ESF - Android 18

New Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2002
Messages
461
Best answers
0
To be perfectly honest the skin is "technically" quite good, the likeness to 18 is questionable. Frankly I much prefer android 18 with a jacket & skirt over her pants, mainly cos this just gives alot more for the skinner to do. Large blocks of material are very difficult to work worth, if the poly limit will allow addition of these is another matter all together. The lower half (Legs, Socks, Belt) has alot more contrasted colours which is making it look out of place, and the texture for jean needs some work, though its not helped by the fact the blue material needs less saturation atleast. It just looks like you put more effort into some parts than others masta.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Sep 8, 2002
Messages
2,278
Best answers
0
Raven Blade said:
To be perfectly honest the skin is "technically" quite good, the likeness to 18 is questionable. Frankly I much prefer android 18 with a jacket & skirt over her pants, mainly cos this just gives alot more for the skinner to do. Large blocks of material are very difficult to work worth, if the poly limit will allow addition of these is another matter all together. The lower half (Legs, Socks, Belt) has alot more contrasted colours which is making it look out of place, and the texture for jean needs some work, though its not helped by the fact the blue material needs less saturation atleast. It just looks like you put more effort into some parts than others masta.

Ah yeah, the skirt over the pants look is my favorite too, however, like you said, I doubt it would help with meeting the poly limit.

Also, yes, I agree, the model/skin are very nice but not accurate enough to Android 18
 
New Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
1
Best answers
0
Overall, a good model, I think. Especially given that you guys don't have much experience with female characters.

Model-wise, I have to agree about the forehead thing. While I know 18 has a big forehead in the show....Jesus. She's almost like one of the characters from "Coneheads." Except not bald, thankfully. *shudder*

Speaking of hair, it's really not too bad if the forehead is fixed, though the part is on the wrong side and should be behind her ear, but those nitpicks are easily fixed. However, I also think its a little too round on top, like she has a wig on top of a football helmet or something...

Her torso is a bit off like others have said, but not so horribly, and you did say you'd do some tweaking.

I don't care much for the feet, but I could probably say the same for the other models.

Not to be hateful, but the hands were just lazy.

As for the absense of the jacket... If there's only a 1500 poly limit, then it obviously can't go in.

As for the texture, most of the issues have already been thoroughly done to death.

I would like to go along with the guy that said her face is too snarly, though. That's just a matter of doing a little work on the eyebrows. I don't mind the lipstick for some reason, and if you wanna use artistic license in that respect, have at it. It could do with some lightening, though. Just a thought.

I could fix a lot of the complaints myself as I have a decent background in model tweaking, but I can't do much better with the chest or torso. Or feet. I can't even DRAW feet, much less render them... I could do some texture tweaking for the face, but I only have MSPaint...so it'll take some time. If the original artists don't mind, I can try my hand at working some of this stuff out and save you the work and henpecking. Just send me a PM or something.
 
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Sep 20, 2003
Messages
3,211
Best answers
0
Mr. Satan said:
This isn't about "OMG! Give her HUGE TITS AND A NICE ASS! AND MAKE HER NUDE TOO!!!111!shift!!11eleven!!111"

It's about accuracy to what the character looks like in the series.
It was a joke ⌐.⌐ calm down
 
New Member
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
930
Best answers
0
I agree with Raven Blade and Mr.Satan, I would prefer the RR jacket and skirt model of her. It may be even easyer to do, for example the texture covering the legs is manly black.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jul 9, 2003
Messages
1,388
Best answers
0
whats with the "gotta make skin so dam real" thing, its going to a freakin game, not a portfolio... its all just fine. this isnt Doom3 dont need to worry about texture so much these are based of anime characters. Since when did you see fibers in their clothes?

PS. Change lips!
 
New Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2002
Messages
461
Best answers
0
Honestly some are being a bit harsh, it isnt THAT bad in terms of what needs to be done to fix it. To be perfectly honest, I'd suggest a remodel, and a skin from scratch, the model is aukward to skin and the skin dosnt do much to compliment the model. The realistic style is just how masta skins, it may not have worked out so well this time, but hey nobody is perfect!.
 
New Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2004
Messages
7
Best answers
0
one thing i dont like about that skin is that the color of her socks...i mean shes an android anyways and orange doesnt go with a fighting chick....thats just not right...i think they should be black
 
New Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2004
Messages
234
Best answers
0
Take off the lipstick she looks too much like a slut and she doesnt even have lipstick too

<img src="http://www.saiyanultimate.com/android183.jpg">
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 15, 2002
Messages
2,675
Best answers
0
no lip definitions plus no lipstick, thinner eyebrows, eyelashes also with darker parts around the eyes, it shoudl look better =)

 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
1,392
Best answers
0
imkongkong said:
no lip definitions plus no lipstick, thinner eyebrows, eyelashes also with darker parts around the eyes, it shoudl look better =)

To be honest, even though those edits were done quickly in a paint program, it looks 100x more attractive than what it REALLY is! I think after looking at it now, the things that are the ugliest about her are the lips and the lack of eyelashes.

Take advise from the MS paint people...simple is always better. NOW GET RID OF THE LIPSTICK! >.<
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jul 9, 2003
Messages
1,388
Best answers
0
THats what i said! the lips is what was making most of the problem. Eye lashes and lips to a line then boom, its perfect, no changing of model is needed, at least for the head.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
1,392
Best answers
0
RavenTrunks said:
THats what i said! the lips is what was making most of the problem. Eye lashes and lips to a line then boom, its perfect, no changing of model is needed, at least for the head.
yeah...you're right. Just reskinning the face like that would be enough of an improvement. Though some modeling changes COULD be made...the face skinning is really the biggest eyesore.
 
New Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2002
Messages
201
Best answers
0
This is an ESF Model?
DISSAPOINTED
I agree with pretty much everyone, those LIPS have to go. Boobs are too big, hair comes behind the ear on the other side. The eyes seem too close together, it looks too much like vegeta. Sadly, those quick edits logan did make it look sooo much better. The hair seems too, big and boofy.

Lastly it would look way better if she was wearing the RR vest, or even the black vest with the pearls, this outfit doesn't look too good
 
New Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2004
Messages
373
Best answers
0
Mr. Satan said:
This isn't about "OMG! Give her HUGE TITS AND A NICE ASS! AND MAKE HER NUDE TOO!!!111!shift!!11eleven!!111"

It's about accuracy to what the character looks like in the series.
umm....why not :D ???(yeah i understand wath u want 2 say)

But i think it's kinda hard doing a female model...cuz even when I try 2 draw a women I can't make it perfect.......well.....were not all perfect
Ant no the lips are good...better than a line....but the lips shouldn't have a "lipstick effect"
 
King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
1,675
Best answers
0
When you're actually playing the game, who will possibly be looking at her lips? I can understand most of the rest seeing as how its big and noticeable (the breasts and hair for example.) Even the ear ring colour will hardly be noticed and whether or not she has little lines on the side of her eyes to signify eyelashes I severely doubt anyone will actually be able to see those in the first place.
I agree the model needs tweaking but no need to nitpick at the tiny little imperfections that are practically unnoticeable in-game. Change the obvious stuff first, then if you feel like it make the small bits look better.
 
The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Sep 29, 2002
Messages
4,803
Best answers
0
I don't know if #18 has an ascension, but if she has, people will be looking at her from the front view. Saying you don't see the ront view that often is just.. lame. If you want model accuracy, then do it the right way, not half.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 15, 2002
Messages
2,675
Best answers
0
Rocky87 said:
When you're actually playing the game, who will possibly be looking at her lips? I can understand most of the rest seeing as how its big and noticeable (the breasts and hair for example.) Even the ear ring colour will hardly be noticed and whether or not she has little lines on the side of her eyes to signify eyelashes I severely doubt anyone will actually be able to see those in the first place.
I agree the model needs tweaking but no need to nitpick at the tiny little imperfections that are practically unnoticeable in-game. Change the obvious stuff first, then if you feel like it make the small bits look better.

everything is fine imo, just those lips and the hair behind the ear. and you do notice stuff in game, advance melee, when you walk up to someone, those lips aren't that inconspicuous, those are easily seen..

well i owuldn't be disappointed if 18 wasn't modified i mean if you really would want to change something, then do it yourself, right? a lot of ppl did model edits and stuff like that, a lot of the esf community is made up of model editors :shocked: obviously, just don't post up your edits if they say not to do it
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jun 8, 2004
Messages
5,216
Best answers
0
#18 doesn't have an ascension unless the team feel like making one up.

About imkongkong's edit, I think it looks better like that with the eyelashes but the mouth shouldn't be droopy at the sides, I think a lowpoly , slightly curved line would be best. The forehead size is fine it just needs to mould into the hair better.

And Ultimate Trunks thanks for posting the same ref pic as me :rolleyes:

[EDIT: Changed the mouth and earring, and made the lines around the eyes a little thicker as the Androids do, in Paint.]

 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top