ESF -- abuse

Best answers
I love the ESF mod and the ideas behind it, I think it has a lot of potential, and can it can be a lot of fun. However, the fun is easily and quickly ruined by abuse. Constant charge abuse (charging into you with knee, constantly) beam spamming, etc. I've come across a lot of newbs that abuse, such as x.violent or thytomi, and it is quite horrible to let these newbs who only know one trick to dominate the game, and furthermore to let them think they are good because all they do is abuse. This abuse must stop, I thoroughly enjoy the game, but this abuse can totally ruin it.

Best answers
the team cant do anything about this..i mean they cant control what people do its thier own choice to spam and that means all you have to do is just find away around it :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What do you expect anyone here to do?
That's part of the game, you have to deal with it.
The fact that you included their names and insulted them makes it sound like they just got done handing you your backside, so you decided to come here and complain.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats true evry tactic has its weakness
i met a guy who was beamspaming whit BB all i did was block it and he didnt even see it comming +1 point for me :laff:
if theyre spaming whit beams try to teleport away and then twards the spamer that normaly gets them ;)

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or tele through the head of the beam or disk that allways shocks the when youre right in front of them and there still helplessl controling a beam/ball

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People, stop thinking that the double knockback is a bug or some kind of abuse of the melee system. It's specifically designed that way. It isn't a trick, and it requires as much "skill" to pull off as anything else in ESF. As for beam spam, there are already suggestions as for how to "fix" the spam problem, and you can feel free to post your own suggestions there as well.

Best answers
u just mentioned whjat it involves in playing the game............if u dont beam......or dont melee.........wat the hell are u supposed to do. It sounds like, and IS, coz i have no doubt, that u are really crap and got the **** beaten out of you by everone and called them noob for using melee and beams.

Best answers
SPIDER-BITE - I tend to 100% agree with you...

when I saw this guy double thread this in suggestion too I had the exact same thing in my mind that I wanted to tell him

I'll finish it off with the best fitting line for that situation ever:

finishing off lines said:
owned said:
hey stop beaming me!!! you lil noob spammer
owner said:
owned said:
hey stop that you lil noob, what do you think ur doing? dont melee me like that
owner said:
OK (-.-')

owned said:
wa? wHAT??? why are you doing it?? its against the server's rules you lil ****
owner said:
I can teach you the comboes if you want...
owned said:
/owner figures out yet another way to attack the owned
owner said:
dont say anything, I know what you mean... I always gets into that situation and I just wish to say to the other dude -
"HEY!!! WHAT TO THE FREAGGEN FRAGGING **** ARE YOU DOING?? STOP PLAYING ESF!!
YOU ARE BEATING MEH!!! THIS ISNT SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN!!! STOP PLAYING ESF!!!!
DONT ATTACK ME!! ITS NOT FAIR DONT YOU KNOW THAT??
"
actually - noes lol }P-)
lol J/K

Best answers
LMAO!@ RoshkoMasta

I was playing yesterday ESF against some noob, he was beating me to.
But then i played the same tricks on him, and he didn't like it, then he did fight like normal, and then i beated his ass.
then he left.hehe :fight:

Best answers
Lol, you're one of those beam spammers eh? Well it gets ruined because you don't know how to melee. Honestly, you can't melee like use who've been around since 1.0 or 1.1, you're screwed. Learn how to do that, the game will not be ruined.

People dont take kindly to beam n00bs so they pound you even more,, and you are the n00b my friend if you cant defend against it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is great fun, seriously its always the same, you call the person a noob cuz he does something you dont like, in this case,..WINNING

someone becomes a noob cuz they're beating you?,... think about that,

its not abuse, its technique, they can play how they want to play,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Atlantis said:
Lol, you're one of those beam spammers eh? Well it gets ruined because you don't know how to melee. Honestly, you can't melee like use who've been around since 1.0 or 1.1, you're screwed. Learn how to do that, the game will not be ruined.

People dont take kindly to beam n00bs so they pound you even more,, and you are the n00b my friend if you cant defend against it.
IMO, if it's in the game you can use it. Simple as that. :]

Best answers
If someone does something different and starts "spamming" beams. Then exploit his weaknesses. Realize he's gonna be low on ki, and that all you have to do is dodge his beam and pummel him to the ground.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and beam spamers mormaly arnt very good at evading blocked beams normaly they all act the same pres the fly button and charge another beam so you just shoot a bit loer and you hit them whit ther own beam
(that makes them mad tho and you become ther prime tagret but its fun :laff: )

Best answers
See but being a pro in both (Beams AND Meele) will almost asure ur victory and NO ONE can complain erm...i know 2 people off the top of my head who are VERY good at meele/beams.....Kami Sama And Hybrid....only 2 people I am familiar with o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh. ESF's system of fighting overall is unfortunately flawed. No, not flawed in a normal, balance-related way, or any other normal game issue. It's flawed in the sense that it can be used in ways that are agitating and frustrating for players. Players of EVERY level have an annoyance in the game. Players of low levels hate the absurd smackdowns and repeated helpless beating they receive at the hands of pros, and pros hate that one idiot in the corner of the level can kill five of them with a beam.

Inherently, the FEEL of the game is flawed. Not the game itself, but the feel. ESF makes it way too easy to become aggravated. Personally, I think nothing short of making every move in the game get weaker as you repeat it consecutively will stop that. Seems to be the only idea that'll fix EVERYONE's complaints.

Best answers
Yeah i agree with SaiyanPrideXIX on that weaker idea.

If its DB-DBZ based, have you ever seen Goku-Vegeta Anyone use FF, Kamehameha, Big Bang etc 10 times in a row without loosing any power?

But i remember that Sonic said in 1.3 the beam spamming problem will be delt with so..

Best answers
good point vegeta and atlantis what did you meant when you said the others cant melee like the people who played in 1.1 what the melle system better ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom