long for my shitty own windows beater laptop. Played ESF since 2003/4. Damn this actually really made me sad.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
How good is your Mac? I used to have a boot camp partition on my macbook white, early 2009 edition with duo core, 2 gb ram and a 9400m gpu. I dual booted with Win 7 and it worked flawlessly. I just hope your Mac has better specs than mine, because ESF will be taxing on the system.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
try with a virtual windows, maybe that would do the trick.

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
try with a virtual windows, maybe that would do the trick.
With 3D acceleration? Not so much, I'm afraid. While the experience has improved astronomically as of late, it's still not possible to play a game like ESF in a virtual machine. Boot camp is the way to go.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
With 3D acceleration? Not so much, I'm afraid. While the experience has improved astronomically as of late, it's still not possible to play a game like ESF in a virtual machine. Boot camp is the way to go.
i tried it once, in computer class, while i set up a Virtual Computer, you just need alot of RAM, then it should run, but not as fast as the Original version. And i'm not sure, if it works with a Mac, i tried it on a Windows Xp machine with 2GB ram, and it lagged really badly.. but if you have more ram than that it should be "playable" :D

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It's really not a RAM problem. It's a feature problem. ESF 1.2.3 or even the Beta aren't even remotely comparable to the current dev version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom