ESF 1.3 Default View Suggestions

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Here is a default config that i think would be pretty cool.

Mouse Sensitivity: 6

Type these 4 commands in console:
Cam_zoffset 0
Cam_idealdist 100
Cam_yoffset 5
Cam_xoffset 10

With this view the character will move around on the screen as you turn the mouse.

If anyone has any other default view suggestions of their own plz post

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
correct me if im wrong but... doesnt the characters move/turn when you move the mouse already?

Best answers
All this would do is give the game a Tenkaichi Budokai feel.
I still like the current defaults better.

Best answers
lol..

Esf is already heading down the Sparking Neo road, I personally prefer Esf.. Sparking Neo has a clumsy movement system, and a tedious fighting engine.

A camera like this would require a lock-on system, which would be the worst thing to happen to esf...again.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think they sould limit the cam_ideadist sould be limited to 200 max or 150

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I like it. It definitely gives a better feel to the game, at least for me. Although I think cam_idealdist 80 would be better. But that's my opinion. Overall, good idea, Jinx.

Best answers
The cam_idealdist command doesnt hurt anyone, I personally play at 150.

Its not like switching to it gives the person a magical advantage, it involves a little getting used to.

And the futher out you get, the harder it is to actually play.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The further you go out, the more you see. If you go out too far, you start to become worse. There's a magic sweetspot in the middle somewhere. I personally just hold down K until it stops

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Thx dan =)

Maybe instead of that view. The team could keep the current default view but add something new to it..

Maybe when a person is turning left the camera behind the characters moves to the right and turns left to give the gamer a better sense of the speed he/she is moving at. (visaversa for turning right).

I was thinking it would be cool for up and down too, but that had me thinking "what if players could fly in circles by looking up and tilting back o_O it would change the gameplay quite abit =O:smile:

But i think it would be cool still, if the camera behind the charcter moved down and looked up as the player looked up.(visaversa for looking down)

This would also help the players that like to play zoomed in so they can see their character/environment better ect

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Thx dan =)

Maybe instead of that view. The team could keep the current default view but add something new to it..

Maybe when a person is turning left the camera behind the characters moves to the right and turns left to give the gamer a better sense of the speed he/she is moving at. (visaversa for turning right).

I was thinking it would be cool for up and down too, but that had me thinking "what if players could fly in circles by looking up and tilting back o_O it would change the gameplay quite abit =O:smile:

But i think it would be cool still, if the camera behind the charcter moved down and looked up as the player looked up.(visaversa for looking down)

This would also help the players that like to play zoomed in so they can see their character/environment better ect
EDIT_______________________________________________________
WOW Dan_esf_fantastic cam_idealdist 80 instead of 100 is sooo much better xD im gonna ply esf 1.3 like this from now on =) gonna try it out on 1.2 too

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Video View

WOW i found the perfect settings ^^ much better then the one i previously had.

I think these settings will make a great default because the view GUIDES you into the hit. It's like.. you turn for the hit and if you miss you can tell why.. and you can see/feel if you didn't turn enough or how your supposed to be facing when you hit someone in complex angles ect..

anyway =) ive gotta small vid thats uploading to show off the view. It'll be done soon ^^. Oh and ill post the settings with the vid.. sorry for the tad bit of suckiness>_< blame game cam -.-+ it stole my fps.

EDIT::::::::
sryz for the double post x-x

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
triple post! call in the calvary!

im trying to mess around to get first person view being able to see the model's hands and feet =x

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Ok here is the vid tease =p

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4VTAOD0Z

And here are the settings i use instead of my original settings

cam_idealdist 80
cam_zoffset 0
cam_xoffset 18
cam_yoffset 20

<3 sooo much ^^

EDIT:::::::::::::::::::::::::

Oh and the sensitivity i was using was 9 believe it or not ^^

In the vid i had a hard time getting used to the bad fps x_X gamecam was eating it all up =|

Force Pit Member
Best answers
looks pretty nice, can't wait till animations are finished though so goku's dashing looks better.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
although it looks cool i just dont think its really THAT practical for fighting

like i said on the server in most cases the players use their model as a point of reference in predicting distances between characters (the main tactic for using tele-hits). the new view eliminates that.

but it does look cool. i just hope if it gets in that its made as an option rather than the default.

Normal View

DBZ view

those would be your options

Force Pit Member
Best answers
although it looks cool i just dont think its really THAT practical for fighting

like i said on the server in most cases the players use their model as a point of reference in predicting distances between characters (the main tactic for using tele-hits). the new view eliminates that.

but it does look cool. i just hope if it gets in that its made as an option rather than the default.

Normal View

DBZ view

those would be your options
I like those options, so new players dont have to manually type in the number commands, makes things easier.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just add it in the f4 button along with 1st pov. it would be a POV button

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well =) i think the new view should still be the default view for 1.3 o_o

But i think the 1.2's view should be renamed to the "Classic View" and their could also be the "First Person" view. And, to switch views players could pres f1,f2, or f3 as shown in the menu that pops up when you join a game =o.

Today i also did alil training with someone in this new view =O believe it or not he's already givin me a very hard time try and take him down. The guy's name is Athaneius or something like that.

This gave me the idea to make a 1.3 tutorial when it's finished =O. Also how about a 1.3 Training Course xD.

Mostly during the training i gave him i told him to follow me, and if he couldn't keep up, he follow the trail i left behind. After he got good at following me, in this new view i had him follow me while i was boosting. Doing loops spins diz dagz you name it :eek:.

So i was thinking for an ESF 1.3 Training course. The newcomer would automaticly be gohan, and the bot teaching him would be piccolo. The player would be told to follow the bot as he loops an spins an stuff, and the better he can stay on the bots trail the higher points the player scores which could determine the level of skill.

Also as a reaction speed + block skill booster =O there could be a point in the course where gohan is forced to stand still, and piccolo randomly teleports in 5 points around gohan. And the newcomer's(gohan) objective would be to block the ki blast that is shot by piccolo. Piccolo's firing rate would start slow then pick up speed, and the teleporting points could be above/below/around gohan.

Best answers
sounds sweet jinx however i think it's really hard to program that stuff :p

Best answers
I think the camera suggestion you came up with is horrible.

Just go and buy Sparking Neo and enjoy it.

It has a lock on system, annoying camera and a tedious fighting engine.

All the things you seem to be pushing for in 1.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom