Esf 1.3 .dll error and crashing

Best answers
Got steam, have ran half life once, all drivers are up to date etc etc, yet I'm getting the queer-ass "your .dll does not match the clients" error when trying to connect to a server and when I try to create, the music shuts off and nothing happens, then if I try again, it crashed to desktop, dunno if there's anything you guys can do to help, but feel free to suggest anything?

Also, I uninstalled 1.2.3 a while ago, do you know if 1.3 is dependant on it being installed or not? I'm reinstalling 1.2.3 and seeing what happens with 1.3 anyway though...

Cheers.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
v1.2.x & v1.3 should be separated. Don't puth them in to one folder. If you get a "your *.dll does not match the clients", then you did something wrong. try re-downloading the open beta, and extract it to your half-life folder.

Best answers
I know that, but do you need 1.2.3 installed for 1.3 to work? Because my 1.3 sure ain't workin.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
No, you don't need v1.2.x to play the Open Beta.

Best answers
hmm...in that case do you have any idea what the problem may be?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Reinstall? :eek:, also possible you use the leaked version? I'm not sure.

Best answers
No, downloaded it off of the link on esforces.com today, something's fishy here...:p I'll try a reinstall

Best answers
Just curious; is this crash occurring when you try to start an "offline" game? or is it happening when you launch ESF altogether?

If it is when offline game, make sure "lan game" is ticked when starting a server.

If happens when launching ESF altogether, are you launching it from a shortcut or from Steam?

For me it does not always launch from shortcut.

Best answers
It wasn't working no matter what, but a fresh install of steam, half life and esf 1.2.3 (not sure if that has any effect but no matter) and then 1.3 got it working just fine. I never posted a reply because I forgot about the topic, but yeah, if you have that problem, reinstall the whole lot and it works, at least it did for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom