ESF 1.3 Countdown?

Best answers
Okay. I still find it funny people think a person with 7 posts can be serious.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ready2GoXtr said:
Okay. I still find it funny people think a person with 7 posts can be serious.
And I seriously find it funny that someone who, in all seriousness, should have read the AUP 2 years ago is insisting on taking an off-topic path in this thread.

This will be the last time I say this:

Let's keep to the topic and let legit, on-topic posts be made. Further deviation from the topic will result in a warning.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin_You said:
While you may not care whether or not you get a warning, that doesn't change the fact that you've flamed. A warning will be assigned for flaming.
:p Was totally worth it.

Anyway.

When 1.3 is announced, will it be done on IRC or will a thread also be made in the Force Pit? I don't use IRC, so it'd be helpful to me (and probably others too) if there was notice of it in the Force Pit as well. After all, the Force Pit is a part of the Forum, not of IRC. :p

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the way it worked for 1.2, I believe, was to first make the announcement on the main page about the release date and of the date and time of the IRC party. The link was posted in the FP before it was posted in #ESF on IRC and shortly thereafter posted on the main page. I assume it will work the same way. Though we also do have a FP channel now too.

-Karrde-

Best answers
@Ready2GoXtr

Your little comment at the esf team is what's absurd. They make this game on their own time, not on ours. They want it done just as fast as we do. They do this in their spare time, just to give us fun. Maybe if this game was getting a somewhat profit for the dev team then it would be a different story. But you can keep your mouth shut around here from now on. What right do you have to critize the esf team? You go decide to make your own mod, get a dev team dedicated to their work and whip something as good or better than this mod. You probaly can't. You probaly have never even opened up a development app in your life, let alone know what that is.

Dip****.

Ready2GoXtr said:
I find it funny as hell. Im lmao in fact. :p ^^ I know but still I practicaly started on this thread with post 2, the first post I did here was Aug 2004 probably. :p So, I dont really care when they release 1.3, I just found it funny to get people pissed at me.
More of a reason for people to think you are a complete and total retard.

Best answers
Greg2k5 said:
@Ready2GoXtr

Your little comment at the esf team is what's absurd. They make this game on their own time, not on ours. They want it done just as fast as we do. They do this in their spare time, just to give us fun. Maybe if this game was getting a somewhat profit for the dev team then it would be a different story. But you can keep your mouth shut around here from now on. What right do you have to critize the esf team? You go decide to make your own mod, get a dev team dedicated to their work and whip something as good or better than this mod. You probaly can't. You probaly have never even opened up a development app in your life, let alone know what that is.

Dip****.

Tool. Wait no, a retarded tool.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enough of you Ready2go. You have been flaming enough for my tastes, which earns you a warning; calling anyone else a tool will earn you a taste of my ban saber.

So, I'll kindly thank you to stfu, and descover that you inner child is more mature than your outer one. Wait patiently like everyone else, or are you so impatient that you are a slave to your impulses? I wonder who's the tool then?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KarrdeKNR said:
Well, the way it worked for 1.2, I believe, was to first make the announcement on the main page about the release date and of the date and time of the IRC party. The link was posted in the FP before it was posted in #ESF on IRC and shortly thereafter posted on the main page. I assume it will work the same way. Though we also do have a FP channel now too.

-Karrde-
I smell a great big talk in the FP chanal on irc. ^^

Dunno what im waiting for more. The big IRC talk festivan in a usualy halfdead chanal. Or the actual game ^^

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, people. I think it's time the Lord of the Universe sets things straight.

Firstly, be nice Anima =/

Secondly, we all know the dev team has lives of their own. Theres no point in protecting them like little zealots.

Thirdly, 1.3 is coming out in 2012. At least with that date, all of you will stop asking.

Finally, IRC is lame...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Greg2k5 said:
Dip****.

You may have been defending the ESF team, but a flame's a flame, that was certainly not the best way to deal with the situation :warning:

Best answers
Ravendust said:
You may have been defending the ESF team, but a flame's a flame, that was certainly not the best way to deal with the situation :warning:

Meh, a lot of forums have been getting these type of people lately.

Just gets to me.

Best answers
hey Ready, i guess im your only fan. Yea, you heard me, im for this guy. Why? Because hes right. Comon guys, its been YEARS, its not like your making another mod from scratch, and im willing to bet that ESF in the FIRST PLACE, a massive conversion for half life, didnt take much longer then this. This is an UPDATE, i dont care how many things it improves, your not totally converting a game here. It shouldnt take this long. And i dont give a damn if 1 person, spends 30 minutes on the thing per day. Hell, thats STILL about 10000 minutes per year of straight work. Its been not only a year and a half, but its also more then one person working on the thing.

I also received word from someone else who is IN the forcepit, that its crap. You shell out 10 bucks or make a huge deal out of some dumb contest, to get into a group that gives you some stupid pictures, and first play to a game thats not coming out any time soon. Is this just a way to weasle people out of their money? Cause i know mod development doesnt cost money, granted you have all nessecary programs to do it. Face the facts people, the more you support this idiotic "Force Pit" the more money we get to shell out to people who have promised to release a patch for years, and never did it. And you say its not a god given right to the public, well now it is. Now that we gave money (not that I am personally in the force-pit, i say "we" generally) to you, and quite a bit to depending on how many people shelled out for Force Pit, not releasing the mod now would basically be stealing. Cause we didnt get our moneys worth with a few pictures.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be fair to the team, "we" paid to have access to information regarding 1.3 sooner than it would normally be released; not 1.3.

Considering people tell me things, I didn't join the forcepit for that reason. I joined because I heard it was fun and hilarious. Needless to say, the person who gave me that bit of information is no longer in my inner circle.

Best answers
oh, sorry. you pay 10 dollars for INFORMATION about that mod that will never be released. my mistake.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gh0st-Xer0 said:
oh, sorry. you pay 10 dollars for INFORMATION about that mod that will never be released. my mistake.
It's only $5, not $10.

Nobody forces us to pay for Force Pit access, so I don't see what your problem is.

If you're going to insult the Team and what they've created, at least get your facts straight first. Just just sound like a sad little man right now. =/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, it is only 5 dollars. It is your own choice if you want to buy forcepit access, so don't whine about that. Again, this release is probably bigger than the initial release (as there are like...ermm 3 times the models, sounds, animations, sprites etc etc.(not to forget, alot of the game gets re-coded. Such as the PS-system and the melee-system) then there were needed for Beta 1.0) and most first releases can take up to a year and a half. So a release that is 3 times as large can easily take up to 2 years or longer.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gh0st-Xer0 said:
My point was they aren't trying to fool us. Forcepitters know they're paying for information and not for 1.3.

If you believe 1.3 (not "the mod" since the mod is already out) is never going to be released, theres no reason for you to be here. If you haven't paid the 5 bucks for access for the force pit, theres no reason for you to complain about it. You really have no right to complain about anything regarding this mod.

Best answers
first off, fine, its 5 dollars. the guy in the force pit i talked to said 5, someone screwed me up in the forums today saying 10. Sorry guys, my bad on that one.

Im aware noone makes you, but its hyped up to be alot more then it actually is, which in a way could be false advertisement. Either that, or you guys should say straight out what the Force Pit actually is. After that, THEN its noones fault :smile:

Although it may be larger in file size, id say it still doesnt take the amount of work a total conversion does.

In closing, i wont give anymore fuss about it for now. But if i dont see some signs of progress at the end of the year, im coming back to talk about this again. Bank on it.

EDIT: im full aware that i dont have force-pit, but it doesnt mean i shouldnt say anything about it. Although im sure most are, for some reason or another, "happy" in the pit, i feel it my duty to tell people its not all the glamour its supposed to be. You get some pictures, and a small bit of info. Basically, im the peoples voice who either dont belong to the forums, or dont want to make waves.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dont self-proclaim yourself, please.

Those people who dont belong to the forums probably

A: Never heard of ESF
B: Too lazy to sign up
C: Afraid of Kidboy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom