ESF and DMZ moves

Best answers
I know that ESF and DMZ are to be close about. But both of them differ from each other. (I shouldn't have said that.) You guys have it your way. That's whyy I'm making a poll for using special moves. Do you guys like it better to use as weapons or do a combo to use like in the SNES, Genesis, and Playstation styles?

Best answers
Id like using them with a simple pres on the button like in esf and so.

Best answers
i believe that the developers made executing the special moves,
simple press because esf is really a fast pace game which attracts not only 12yr but adults aswell.

Being a fan of dbz at the age of 4 as far as i can remember i dont want to read sites as to how to execute some of the attacks shown in the show, i just want to scroll through the list of attacks and left click. hehe, might take the fun off but at least everyone starts at same level with no advantage over the player.

Best answers
not only the gameplay its faster and better for noobs, but i must say......DMZ sucks a lot!!!
being a big dragonball fan, i downloaded it too....what a crappy game, graphics, gameplay , everything. Fall damage.....ok, one thing would be if you fell from a REALLY high distance, but in DMZ its almost a jump distance........ki blast are like grenades......the movement of the models r annoying.......everybody with goku voice? come on!......AND on top of all...i must do key combinations to execute attacks???? in a keyboard???? a gamepad is a different story......the ONLY thing i can say i liked more than ESF is the graphic when u recharge ur ki....but its just a minor detail.

so...in short.....ESF rules! DMZ sucks!

Best answers
oops, sorry, i didn't know about that. I wont do it again. And yes, he's right, they're both different games.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i say it depends on what you want. DMZ's streetfighter type attacks make it easier for those with better finger control to win rather than charge the beam. if you think about it, DMZ's method to the attacks seems to make them a little less spammable.

ESF allows for faster paced action, but allows people to beam spam(if there is such a thing)

Like i said, depends on what kind of gameplay you are looking for, but who knows, DMZ 1.8 is expected to come out within the next year and that patch may change this whole perspective...

Best answers
Isn't this poll kinda biased, its like going into an appel convention and asking which they like better apples or oranges:D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o_O *takes out eyes and glues them to this thread*

now this threads got 2 mods on it.. so watch out..

Best answers
but allows people to beam spam
it's not that dmz's combo system prevents beam spam.

dmz in it's current version (1.7 that is) is basically centered around beams. so u can't say beams are spammable. the game is beams (it's like saying spamming guns in CS!!). BUT .. the hyper-punch however is spammable (at least in my pov) when u get close to a person u would want to do normal kick-punches. and in the show they only hyper-punch after they get control of the fight. and in dmz, once u get hyper-punched, ur gone. (so basically u can win a fight almost too easy)

well .. and in ESF the game is cenered around melee, so u can't say melee is spammable. however, beams are spammable. because u can kill three ppl almost too easy (well not always .. but anyway .. that's what basically happenes)

anyway .. on topic: no i don't like dmz's combos.. it makes the game centered around beams, which is IMHO is not that much of a dbz. however, i'm still waiting and hoping for a better next beta versions .. with Oni-like melee system and hopefully a mod centered around melee.

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
HELLO!

Youve just been SMACKED DOWN!

I know the creator of this thread wasnt aware that comparison threads werent the done thing around here when he/she posted, but please dont think thats MY problem to deal with.

Please come again :devgrin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom