ESF add-on coding!

IN

Best answers
Hello!

I'm learning MetaMOD coding and so on... And I thought I could write small ESF MOD. But I have some problems like I know the KI messages ("PowerLevel", found in 2.0 source), but how can I set up KI in server side?

InternetNightmare

Real programmer never gives up!

Best answers
I doubt you'll get a true answer to this request. Its already been mentioned uncountable times that there's no way to edit starting power level without the knowledge of the esf team or course the material to do so. There are also no known metamod plugins for amxmod or adminmod.

You're message sounds like you are out to get a quick pl increase for EVM instead of "making a mod" with metamod. You have 7 posts here at esf forums since you joined this month, so I don't think you've even got much experience with ESF. Who knows, maybe your an ESF veteran from Alpha days and just NOW decided to sign up.

Either way, this thread sounds like another excuse to manipulate PL for EVM. I've seen about 3 or 4 of them today. All the noobs are jumping on board.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IN said:
Hello!

I'm learning MetaMOD coding and so on... And I thought I could write small ESF MOD. But I have some problems like I know the KI messages ("PowerLevel", found in 2.0 source), but how can I set up KI in server side?
Well you've got a small problem there. You are talking about the 'PowerLevel' message (I'm guessing this is a server to client message sent, I don't know since I haven't seen the Alpha source) - and this is a part of a very old and obsolete ESF sourcecode pack. And you want to write a small mod, using MetaMOD coding (through entities, etc.)... which is based on the current newer beta 1.1 version. You can't mix and match the two. If you change the alpha 2.0 source and compile it, you'll get the old ESF Alpha's dll's. And I'm sure you don't want to make a mod out of the old alpha version...

So I would forget about what I see in the alpha source code, and stick to whatever is needed with your MetaMOD coding.

IN said:
but how can I set up KI in server side?
Eh? o_O I have no idea how you plan to setup a variable server side with MetaMOD coding - although it would be very easy to do with the Alpha source. But like I said above, you can't mix the two.

Ultimate 17 said:
You have 7 posts here at esf forums since you joined this month, so I don't think you've even got much experience with ESF. Who knows, maybe your an ESF veteran from Alpha days and just NOW decided to sign up.

Either way, this thread sounds like another excuse to manipulate PL for EVM. I've seen about 3 or 4 of them today. All the noobs are jumping on board.
You are in no position to comment about how experienced someone is with ESF based on their post count. People who call others 'noobs' tend to be the biggest noobs themselves. Please refrain from posting in a possibly aggressive and/or offensive manner, and just incase you decide to post back just to justify yourself - don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom