ESF 2.4???

Best answers
uncover bunker said:
but i am the one who publish the thread XD
u should appreciate the genius like me lol

i'd say 2.4 is probably possible!! let me explain, the new version must be in next generation!! which means second version!! than 1.2 is the version for present u use to play, so 1.2 times 2 would be 2.4. so that's possible!!
you're an idiot.

Anyway if your team breaks up, and you will not be updating the mod anymore, can you like give the source code to some other talented people so they can keep making it.
It makes me sad when I see that HL Rally is over, and mech bots too.
So please if somehting happens, give the source code to someone talented, don't be a hog.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FilipNY said:
you're an idiot.

Anyway if your team breaks up, and you will not be updating the mod anymore, can you like give the source code to some other talented people so they can keep making it.
So please if somehting happens, give the source code to someone talented, don't be a hog.
I'm sure with an attitude like that they will gladly hand over the source code.

The ESF team can do what they want with ESF, if they decide that ESF will die with 1.3 without any continuance from someone else then that's their decision. There are tons of mods out there based on Dragon Ball Z, most of which are very similiar to ESF (since Dragon Ball Z is heavily focused around fighting).

uncover bunker said:
but i am the one who publish the thread XD
u should appreciate the genius like me lol

i'd say 2.4 is probably possible!! let me explain, the new version must be in next generation!! which means second version!! than 1.2 is the version for present u use to play, so 1.2 times 2 would be 2.4. so that's possible!!
The only way 2.4 would be possible is if the team decided to do a version 2.4 which they are not.

Besides, where did you get the 2 that you multiplied 1.2 by?

ESF always went by one's (as far as I know): ESF Beta 1.0, ESF Beta 1.1, ESF Beta 1.2, and ESF Beta 1.3 (I didn't forget the Alpha versions, I just don't know the version numbers).

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
FilipNY said:
you're an idiot.

So please if something happens, give the source code to someone talented, don't be a hog.
If you think that the team would easily give out the Source Code when ESF dies and or stops at a certain version, then you are wrong. You have no idea how much effort and free time the team has put in to create this great modification. I remember a team member saying that if they would "give" away the source code, they would merely make it with DB, DBGT, and etc.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Next generation? You mean second generation?

I don't think that 1.3 would be considered a "next generation" game, depending on what you mean by "next generation".

Best answers
MC said:
Next generation? You mean second generation?

I don't think that 1.3 would be considered a "next generation" game, depending on what you mean by "next generation".
making episode 2(or season 2)? that makes sense....

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Heres from what I know: Version numbering did not always go by ones, only one version had a different number in front and that was Alpha 2.0. Beta 1.0 was originally going to be called Alpha 3.0 (a known fact) but decided to turn it into a beta. I may have not posted long but I do know things of what occurred (I used to just read the forums years ago).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You forgot Alpha 1.5 Alpha 1.6 Alpha 1.7 Alpha 1.8 Alpha 1.9 ^^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FilipNY said:
you're an idiot.

If they don't release the source code then third party addons will probably continue with adding things (i'd imagine).

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Anyone remember some old Alpha 2.0 source code I think someone released (for experimentation, which it might've been Harsens or whoever it was)?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Still I cant see a reason why not to release ESF source when they decide to stop working on it.
Ofcourse the team had put alot of effort in making them game,
and we ALL thank them (If not then you suck).
But whats wrong with letting ESF stay longer than 1.3
as long as the ESF - team credits would stay in the game
I think its fine to give the code away..

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nothing is wrong with releasing the source code, just that I doubt the team would do that (I could be wrong). Besides, once 1.3 is released, there is practically nothing left to be added.

FF|Skyrider said:
If you think that the team would easily give out the Source Code when ESF dies and or stops at a certain version, then you are wrong. You have no idea how much effort and free time the team has put in to create this great modification. I remember a team member saying that if they would "give" away the source code, they would merely make it with DB, DBGT, and etc.
That is more likely to happen if the code is released, that people would just add Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball GT content. The reason why that's bad is that the team has specifically stated that they will never add Dragon Ball GT or movie characters. I don't doubt that either way they would want Dragon Ball GT or movie characters in their mod.

Besides, why would you want to release the source code right after 1.3 is released? That would destroy the whole purpose of 1.3.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They could release ESF 1.1 and ESF 1.2 source then ^^.
Like they did with the Alpha.:]

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They can do whatever they wish, I have no idea what they plan on doing, I'm just saying that I doubt the team would want to release the source code at all, but I could be wrong. After all the work they've done on the Beta version of ESF, I seriously doubt they would just release it to the public, but like I said previously, I could be wrong.

Most mod teams don't release their source code, much like how most game companies don't release their source code to their games either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom