ESF 1.3 Countdown?

Best answers
When the release of 1.3 comes near(1 or 2 weeks or so) are you going to have a countdown to hype up gamers for 1.3...or just suddendy pop the release on us 1 day?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For most (all?) of their previous releases, they gave atleast 2 weeks notice. I would think 1.3 would be the same.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Could you change the title of the thread so it has a question mark rather than an exclaimation mark? I'm sure alot of people might get overly excited opening the thread.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, we will give advanced notice when we are sure it's going to be released. I'd say a few weeks is plenty.

Note that I am not giving a release date at this time. Do not come back in two weeks complaining that "someone said it was going to be out".

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A few weeks... to prepare for IRC parteh?

\o\
/o/

Best answers
Pain said:
Yes, we will give advanced notice when we are sure it's going to be released. I'd say a few weeks is plenty.

Note that I am not giving a release date at this time. Do not come back in two weeks complaining that "someone said it was going to be out".
"Note that I am not giving a release date at this time." How about try never, you guys shouldnt even anounced there was going to be a 1.3 until you were at least 80 percent done, but your probably not even at 80 percent :/ >.< Its been well over a year.

Best answers
Ready2GoXtr said:
"Note that I am not giving a release date at this time." How about try never, you guys shouldnt even anounced there was going to be a 1.3 until you were at least 80 percent done, but your probably not even at 80 percent :/ >.< Its been well over a year.
That's because it's going to be a whole lot better than 1.2 not like budokai and budokai 2 when the only thing new is one saga and crappy board mode.:S

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[ET]Vegeta said:
so ia 1.3 going to be a lot better then 1.2.3 or what
What, are you high? 1.3 is to be the greatest mod evar, of all time, in all the universe.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ready2GoXtr said:
you guys shouldnt even anounced there was going to be a 1.3 until you were at least 80 percent done, but your probably not even at 80 percent :/ >.< Its been well over a year.
If we didn't say there wasn't going to be a new version a few things would happen.

1) We'd get flooded with posts bashing us for "not including all the transformations" and other such things that are not in the current version.

2) People would assume we're dead since, according to you, we shouldn't make any news updates untill we're almost done. People thinking we're dead is generally bad for the mod, as opposed to having a steady stream of news and updates.

3) Since people wouldn't know there's a new version, the people would not pay for Force Pit access, and people with access already would essentially be wasting their money.

So I don't know. I think you might be wrong. Just maybe.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ready2GoXtr said:
"I think you might be wrong. Just Maybe." Just maybe you guys should put a little more effort into 1.3. Just maybe your a tool of the esf team. Just maybe you will release 1.3 soon... NOT.
A lot of these guys have a job, a lot of these guys have school. 1.3 is not a full time job. Maybe you should be a little more appreciative.

With the summer approaching, you will see an increase in 1.3 production, maybe. I'm sure the team also wants to spend their time off with their friends. This is a hobby, it'll be done when its done and not a day sooner.

Ready2GoXtr said:
Maybe Im wrong, maybe im not. But people who are developing 1.3 are LAZY. 1 1/2 Years is absurd. I place a challenge to you developers. Get off your asses and get the 1.3 Done
I have a challenge for you. Go find a team, develop a mod, find a dedicated group of beta testers to get together every sunday and crack out bugs, report them to the dev team to fix them, go through alphas, betas, and eventually a finished product. Then come back, and tell the dev team to get off their asses.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ready2GoXtr said:
----------------

1) So I guess its better than people wondering what the hell your doing with the update, or even if it is going to happen. Or maybe they are just wondering why the hell you dont get off your asses and get to work. Over a year and a half is crap. And if you havent noticed... you guys are not what keeps esf going, the players of esf is what keeps esf going.

2) You call giving the public some little video once a month an update?

3) If you guys didnt tell us there was going to be a 1.3, there wouldnt be a need for 1.3.

Maybe Im wrong, maybe im not. But people who are developing 1.3 are LAZY. 1 1/2 Years is absurd. I place a challenge to you developers. Get off your asses and get the 1.3 Done, before the end of this month. I bet percentage wize you guys arent even at 60 percent probably. But probably it wont be near finished for another 6 months. Then we just get to wait another 6 months just for you guys to finish the last 6 percent of it. And in releasing the moment we have all been waiting for, 2 1/2 years, Its probably going to be basicaly the same as 1.2.3 except different animations, and attacks... etc. Good Job ESF Team. And dont give me the BS about you guys having lives too. This isnt just some little weekend activity. It is a PROJECT. Yet you guys dont seem to treat it very seriously.

"I think you might be wrong. Just Maybe." Just maybe you guys should put a little more effort into 1.3. Just maybe your a tool of the esf team. Just maybe you will release 1.3 soon... NOT.
Sounds like you never worked on a mod yourself. I know I have and it takes alot of time. So before you go and spew out BS without any knowledge of what the hell you are talking about, do some research, take the time to make a decent mod and then come back and post.

Oh and another thing, if people like you keep posting about "why doesn't the team just finish 1.3. This is bull****! This isn't some weekend activity, this is a project!" The team most likely will just stop doing 1.3 all together and just quit. It makes them feel like that they are doing something just for the peoples demands and not getting any graditude back. Its this kinda attitude that ruins the fun for everyone, community and team wise. Seriously, don't come back to these boards if this is how you are going to be acting. No one wants this around, EVER!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ready2GoXtr said:
----------------

1) So I guess its better than people wondering what the hell your doing with the update, or even if it is going to happen. Or maybe they are just wondering why the hell you dont get off your asses and get to work. Over a year and a half is crap. And if you havent noticed... you guys are not what keeps esf going, the players of esf is what keeps esf going.

2) You call giving the public some little video once a month an update?

3) If you guys didnt tell us there was going to be a 1.3, there wouldnt be a need for 1.3.

Maybe Im wrong, maybe im not. But people who are developing 1.3 are LAZY. 1 1/2 Years is absurd. I bet percentage wize you guys arent even at 60 percent probably. But probably it wont be near finished for another 6 months. Then we just get to wait another 6 months just for you guys to finish the last 6 percent of it. And in releasing the moment we have all been waiting for, 2 1/2 years, Its probably going to be basicaly the same as 1.2.3 except different animations, and attacks... etc. Good Job ESF Team.

I don't really care if I get a warning for this, but..

**** you.

The Team works on ESF in their spare time. They have no obligation towards us to finish it. They're making it FOR us - some of the Team members have already gone as far as to say that 1.3 might be the last version, and that working on ESF has made them severely dislike Dragon Ball Z - so don't you give me that bull**** about them having to work on it faster just to please pathetic whiners like you.

If you think you know how to make a mod so well, why don't you get off your lazy ass and do something productive, hm?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How dare you compare ESF to EVM.

EVM is an unbalanced piece of **** that only 12 year old DBZ freaks get a kick out of. Everyone's beaming the **** out of eachother, spamming the server with ridiculously overpowered attacks. Yeah, that's a fun game.

You obviously don't like waiting, and instead feel compelled to disrespect the team that's worked so hard on ESF already, pushed the Half-Life engine far beyond its limits.

It would be better for us all if you left and never returned.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, lets make some things clear to you:

1) If you release a version (in this case 1.2.3) then start working on the next version, and don't let anything hear from you untill you are almost done (which can take about a year or longer), do you really think you will still have all your fans? No I don't think so.

2) The team has LIVES, they don't have to put effort in making this mod, just because you want them to. Be glad they are still working on it.

3)It is not a couple of added features and animations, it is the largest release up to date. Totally new models, animations, melee system, characters, transformations, sprites, you name it, they've done it.

4) Why can't ESF do what EVM did? Well basicly...ESF is trying to make a good, balanced game, unlike EVM. They are really not lazy. And once again, WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU WANT! It's the team's choice what to do. You can't call this new release 1.2.4 (reasons stated above).

Don't like it? Get the **** of these forums now!

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First things first:

Having a new version of ESF is not a God-granted right of this community. If you're unsatisfied with the time it's taking to completely work through the melee system, transformations (and buddy system), new sprites, animations (of which each model requires dozens), new models, new maps (that's right - 1.3 is going to be quite the overhaul; that kind of knowledge is available to anyone who'd "get up off of their ass" to read the design documents that are posted), while trying to balance in a university-level education, including summer courses, and jobs to fund the lives of the team members making the game (not to mention hosting for the site and forums), then, I'm sorry, but that's just too bad. Yes, the team is making the game for the public, but it's a also (mainly) a conduit through which they can hone their design skills (whether that be coding, 3D art, 2D art, etc.). The public doesn't own the game or the team. They will complete the update at their own pace. You've stated your dissatisfaction with that, and the community is aware of it, but don't try to shove it down people's throats - some people still have patience remaining. That goes for anyone who wants to profess the attitude that 1.3 is not progressing at all.

...and don't try to feign such an argumentative poise, Ready. Whether or not you were trying to string people along is beside the point; don't let me catch you antagonizing people like this again. I happen to consider it disrespectful. If you've read the AUP, you'll know that's not good for you, mmk?

Second order of business:

Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I don't really care if I get a warning for this, but..

**** you.
While you may not care whether or not you get a warning, that doesn't change the fact that you've flamed. A warning will be assigned for flaming.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seriously, if you are trying to be funny...don't. Because we get enough people with 2 or 3 posts whining on these forums when 1.3 will be released. I for one didn't find this "joke" funny at all, to me, you were just another ass demanding that the team works harder.

Best answers
I find it funny as hell. Im lmao in fact. :p ^^ I know but still I practicaly started on this thread with post 2, the first post I did here was Aug 2004 probably. :p So, I dont really care when they release 1.3, I just found it funny to get people pissed at me.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
Seriously, if you are trying to be funny...don't. Because we get enough people with 2 or 3 posts whining on these forums when 1.3 will be released. I for one didn't find this "joke" funny at all, to me, you were just another ass demanding that the team works harder.
Let's drop the issue, shall we? Refer to my above post for "closure" regarding the "joke" in question.

Let's leave room for some of the legit posts to be made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom