ESF - 300k Downloads! Congratulations!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Congratulations to Earth's Special Forces. On HL2Files.com, Earth's Special Forces has been in Top 20 most downloads every week (Almost #1 every week) for over 8 months, and now has over 300.000 downloads!!

Best answers
yeah, almost everytime I check on hl2files, esf is in the top5, usually 1#

well meh, gratz

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a confession to make guys.

I have 5 computers at my house. On every one of the computers I have at least 10 downloads of ESF going every second of the day in an attempt to get ESF to 1 million downloads. Sad, but true. It's all me. Now you know.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats great news.

Sadly i dont see nearly as many people playing this thing :S

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mr. Zorg said:
Hah, that's awesome.
You're awsome :eek:

Go esf? Congrats team, you're doing something right. :yes:

I will admit though, I have contributed to like...5 downoads. So I know it's not 300k different people, wish it was though.

Best answers
There's a good reason why there's so few people who play: People don't adjust for skill levels with new players. Some guy joins, and just starts beating the crap out of new players, using telemelee, 6-hit exploits, row combos, etc.

I love how people like to say, "Well that's how you learn to compete against them."

Sure, if you have a solid foundation of the game, and you can fight moderately well. But if you're a new player, then all this does is prevent you from even learning the game, and frustrates you til you uninstall it.

That's why games like Natural Selection have a bigger player base.

Best answers
YESSS EARTHS SPECIAL FORCES FTW!!! Mmmm,The popularity is growing iin Australia.Our Server is full every now and then and everything is fine.Of coarse you have people who quit the game due to 1337 ppl bashing the tard out of em all,but sometimes you have to think outside of the fighting XD and put more fun.

For example- PTGN.com.au-Australia [ Home Server ]

We hold a Martial Arts Tournament every week :) its sooo fun the server is packed and full.But for those noobs who can't play thers other games such as Disease Tag.Maybe you guys havnt heard about this.But this event takes place on the same Saturday Night and we play it before the Tourn.

Theres 2 team Good and Evil obv. You have 13 people in good 1 in evil.The objective is for the Evil guy to kill all of the good people XD.Once a "Good" teamate has died he joins evil and continues the pursuit.So its reallllyyy fun XD

We hold many more events its supperr duperr fun XD Tahts what makes people return to play ESF.You have to make ESF fun sometimes,for those who need it.

-GuZzie

Discord Member
Best answers
IMagine the download count when 1.3 is released ;)
Anyways congratulation ESF team
You deserve it............so do we guys wich downloaded the game 300 000 times
WE WANT PIE!!!!! WE WANT PIE!!!! lol xD

Best answers
shadowcast said:
IMagine the download count when 1.3 is released ;)
Anyways congratulation ESF team
You deserve it............so do we guys wich downloaded the game 300 000 times
WE WANT PIE!!!!! WE WANT PIE!!!! lol xD
It'll be its own download for 1.3, so, it'll be reset back to 0 before people start downloading.

Best answers
Doubtful. There's not 300,000 members to the forums, and how many of those downloads are re-downloads? You can't judge things by the number of downloads, only the number of unique downloads, which they don't provide.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Gongrats esf team!!
I wish this game NEVER dies..
Keep going !!!
.Guzzie. said:
YESSS EARTHS SPECIAL FORCES FTW!!! Mmmm,The popularity is growing iin Australia.Our Server is full every now and then and everything is fine.Of coarse you have people who quit the game due to 1337 ppl bashing the tard out of em all,but sometimes you have to think outside of the fighting XD and put more fun.
Trust me skilled ppl don't waste they time vs newbs.. or exploiting..

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sandstorm said:
There's a good reason why there's so few people who play: People don't adjust for skill levels with new players. Some guy joins, and just starts beating the crap out of new players, using telemelee, 6-hit exploits, row combos, etc.
European servers (atleast the big ones) permaban anyone who does that. I have admin on a few. Its in the rules and i ban without warning for that :devgrin:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
grega, that's kind of you....I really just wish they'd stop picking on newbs...if only someone could open up a training server where they have 24/7 watch, that will never happen though, but in 1.3 it might be better with the in game tutorial greag thought up.

Best answers
The problem with the idea of a training server with 24/7 watch is, there's no way you could get people to make sure the server is supervised, unless you'd pay them to do so...

Sure, people volunteer at first, because they're excited at being a moderator, but then they lose interest, and it feels like a chore. I myself can only stand a couple of hours tops of ESF.

I run a game server (I tend to change the game every few weeks) myself, but I feel that, the only way one could be sure that there's a moderator (or even a person playing) is when I myself am on it. People don't like bots (I myself browse a server's player list before joining), and the more bots on a server, the less chance people want to join. Likewise, the less people on a server, the less people want to join. On some games it's because the bots are capable of accomplishing feats and tasks humans can't, but in ESF it's just because they suck so much, and do nothing but ramble on unless the admin has the decency to disable the voices.

AND THAT is why a training server is hard to manage, and why a supervised server is so difficult to accomplish.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
donnierisk said:
grega, that's kind of you....I really just wish they'd stop picking on newbs...if only someone could open up a training server where they have 24/7 watch, that will never happen though, but in 1.3 it might be better with the in game tutorial greag thought up.
we have the corona Noob Server now, you can only join when your rank in the esf-w player ranking system is below skilled.
Its good for the newbs I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom